What are you getting your TEEN DD's THis Christmas 2013 thread

Ok I'm glad I waited on the Supernatural convention tickets. I think I'll save that for a bday gift. But One Republic just announced a concert for 2014 in NY & they go on sale tomorrow so I will be getting tickets for the whole family! It'll be a family Xmas gift lol ;-)

I agree, the experiences are what they will remember. If I asked my kids what they got for Xmas 2 years ago, they wouldn't have a clue lol they'd remember last year cause we went to Disney! ;-)

Thank you Thank you!! :worship: Both my daughters love One Republic. I had no idea One Republic is having another US tour in 2014. After reading your post, I checked their website and found out that they are coming to Denver in May and their tickets go on sale on this Friday. Hopefully, I can get tickets. They sell out fast here since they are from Colorado.

Thank you Thank you!! :worship: Both my daughters love One Republic. I had no idea One Republic is having another US tour in 2014. After reading your post, I checked their website and found out that they are coming to Denver in May and their tickets go on sale on this Friday. Hopefully, I can get tickets. They sell out fast here since they are from Colorado.

OMG, are you going to the show at Red Rock? I'm so jealous! It's on my bucket list to see a show there one day!!

Oh and you're very welcome! :thumbsup2

FYI: There is a presale tomorrow, just go on Livenation on Facebook & you can get the presale code for your city.

OMG, are you going to the show at Red Rock? I'm so jealous! It's on my bucket list to see a show there one day!!

Oh and you're very welcome! :thumbsup2

FYI: There is a presale tomorrow, just go on Livenation on Facebook & you can get the presale code for your city.

Yes, it is at Red Rocks. It is so beautiful there. It will be on May 28th. The night before our planned WDW trip (no reservations yet) and last day of school. I saw the presale on Facebook, but it seems that Denver and Chicago are excluded from the presale. I will check tomorrow anyway. I really hope that I can get tickets for my girls. It would be a great gift for Christmas. Thanks again :)

So?? How did everything do? Kids love it all? Biggest hit? Biggest surprise? Least favorite? I have to thank whoever mentioned the nail polish station, that was a surprising big hit!)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

On the nail polish station, thanks to that posting I found a DIY video on YouTube and made a custom one for dd out of foam board and duct tape that she loved! I like to make one gift and was struggling to find a good one this year. But this was better than hoped! Equally strange item that she loved were false eyelashes.:rotfl2: she is a simple girl and I love that!

I never posted my list, so here it is with reactions

DD13
North Face Denali - loved!
North Face Osito - loved!
Tiny diamond stud earrings - liked
Rollerguards - loved! Her favorite gift
Pjs - loved
Framed hockey poster - loved!
Hockey necklace - liked
Hockey practice jersey - liked
Dartmouth t-shirt - liked
Aeropostale vest - liked
Aeropostale sweatshirt and sweatpants - liked
Hollister jeans - liked but way too small - gave to sister
3 sweaters from JCP that she requested - loved 1, liked 2
Spandex shorts - didn't like - gave to sister
Aeropastale socks - "You bought me long socks?"
Little odds and ends - skate guards, lottery tickets, street hockey ball, short socks, candy - liked

DD14
Ugg boots - loved!
North Face Osito - loved!
Brown boots - loved!
Justin Bieber perfume - loved!
Hockey necklace - loved!
Pjs - loved
Hockey sweatpants - loved!
Hockey sweatshirt - did not come in on time, but she will love it
Framed hockey poster - loved!
Headbands - loved!
Aeropastale vest - liked
Aeropastale sweatshirt and sweatpants - liked
Hollister jeans - liked but way too small, inherited sister's pair
Spandex shorts - liked, and inherited sister's pair she didn't like
Little odds and ends - skate guards, lottery tickets, street hockey ball, socks, candy - liked

DD14 loves clothes but DD13 couldn't care less. I think Christmas is a little disappointing to them because they have all the big ticket electronics they could ever want, so there is little to buy them anymore that seems exciting to them. They need to work on more detailed lists during the year. Also we often will surprise them with something that they thought we would never buy them, and we did not do that this year. But in the end they had a good Christmas and know they are spoiled.

For my DD the best gift was the blu tooth speaker (thanks to a few posters here who mentioned it). Dd briefly mentioned wanting one and DH and I ponied up for the nicest one we could afford. Dd has never had good quality speakers and was blown away by the gift and the sound quality. We heard it all day.

And she also loved her minecraft membership. This was an impulse gift and she loved it.

Anyone else have hits to share?

I kept seeing NORTHFACE jackets on this board so picked one up on Christmas Eve. SHE LOVED THIS!!

Biggest hit - computer (she earned enough to buy it herself but thought she needed Christmas money from inlaws to completely afford it but I got it 200 off on black Friday!). So wrapped this and we paid for warranty. THRILLED!

Loved Northface and 1 direction tickets were a surprise since they are not touring in our city!

Bought her a new book just released on the history of MINECRAFT. She loved this too! again it was a last minute purchase..

She isn't very into clothes as long as it says AE she could care less so I dont' buy much but did get her an AE leggings and hoodie (she goes to a private school so they are in uniforms)

No flops at all really....her aunt sent her Taylor Swift Keds but sent two sizes b/c she wasn't sure so now all I have to do is return one pair instead of tracking down another size! How sweet was that....

DD16 loved her Minnetonka fringe boots. She didn't ask for these but loves them.

I am so glad I went with the last minute 3DS for my dd, that thing has not left her hands except to sleep since Christmas! I am still surprised! She LOVED the Ugg boots and Vera Bradley throw. Those three were the big hits here! She had a very nice Christmas! :thumbsup2

Big hits for DD15 were:

Imagine Dragon concert tix
Pair of boots that lace up the back
Guitar string jewelry (thanks to scottmel for this idea)
Abbey Road on vinyl (from Grandpa)
Ukelele (surprised by how much she liked this)
Guitar pick punch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter