• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're touring Disney like a 3 year old (2TRs in 1!)- UPDATE 5/18 pg. 46

Hiya Ann :wave2: I'm here!! So glad you decided to write this TR!

Yuck, I didn't realize getting out of town for this trip turned out to be such an adventure for you - stupid snow. :sad2: Glad you made it though!

Hi Michelle! :wave2: Thanks for making your way over here.

It was definitely an adventure making it there. Especially trying to drive through the blizzard in a tiny little rental car when every other sane person is either staying home and off the roads or driving in a car with 4WD.

Hope you getting all of your last minute things done!

Ugh what awful news that must have been with all those canceled flights, but yay for finding one out of a different area.

I love the photo of your munchkin catching snowflakes...too cute!

Yes, I think we went through 3 cancelled flights in about 12 hours. So stressful. I had to keep calling my parents to see what they were predicting weatherwise in VA so we could make the decision to fly out of there.

She loves catching snow like that - all came from the books we were reading at the time. She's not really a fan of snow otherwise.

So to do a quick recap of our travels…..
Original plan: arrive in Orlando on Wed. 2/2 around 3pm, explore the resort, then dinner at Boma
What ended up happening: rented a car to drive to Virginia barely escaping the blizzard on Tuesday 2/1. Spent a nice relaxing day with my parents and enjoyed a yummy lunch prior to going to the airport. So when all is said and done, we were actually going to arrive on the same day, just much later in the evening. Too late for our ADR at Boma (bummer since we all love that place)

I enjoy the airport in Washington DC much more than the one we typically leave from up here in MA, so I was a happy camper. And since we had been with my family, I already felt like I was on vacation. And our little girl loves looking at the airplanes at the gates.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Time passed pretty quickly, and uneventfully, at the gate. We were still flying Jet Blue so pretty soon, we were getting all settled in for the flight.

ry%3D400

Skip ahead a few hours and we had landed in Orlando, picked up our rental car and checked into our room at Port Orleans Riverside. We decided to grab a quick meal at the food court and decided on a make-your-own-pasta dish to bring back to the room. I think we grabbed a cheesecake for our dessert. Of course we picked up a refillable mug to use also. After all the traveling from the past two days, we were tired and I wanted to make sure our munchkin got in a good night sleep. We had our first day at Disney and a favorite character meal ahead of us.

This was our first time staying at POR and we were pretty pleased with it. The rooms were a bit bigger than at the POP and we enjoyed having two sinks to use.

ry%3D400

If we had only planned our trip a few months later (or picked POFQ to stay at), we could have had a newly refurbished room. But I have always loved the look of the mansions, so I was happy we got to stay here.

Anyways, we had a good night sleep and pretty soon it was morning and it was time to start our Disney vacation!

Here is a view of our building.

ry%3D400

and the building next to ours.

ry%3D400

Our little girl was all set to go. Of course she brought along her little friend from our last trip, Annie.

ry%3D400

She had been talking for weeks about how she was bringing little Annie to meet big Annie. Love it.

See ya later, Port Orleans.

ry%3D400

We’re on our way to

ry%3D400

for our morning meal. We had a date with some important friends. For those who followed along on our previous trip, you might recall that we got our trip started with a character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine and it was a huge success. So we wanted to get our trip started in the same fashion this time around. Only this time, instead of meeting JoJo and Goliath, Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso would be joining Leo and June. Our little one was very excited to see Oso.

Here we are just sitting on the bench, waiting for our names to be called.

ry%3D400

We even got in a nice family shot.

ry%3D400

We were soon seated and before we even had our drinks, someone was already stopping by for a hug from our little girl.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

As you can see, she is already all smiles with “her friends.” She is definitely in her element at these character meals. I wasn’t sure we would be able to get any food in her because Leo was soon stopping by our table.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After signing the book comes the hug and kiss.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After Leo’s visit, my hubby slipped away to try to put together a plate of food for our little princess. We stayed at the table since June was skipping her way over.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And just as June’s visit was coming to an end, the music started blaring as it was time for the dance party. Our little girl definitely remembered what she needed to do here as she followed June up to the front and made her self comfortable. Do you see her? She put herself smack dab in the middle.

ry%3D400

and of course she kept her place right next to June as they paraded around the restaurant.

ry%3D400

Ecstatic as she is making her way back to her seat.

ry%3D400

Dad finally made it back with some food for our little one and she just had to fill him in on what he missed. She especially wanted to ask him if he saw her dancing with her friends.

ry%3D400

We got a few bites of food into her little belly before it was time for her to jump out of her seat for another hug.

ry%3D400

continued

Oh my goodness, looks like H&V was another great meal. You know we loved it there with my Little Guy! :goodvibes I just wish Special Agent Oso was there then!

June stopped by one more time and our little one just had to introduce her to little Annie (of course there was another hug involved).

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

She even brought her up to dance a bit.

ry%3D400

I guess her participation didn’t go unnoticed because we ended up getting one last visitor to our table.

ry%3D400

Definitely a successful breakfast! Good thing we weren’t touring the parks commando style because it’s always a long meal with us when there are characters involved.

ry%3D400

We didn’t make it to the park in time to grab FPs for Toy Story before our breakfast but we decided to walk over and see how bad the wait was just in case. But first, a stop for the customary big hat picture.

ry%3D400

Then we continued on our way to Pixar Place. Surprise to us, the wait wasn’t even 45 minutes, so in we went!

ry%3D400

She was so happy to be a part of her favorite board game. Hopping her way down the path.

ry%3D400

I have to admit, I was pretty happy hopping along behind her. I love that game myself!

ry%3D400

I’m pretty bananas about scrabble/words with friends/wordfeud myself.

ry%3D400

I know where Mr. Potato Head is, can I get that reward money? It sure would come in handy.

I told mr. Potato Head to “freeze” so that I could capture him.

ry%3D400

Capture him on camera, that is. Haha. I know, so corny. I can’t help it. I’m sleep deprived.

ry%3D400

Glasses on!

ry%3D400

I am happy to report that this trip went much better than our last one in terms of rides. She loved TSM. She kept asking to go on it over and over again. If only it were that easy.

We decided to stick around DHS a little while longer.

up next: little Annie meets big Annie

Oh my goodness, looks like H&V was another great meal. You know we loved it there with my Little Guy! :goodvibes I just wish Special Agent Oso was there then!

Yes, a definite success. I know you had a blast too! She was happy to see Oso. :goodvibes

What a fun update! Your DHS morning looks like the perfect start for your family vacation :) I love how happy the little one looks :cutie:

What a fun update! Your DHS morning looks like the perfect start for your family vacation :) I love how happy the little one looks :cutie:

Thank you, she was so happy. Pretty much the whole trip she was jumping around in happiness. I think we have found this meal to be the perfect start to our trip so far. It may changes as her fave characters change. I love how interactive it is and that you don't feel rushed since it's not as crowded and not one of the "must-do" character meals for many people.

Wow what a perfect character breakfast you had. Must be lovely seeing your little one so happy to meet her friends, just the reaction you can only hope for.

We're not too big on breakfast so haven't booked any, but after seeing those pics l may have to see if l can squeeze in an ADR. My DD loves Oso and Handy Manny so would be great for her :)

She is just too cute. Love that she loves everyone that comes and sees her. Not much fear in her. Love that smile. :)

Your daughter is ADORABLE :) It sounds like you're having an awesome trip so far! I really can't wait to read more! I completely understand about that snow. We had a TERRIBLE winter here, too, and it's just not quite springtime weather yet. Too much rain!

I'm in. Can't wait for more.

Hi and thanks for reading along! I have another update coming up of a favorite moment.

Wow what a perfect character breakfast you had. Must be lovely seeing your little one so happy to meet her friends, just the reaction you can only hope for.

We're not too big on breakfast so haven't booked any, but after seeing those pics l may have to see if l can squeeze in an ADR. My DD loves Oso and Handy Manny so would be great for her :)

I am always so happy at Disney because I love experiencing it through her eyes now. It changes everything. I was definitely teary eyed last year and there were some moments this year that brought happy tears to my eyes.

The food was typical breakfast fare, but the character interaction was pretty great. We never felt rushed and even saw some characters more than once. DD loved getting up to do the dance and parade. If you DD loves Handy Manny and Oso, you should try it. I think this is the only place you can see Oso (not positive if he is out near Playhouse Disney). And the line is typically long for Handy Manny, so we were able to get some characters crossed off our list

She is just too cute. Love that she loves everyone that comes and sees her. Not much fear in her. Love that smile. :)

Oh, trust me, there is a lot of fear in her. And you can't tell from these character interactions, but she has pretty bad separation anxiety and stranger anxiety. However, she considers these guys her "friends" so she is all smiles.

Your daughter is ADORABLE :) It sounds like you're having an awesome trip so far! I really can't wait to read more! I completely understand about that snow. We had a TERRIBLE winter here, too, and it's just not quite springtime weather yet. Too much rain!

Thank you! I have an update coming up on a sweet moment for us. I think we went from winter to summer now with warm temps and major humidity. Not that I'm complaining, since we are now done with two weeks of a foggy rainy mess.

After we made our way out of Pixar Place, we meandered our way around the park until we found Luigi’s Garage. It was time to meet Lightening and Mater! We did make one quick pit stop though, I was looking to get out of the rain.

ry%3D400

Our little munchkin had no idea that water was going to be falling from the sky so as soon as the rain started, her legs wrapped around me super tight. And she soon asked me how we were going to make it out from under the umbrella.

We jumped out from the raining umbrella and made our way over to those famous cars. Lucky for us, there was barely a line. Our little girl was still a bit scared to see them up close by herself, so she pulled me and little Annie along for the meet and greet.

ry%3D400

Apparently Annie loves the cars.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We said goodbye to Lightening McQueen and Mater and decided we needed to try to see if big Annie was out and about. We were planning on heading over to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon, but our little princess was dying to show big Annie her little Annie. We were basically at DHS just for the breakfast. I can’t wait too long in my vacation to see the castle!

We headed over to the Playhouse Disney area, which was actually closed for renovations. We were a bit bummed because she had enjoyed that show last year, but they were updating it into the Disney Junior show. At least the characters were still coming out for meets in front of the building. And lucky for us, Leo and Annie were out! :thumbsup2

Our little girl was so excited! I have to admit that I was excited too. Ever since we got her the Annie doll last year, she has accompanied us on various outings. We were actually hoping to score another Annie doll on this trip (as a back-up in case this one gets lost) and a little June to play with Annie. Sadly, they are no longer being sold. Anyways, back to the big meet.

ry%3D400

I love how they get down to her level. You can see our daughter already has Annie in her arms. And she went straight for big Annie.

ry%3D400

Little Annie did not go unnoticed.

ry%3D400

Leo was pointing to the doll and Annie saying there were two of them now. He found that amusing. Big Annie was showing everyone the little Annie doll.

ry%3D400

And our little girl was eating it all up. It was great! She was getting a kick out of watching big Annie play with little Annie.

ry%3D400

Then it looks like big Annie was going to take little Annie and keep her for herself.

ry%3D400

It was so cute to watch. And Leo finally got a little attention from our princess.

ry%3D400

Now he is blown away that there are 3 Annies – the doll, his sister, and the picture in the book.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have to say that these big kids are pretty cute!

ry%3D400

Picture time!

ry%3D400

Then came one of my favorite moments. Big Annie (with little Annie still in her pocket) grabs a hold of my daughter’s hand and just starts to walk off with her. And of course she goes right with her (why wouldn’t she follow her friend Annie?), hand in hand. I was totally wishing I had my video camera handy then. I was too busy drinking it all in. But we did capture one last moment as big Annie said good-bye to our little girl and returned little Annie to her.

ry%3D400

I absolutely LOVE :cloud9: that photo. It’s right up there as one of my favorite photos and moments from this trip. It was so great of the characters to spend that much time with her and make it so worthwhile. She was talking nonstop about it all day and for days to come. All about how big Annie wanted to go home with her and how she wanted to keep little Annie. I surely had a grin on my face almost as big as my daughter’s.

Awww what a wonderful meet and greet! I love how you were as excited as your little one! The pictures are adorable and what great memories you'll always cherish from that visit :goodvibes

Awww what an adorable moment for your daughter, it's so cute how much she loves her little Annie.

The final picture is sooo cute:goodvibes

Okay, I'm a big sap..I had tears in my eyes during this update! :goodvibes I LOVE how great Annie and Leo were with your little one.

Joining in! I read your last TR and loved it; is it sad that I got excited that you were going back to Hollywood and Vine and there would be more adorable picture :rotfl: Anyway, another great report so far! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter