• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're touring Disney like a 3 year old (2TRs in 1!)- UPDATE 5/18 pg. 46

I'm here! I'm sorry that I'm getting in a little late. I have not been on the Dis that much the last few months, but I'm hoping that will change now that the summer is coming. I'm so glad you decided to do a TR. I am going to do one too, and it has been 6 months from our trip! :scared1: I'm in the same situation as you though. No WDW trip in sight and I am missing the World, so it will be fun to live it again while writing it.

I can't believe the craziness of getting out of New England. I remember you posting on FB that you had gotten out before the storm hit, but that is a crazy story!

I LOVE the character breakfast photos. Your DD looks so happy in all of them. I know that Dylan would love that one as well, since he watches all those shows. We wil have to remember that for next time.

Joining In! What a great start to the trip! I'm glad you were able to avoid the crazy snow storm. We're in the Midwest and it was a very long winter here too! I'm glad you were able to escape for a little and soak up some Disney magic! :cool1:

Can't wait to read more!

Awww what a wonderful meet and greet! I love how you were as excited as your little one! The pictures are adorable and what great memories you'll always cherish from that visit :goodvibes

I have always been excited when at Disney, but it's just so much more fun to experience it with a little one. We had some truly fantastic moments this trip. I can't wait to share one moment in particular.

Awww what an adorable moment for your daughter, it's so cute how much she loves her little Annie.

The final picture is sooo cute:goodvibes

Thank you! It was an awesome moment and as a matter of fact, she was just talking about it the other night. Annie went out for a day trip with us today, too. I love the last picture too!:lovestruc

Okay, I'm a big sap..I had tears in my eyes during this update! :goodvibes I LOVE how great Annie and Leo were with your little one.

Aww, Tink, thanks! I am telling you, I thought of you and your little guy all the time this trip. I couldn't wait to share some of the moments with you so that is one of the reasons I decided to go through with this TR. I knew you would understand just how great some of those moments are.

You aren't a big sap at all! Either that, or I am just as big a sap! ;)

Joining in! I read your last TR and loved it; is it sad that I got excited that you were going back to Hollywood and Vine and there would be more adorable picture :rotfl: Anyway, another great report so far! :thumbsup2

Aw, thanks! It's fun to find that I had some readers that enjoyed my last TR! I never knew if it was just way too many pictures of my daughter, but really, that is the major reason for the trip! This is another character heavy trip. :rotfl:

I'm here! I'm sorry that I'm getting in a little late. I have not been on the Dis that much the last few months, but I'm hoping that will change now that the summer is coming. I'm so glad you decided to do a TR. I am going to do one too, and it has been 6 months from our trip! :scared1: I'm in the same situation as you though. No WDW trip in sight and I am missing the World, so it will be fun to live it again while writing it.

I can't believe the craziness of getting out of New England. I remember you posting on FB that you had gotten out before the storm hit, but that is a crazy story!

I LOVE the character breakfast photos. Your DD looks so happy in all of them. I know that Dylan would love that one as well, since he watches all those shows. We wil have to remember that for next time.

Hi Alison! I was so excited to see your post because that meant you are back on the boards! :yay: I am totally using this TR to help bridge the gap between now and whenever we may plan another trip back. My hubby definitely wants to wait until the fantasyland expansion is done and I feel like that is so far away! ;) But we are now toying with the idea of a quick DL trip next year because a friend is getting married out in LA. Any excuse to stop by, right?

I bet Dylan would have a blast! She loves it! She was asking about so may character meals this time around.

Joining In! What a great start to the trip! I'm glad you were able to avoid the crazy snow storm. We're in the Midwest and it was a very long winter here too! I'm glad you were able to escape for a little and soak up some Disney magic! :cool1:

Can't wait to read more!

We literally just barely made it out of New England. If you are in the Midwest you may even remember that string of snowstorms. It was really bad. It shut down half the flights in the nation for days. Hope to get another update in here within the next day or so. Welcome to the TR and thanks for reading!

Those pics of your DD with Leo and Annie are just adorable! You've certainly had a great start with the character interaction. Hope it continues?

I mentioned that after seeing your Hollywood and Vine pics l was tempted to try an get an ADR, well l went for it! Think l was lucky this late out but managed to get a breakfast slot, so excited! :banana:

What a cute update with big and little Annie! Your daughter looks like she is having a blast! Too, too cute!

Awww what a sweet character interaction your DD had with Annie and Leo! I can only imagine how precious it must be to view WDW through the eyes of your little one :goodvibes

Those pics of your DD with Leo and Annie are just adorable! You've certainly had a great start with the character interaction. Hope it continues?

I mentioned that after seeing your Hollywood and Vine pics l was tempted to try an get an ADR, well l went for it! Think l was lucky this late out but managed to get a breakfast slot, so excited! :banana:

Yes, this is definitely a TR full of characters, DD included. :laughing: She just loved looking for her "friends" in the parks and didn't care most of the time if we had already seen them. I think we saw the fab 5 more times than I can count. And it was all just as awesome for her each time. Annie was definitely a big moment though.

Yay! I'm glad that you got into the breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. We have only ever been for the character breakfast and at least then, we know what kind of food we are in for. I hear the food isn't as good for the other meals. It's not as popular as some of the other character meals, so the interaction is great! I hope you have a great time with your family and can't wait to hear all about it!

What a cute update with big and little Annie! Your daughter looks like she is having a blast! Too, too cute!

Thank you! She was totally in heaven with this interaction. She just loves Annie, right up there with Jessie, so it was a special moment for us.

Awww what a sweet character interaction your DD had with Annie and Leo! I can only imagine how precious it must be to view WDW through the eyes of your little one :goodvibes

It is so different to see Disney through the eyes of a little kid. Everything is just so magical, and the fact that it's your own child, makes it that much better. Thanks for reading!

After that completely fabulous encounter with Leo and Annie, we decided to say farewell for the moment to Hollywood Studios and make our way over to the Magic Kingdom. A quick side note – our little one would constantly ask us every morning if we were going to the Magical Kingdom when we would get ready to leave the hotel room. Both of us found it so cute that she called it “magical kingdom” and never tried to correct her. Because when you think about it, it really is a magical place!

Anyways, it wasn’t long before we were walking down Main Street. Of course I needed to stop off for a PP pic. However, if you see the faces of the rest of my little family, you can see that they are obviously not in the mood for pics. I find it funny that my daughter is making the exact same face as my husband – not planned.

ry%3D400

She is always making facial expressions that look exactly like my husband, so this was just further proof of that for me. He never believes me though, and now he can see it for himself!

Our first stop – Fantasyland. Our little one had decided that she wanted to ride Dumbo. Those of you who read my first TR may recall that the closest we ever got to Dumbo was this

ry%3D400

So we were definitely expecting a change of heart when we got closer to the attraction. We got in line and someone started to look a little nervous.

ry%3D400

But so far, so good. There was about a 20-30 minute wait and she was actually pretty good in that line. We spent a lot of the time planning out what color Dumbo we would ride. She also kept telling me that we were going to “fly low, not high, okay?”

ry%3D400

Almost there and she is looking excited!

ry%3D400

Wait, make that nervous again. I have never ridden on Dumbo before myself, so I was excited to go on the iconic ride.

ry%3D400

We ended up picking out a blue Dumbo.

ry%3D400

Time to buckle up. This is the moment of truth. This is where she freaked out at Sesame Place a few summers ago. They had to postpone the start of that ride so we could get out of the flying Elmo. I was totally scanning her face.

ry%3D400

Looks like we are good to go!

ry%3D400

And we’re off!

ry%3D400

I don’t really have any pics of us in flight as my husband took videos instead of that. She definitely had a death grip on my arm during the whole flight, but I was proud of her. She made it through and there were no tears. She got a little nervous at the end when the elephant went up in the air, but since it’s quick, she did fine. Phew. Success! :banana:

We had no set plans for the rest of the day (other than we wanted to stay until the Main Street Electrical parade) so we wandered through the park when we came across some Toys out and about. The line was a bit long, but there was no way we were going to get out of this meeting. It was Woody and Jessie! And in case you didn’t notice, our little girl was wearing a Jessie tee shirt. So straight in line we went. My husband actually ran off and got a chicken tenders meal for our girl to munch on while she waited.

Now let me take a quick break to talk about what I spotted while in line. DD was in the stroller just hanging out, waiting, and watching the kids in front of us play around. It was a family of 4 – two little boys and the parents. Well, the youngest boy was probably about my daughter’s age, maybe a little younger. The mom was playing around with her phone and the dad was just looking around at people and whatnot. The older boy was playing around on the fence and chatting. The little one….wandered around the family a bit, right up to the trashcan in front of us and started reaching inside. Not only that, pretty sure his mouth was dangerously close to the edge of the trashcan. :crazy2: I’m pretty sure I was grossed out at this point. He proceeded to root around the trash while his parents were oblivious. When his dad finally noticed, he grabbed the boy and told him not to play there, then asked him if he wanted a snack, handing him something to munch on. :scared1: No cleaning the hands, no baby wipes, no hand sanitizer, nothing. I don’t know if that grosses anyone else out, but I was definitely skeeved out. Ugh. All those germs.

Anyways……back to our meeting. After the yucky incident, dad was back with our daughter’s lunch and she happily snacked away as we waited for our turn to meet Woody and Jessie. Soon, it was our turn.

ry%3D400

And our little one was off to meet two more favorites.

ry%3D400

Hugs for Woody

ry%3D400

and a hi-five.

ry%3D400

Picture time!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

For some reason, we didn’t capture the Jessie hug. But never fear, we have a truly memorable Woody/Jessie interaction coming up in the trip. I can’t wait to share that moment. She was so happy to meet these two and I don’t think it went unnoticed. As she was walking away, a castmember came up and handed our little girl a pack of Toy Story cards – it was a game of memory! So cute and a fun little surprise. We still have those cards at home and still play with them today.

Up next – our first spotting of the infamous Brazilian tour groups

Love your TR :thumbsup2
You have a beautiful family!
It brings make so many memories.
My DD (13) and DS (10) were 5 and 2 1/2 on our first visit to WDW.
I'll never forget their wonderment at meeting all of their "friends".
I remember my DD asking Cinderella which room in the castle was hers. Cinderella said 'Why the highest one, my dear".
Whenever we would pass the castle my DD would have to look up and point to the highest window and tell us that was Cinderella's room.
And when my DS (who was wearing a Buzz Lightyear visor) went up to Buzz. My DD pointed to my DS's visor and Buzz picked up my DS and hugged him.
Sorry to go down memory lane during your TR.
I can't wait for updates and to read your prior TR.
Amy

The PP picture in front of the castle is so cute and funny. I love how your husband and daughter are both cocking their heads to the side making the same exact expression! :rotfl:

Horray for your little girl's first Dumbo ride being a success! Did she ride it again during your trip or will we have to wait and find out? ;)

The boy putting his hands in the trashcan made me :scared1: I am such a germaphobe.

Love that pic!! So cute! You can see how excited she is :)

And you aren't the only one who found that gross! I don't even have kids yet but I can guarantee that my child wouldn't be touching ANYTHING else until we visited a bathroom to wash hands (or at least used sanitizer..but definitely not food til we used real soap and water)! Ewww!

Love your TR :thumbsup2
You have a beautiful family!
It brings make so many memories.
My DD (13) and DS (10) were 5 and 2 1/2 on our first visit to WDW.
I'll never forget their wonderment at meeting all of their "friends".
I remember my DD asking Cinderella which room in the castle was hers. Cinderella said 'Why the highest one, my dear".
Whenever we would pass the castle my DD would have to look up and point to the highest window and tell us that was Cinderella's room.
And when my DS (who was wearing a Buzz Lightyear visor) went up to Buzz. My DD pointed to my DS's visor and Buzz picked up my DS and hugged him.
Sorry to go down memory lane during your TR.
I can't wait for updates and to read your prior TR.
Amy

Thanks, I am glad you are enjoying it!

That is such a cute story about your DD. I love when the "characters" are able to add to the standard meet and greet experience. People always ask me why I bring her so young, but really, I think this has been the perfect age. It is all so amazing to her. Love that buzz picked up your son - but did he say anything about how hard Buzz is?:rotfl: Wait until you hear about our big Jessie moment later in the trip.

The PP picture in front of the castle is so cute and funny. I love how your husband and daughter are both cocking their heads to the side making the same exact expression! :rotfl:

Horray for your little girl's first Dumbo ride being a success! Did she ride it again during your trip or will we have to wait and find out? ;)

The boy putting his hands in the trashcan made me :scared1: I am such a germaphobe.

I thought that was funny too, how they looked the same in that photo. And I am oblivious to it at the time.

In regards to Dumbo, let's just say that we definitely got more rides in general into this vacation than we did last year in May.

I not only found the hands in the trashcan gross, but the fact that he could have been licking the edge too totally awful. I couldn't tell from my viewpoint, but his mouth was right there. :eek:

Love that pic!! So cute! You can see how excited she is :)

And you aren't the only one who found that gross! I don't even have kids yet but I can guarantee that my child wouldn't be touching ANYTHING else until we visited a bathroom to wash hands (or at least used sanitizer..but definitely not food til we used real soap and water)! Ewww!

Thanks! She loves Jessie and wants to be her when she grows up (that's what she tells me all the time). She was always so excited to meet her friends.

I guess it didn't bother those folks that their kid was all in the trashcan. :eek: Ugh, I was definitely grossed out. It took me a while to get over that sight. I even have my daughter use hand sanitizer after she's washed her hands when she has to use a public restroom - just in case, before she touches food.

I am so excited for you that she finally rode Dumbo! It is such a right-of-Disney-passage, you know? It was so cute watching her expression change throughout all of the pictures.

My favorite picture was of her running to the characters with her book in her hand. Just about the cutest thing ever! She was focused on the prize. :lmao:

I just have to say that in the last picture, Jessie looks like she has no neck at all. Is it just me? It looks so weird, but maybe it's just me.... :confused3

How exciting that she was finally ready to ride Dumbo, what an awesome moment!

Ugh to the trash can story, i would have been horrified too.

I'm so glad she finally rode Dumbo!! How exciting! :goodvibes I know how nervous you can get when you're waiting to see if they're going to freak out or not.

Its really cute to see your DD interactions with the characters. Big Ann getting a kick out of Lil Ann was too cute!

How gross about that boy reaching into the trash can. Ugh!

I'm so glad you guys got to ride Dumbo. Its the only ride I remember going on as a kid.

Love your report!

I don't think I could have washed my child's hands enough if I found her reaching in a garbage can! Yuck!!

When my daughter's was about your little one's age she brought her little June to see big June. She was so excited! :)

your daughter is so beautiful. i just found this today, but it made me happy to read it. you can just see the joy and excitement on her face! looking forward to reading more!

I am so excited for you that she finally rode Dumbo! It is such a right-of-Disney-passage, you know? It was so cute watching her expression change throughout all of the pictures.

My favorite picture was of her running to the characters with her book in her hand. Just about the cutest thing ever! She was focused on the prize. :lmao:

I just have to say that in the last picture, Jessie looks like she has no neck at all. Is it just me? It looks so weird, but maybe it's just me.... :confused3

I know! I was so happy that she rode it too. :goodvibes She talked about going on before the last trip, but I think just got scared when she saw it in person. She loved watching the videos of it online or on the Disney DVD, but she was also hoping to ride it with Mickey.

She literally was always running to the characters. But Jessie and Annie are definitely two characters that she couldn't wait to see.

Too funny about Jessie's neck. I had to go back to look at it. Hard to tell since they have such large heads!:laughing:

How exciting that she was finally ready to ride Dumbo, what an awesome moment!

Ugh to the trash can story, i would have been horrified too.

It was an awesome moment, thanks!

Ugh, the trash can incident, still disgusts me. I aalready freak out if she touches the stall walls in a public bathroom. :eek:

I'm so glad she finally rode Dumbo!! How exciting! :goodvibes I know how nervous you can get when you're waiting to see if they're going to freak out or not.

Right? You are in that nervous limbo state wondering how they are going to react before the ride and really hope it all goes okay. I was so relieved!

Oh my goodness your DD is absolutely adorable! Enjoying the TR!

Thanks so much! Thanks for reading it!

Its really cute to see your DD interactions with the characters. Big Ann getting a kick out of Lil Ann was too cute!

How gross about that boy reaching into the trash can. Ugh!

I'm so glad you guys got to ride Dumbo. Its the only ride I remember going on as a kid.

I don't know how much she will remember about the trip and rides, but she still talks about some character interactions and some of the rides. She does talk about going back to Disney World on a daily basis, so I know she remembers the feeling of being there.:thumbsup2

Love your report!

I don't think I could have washed my child's hands enough if I found her reaching in a garbage can! Yuck!!

When my daughter's was about your little one's age she brought her little June to see big June. She was so excited! :)

Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Right? Let along just give your child something to eat right away? I don't get it. :confused3

Love that June story! I would love to be a character and be able to make a moment like that come true. It must be a fun feeling to be on the other end of it as well. DD loves June as well, so we were sad that we weren't able to pick one up that trip.

your daughter is so beautiful. i just found this today, but it made me happy to read it. you can just see the joy and excitement on her face! looking forward to reading more!

Thank you! I am glad that it makes you happy, because it sure makes me happy to relive it! Her face is very expressive, you can definitely tell exactly what is on her mind! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter