We're touring Disney like a 3 year old (2TRs in 1!)- UPDATE 5/18 pg. 46

I can't believe i missed so much :confused3 I wasn't getting the updates from your TR..

My son loved the cars... we watch the movie daily. Can't wait til the second one comes out so we can watch something different :rotfl2:

Mass weather was crazy this winter I love the snow but it was even too much for me..

I am so bummed we missed toon town by just a couple weeks looks like you guys were having fun.. Can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

I can't believe i missed so much :confused3 I wasn't getting the updates from your TR..

My son loved the cars... we watch the movie daily. Can't wait til the second one comes out so we can watch something different :rotfl2:

Mass weather was crazy this winter I love the snow but it was even too much for me..

I am so bummed we missed toon town by just a couple weeks looks like you guys were having fun.. Can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

No worries, I was actually on a roll with the updates there.

My daughter loves the Cars movie. I actually can't believe that our DVD copy still works with the amount of times she asked to watch it. My best friend has already asked that as her birthday present, she wants us to all go see the Cars2 movie with her. :thumbsup2

MA weather was crazy. I don't think I could see backing out of my driveway for weeks! It was insane how much snow we kept getting this year.

We always have to visit Toontown. I'll be sad if they end up getting rid of the country houses completely. I hope they move them somewhere else on property.

By the way, love that you have a countdown for the day that you book your vacation!

Love the pictures with the princesses. Your DD is adorable.
I agree to take them when they are younger. The are totally caught up in all the magic. My DS was 2 1/2 and my DD was 5 when we went the first time - May 2003. They would cry to go back to Disney. I would be taking them to day care on my way to work and they would be crying that they want to go back to Disney. (what a way to start your day!) That was the year they offered the Fairy Tale Package - go for 7 but pay for 4. I told my DH that if we went again that summer our DS was still "free". So we went again that August. I am so glad we did take them when they were younger. The pictures and videos are precious.
My friend (who is a WDW lover) made a funny comment when we were talking about people not taking their children at a young age because "they won't remember it". She said she doesn't remember hardly anything of her 1st marriage and is glad she doesn't! And she said she was certainly older when it happened.
Looking forward to more updatespopcorn::
Amy

Thanks! I feel like I am always just clicking away with my camera in hopes that I'll get a good fireworks shot.

Maybe that's why I like Spectro more? It's pretty much the main parade I saw as a kid and teen and the first one that we brought our daughter too. I do think there is something nice about the music for us. It gives both of us the Disney feeling, just like Wishes does for me.

As we start debating more on the the west coast trip, I may just take you up on that offer. Like, do you think two days for DL/CA will be enough? I was reading your old DL TR while you were updating it. I have never been, so I just am excited to see it one day

I would say that depending on the time of year that you are going, 2 days might be enough. DL is very similar to WDW, but it is smaller & easier to get around the park. Since many of the rides are similar, you already know which rides are your favorites and which you could skip (if you needed to). You want to leave some time for Toontown since it is VERY different and has the Roger Rabbit ride, which tends to have a longer line. Also, Indiana Jones is a MUST DO, and that can get long too. At least IJ has Fastpass and is next door to other rides that usually have a shorter line (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc) so you could pass the time doing those other rides.

In my opinion, DCA has been a 1 day park in the past. They have a lot of the big rides like ToT, Soarin', TSM, California Screamin', but we always seem to leave and feel like we got everything done in one day... Now that they have added Little Mermaid ride and World of Color night time show, it may add more to the day than before. The areas like Bugs Land and the playground area add time too.

If you are going during the high season, you might want to add one more day, just due to the lines and whether you want to commando style the parks or really slow down and take in all of the differences.

Love the pictures with the princesses. Your DD is adorable.
I agree to take them when they are younger. The are totally caught up in all the magic. My DS was 2 1/2 and my DD was 5 when we went the first time - May 2003. They would cry to go back to Disney. I would be taking them to day care on my way to work and they would be crying that they want to go back to Disney. (what a way to start your day!) That was the year they offered the Fairy Tale Package - go for 7 but pay for 4. I told my DH that if we went again that summer our DS was still "free". So we went again that August. I am so glad we did take them when they were younger. The pictures and videos are precious.
My friend (who is a WDW lover) made a funny comment when we were talking about people not taking their children at a young age because "they won't remember it". She said she doesn't remember hardly anything of her 1st marriage and is glad she doesn't! And she said she was certainly older when it happened.
Looking forward to more updatespopcorn::
Amy

Funny, that is what goes on with me here at home all the time. I'll pick up my daughter from daycare and she'll ask me if we are going to Disney World now. Or she'll ask me if I have to go to work (I do nights) and why do I have to go to work. My response is always that I need to make money for Disney World. Which then progresses into a discussion with her on how many more times I have to go to work before we have enough money for Disney. :rolleyes1 I may need to come up with some new answers.

Love the response of your friend. I wouldn't trade any of our Disney vacations for anything. The memories have been priceless and I don't know how much she'll remember now, but she loves watching videos of it.

I would say that depending on the time of year that you are going, 2 days might be enough. DL is very similar to WDW, but it is smaller & easier to get around the park. Since many of the rides are similar, you already know which rides are your favorites and which you could skip (if you needed to). You want to leave some time for Toontown since it is VERY different and has the Roger Rabbit ride, which tends to have a longer line. Also, Indiana Jones is a MUST DO, and that can get long too. At least IJ has Fastpass and is next door to other rides that usually have a shorter line (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc) so you could pass the time doing those other rides.

In my opinion, DCA has been a 1 day park in the past. They have a lot of the big rides like ToT, Soarin', TSM, California Screamin', but we always seem to leave and feel like we got everything done in one day... Now that they have added Little Mermaid ride and World of Color night time show, it may add more to the day than before. The areas like Bugs Land and the playground area add time too.

If you are going during the high season, you might want to add one more day, just due to the lines and whether you want to commando style the parks or really slow down and take in all of the differences.

Thanks for the advice so far! Like I said, it's still far ahead in the future and we are going through some other adjustments at home, so once the dust has settled, I think we will start talking more seriously about the trip. It would be in March, so I am hoping not too crowded? I am hoping it wouldn't coincide with too many spring breaks.

I don't think we'll do anything to commando style, and just wander around. The biggest factor may be in if our little one wants to meet all the characters again. We've been so lucky and spoiled recently with all of our trips to Disney World, that this may be a change for us to spend only a couple of days at DL. We are also looking into driving down the coast towards San Diego (we both love it there) so that also cuts into the time. So much thinking still! I'm sure I'll be bugging you again in the future.;)

By the way, love that you have a countdown for the day that you book your vacation!

August is when the new rates come out.. We are planning on going to WDW the end of Feb and having a ticker that says 3 months is alot better than one that says 8months :rotfl2:

August is when the new rates come out.. We are planning on going to WDW the end of Feb and having a ticker that says 3 months is alot better than one that says 8months :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 whatever makes us happy, right? Plus, it will be that much more exciting to change over a ticker from planning to book a trip to a ticker that countdowns the days until you leave!

We woke up ready to go Friday morning! We had a dinner ADR that night so we grabbed a quick breakfast at the food court in POR – Boatwright’s. There were some pretty good choices for food there, which made us happy. We’ve always been happy with the selection at Pop, and as much as we loved staying at the Beach Club, we found their food selection to be lacking (for counter service meals). I don’t have many food pics for this TR (sorry, wasn’t planning on writing the TR) but I think we just grabbed a breakfast platter and a muffin to share between us.

Soon, we were on our way to the Animal Kingdom! Once again, we didn’t have a set plan, but we were hoping to catch the Finding Nemo show, go on a safari, check out Rafiki’s Planet Watch, and walk some trails. Of course, our little one also had character meetings in mind, and it wasn’t long before her little eagle eyes spotted some new friends.

ry%3D400

There was barely a line for Lilo and Stitch since it was still early. She never got a chance to meet Lilo our last trip, so she was excited to see her so early in this trip. One of the meals she was most looking forward to was breakfast with these two.

ry%3D400

I love how little she looks next to the two of them!

ry%3D400

And happy as a clam, once again.

ry%3D400

We said “aloha” to our friends and continued on our way. We stopped pretty soon to say hello to some friends we passed. I think they were going on a nature hike.

ry%3D400

Donald decided to go fishing the “human” way, but looks like he didn’t exactly catch a fish.

ry%3D400

Someone else seems to have found fishing a bit boring for his taste.

ry%3D400

At this point, I am a bit hazy on what we actually did as I didn’t write anything down. I am pretty much going by memory and photos. But I do remember we walked through a gift shop and someone decided she was ready to spend her little Minnie Mouse gift card. It was only our second day so we were a bit hesitant to get her something so early on in case she found something better later on. And really, she’s a toddler so you know that within minutes she is likely to find something better and more exciting. However, she was adamant.

ry%3D400

And so Annie got a new friend in baby Simba, who to this day, hangs out with Annie in her bed at home (and goes on stroller rides together, picnics, tea parties……)so I guess it ended up being a good purchase. And what did our little one want to do with her new friend? Apparently we were going to be taking baby Simba to look for his mommy and daddy on a safari adventure.

I know everyone posts tons of pics on this safari ride and for some reason, I always feel the need to snap tons of pictures myself. But I won’t put them all on here. I do have to say though, that there are definitely more animals out and about when it’s not a blistering hot day and it is so much more comfortable to be in that vehicle when you are not dripping sweat.

I do still enjoy the hippos,

ry%3D400

the giraffes,

ry%3D400

and the elephants.

ry%3D400

Especially the baby elephant!!!!

ry%3D400

Of course I also adore the flamingos as they are my favorite color and have that fantastic ability to stand on one skinny little leg.

ry%3D400

Then we got lucky – baby Simba’s daddy was up and about! A rare sight for us on our adventures as he always seems to be asleep when we do the trek.

ry%3D400

So I would have to conclude that the trip was a success! Lot’s of animal sightings and baby Simba saw his father.

During our park wanderings we came across a PP photographer, so we figured it would be a great time to take a family picture.

ry%3D400

When I got home, I was excited to see some fun little Animal Kingdom borders. It’s usually so hot when we are at AK, that we barely get any pics there, so I never get a chance to use these fun borders.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I love how lush and green the area looks.

ry%3D400

Doesn’t it just look tropical?

ry%3D400

Then we got a nice little surprise. The photographer asked our little girl to stand off to the side and pose for her own special little picture.

ry%3D400

coming up: more character greetings, of course

How sweet is that last picture!!
We have been taking our daughter since she was barely one. True, she may not remember any of it, but we will!!
And we have years of adorable pictures!

The magic picture is so adorable! :cutie:

I completely understand why the little one had to have that Simba. I look at those babies on every trip and wish I had someone to buy it for, so I understand the attraction :laughing:

How sweet is that last picture!!
We have been taking our daughter since she was barely one. True, she may not remember any of it, but we will!!
And we have years of adorable pictures!

Thank you, I love it too! I'm glad that you know what I mean. She seems to remember certain parts of the trips and I'm sure she remembers that special feeling of being there. Plus to me, all of the memories have been worth it. :goodvibes

The magic picture is so adorable! :cutie:

I completely understand why the little one had to have that Simba. I look at those babies on every trip and wish I had someone to buy it for, so I understand the attraction :laughing:

Thanks! She was so excited when she saw it later with tinkerbell there. She kept telling me that Tinkerbell is really light.

She actually already has a baby Minnie at home that someone got us when I was pregnant. So I was kind of hoping for a different souvenir for her trip. Then I tried to convince her to get the baby Boo or baby Dumbo instead, but she had her heart set on baby Simba. and the cast member was not helping, he was just egging her on. :rotfl:

Aw! I love that pic of your little girl holding Lilo & Stitch's hands. They look like the best of friends. Like you said, I love how little she looks in-between them! :cutie:

Wow, you got lucky with Simba's Daddy up walking around! From now on, I'm always going to think of you at this part of the Safari!! And don't think I'll forget, because I remember everything! :)

I sure hope you guys got to do some of the trails.

How perfect baby Simba ended up getting to "see" his father! Aww I can tell from the pictures your little one loved Simba already by the way she was holding him. :cutie:

Wow, you are getting so many great shots with your little girl and the characters. I agree, she looks so tiny! And she made Lilo & Stitch look like giants :rotfl:

That's too cute how quickly she grew attached to the Baby Simba

I love the photopass pics, especially the last one...she looks adorable:goodvibes

That baby simba is adorable. No wonder your little one wanted it so badly. So cute.

Great photopass pix of the three of you!

I can't believe you got the Lion standing up. :thumbsup2 I am lucky if I see the Lion's head let alone the whole lion on all four feet. Score!

The picture of her with Tinkerbell is sooo cute:cutie:
Of course, all the others are good too:)
I agree with the other posters about the lion. I don't think I have ever seen him standing, he is always lying down. I've even started joking that he is a big stuffed animal - lol.

Aw! I love that pic of your little girl holding Lilo & Stitch's hands. They look like the best of friends. Like you said, I love how little she looks in-between them! :cutie:

Wow, you got lucky with Simba's Daddy up walking around! From now on, I'm always going to think of you at this part of the Safari!! And don't think I'll forget, because I remember everything! :)

I sure hope you guys got to do some of the trails.

Thanks - I just thinks she looks so cute between them.

We got so lucky with the big lion walking around! I usually can barely just make out the top of his head while he's lounging around or sleeping. I'm honored that you'll think of us (or probably my little one asking to see baby Simba's daddy) on a trip. I kept flashing back to you and your little guy or thinking about how much you would appreciate certain moments at Disney.

We got to do the Pangani trail our last trip, so I was hoping to see the other trail this trip. We'll see if we make it or not....

How perfect baby Simba ended up getting to "see" his father! Aww I can tell from the pictures your little one loved Simba already by the way she was holding him. :cutie:

Wow, you are getting so many great shots with your little girl and the characters. I agree, she looks so tiny! And she made Lilo & Stitch look like giants :rotfl:

I was so glad that he was up and walking around! She would have been disappointed not to find his daddy on the ride. She loves baby Simba. He will continue to pop up in the TR.

Trust me, I have many, many more character shots to come. I thought we had seen a lot of characters last trip, but we definitely surpassed that this time around. I love Lilo and Stitch together, so I was happy to get that shot.

That's too cute how quickly she grew attached to the Baby Simba

I love the photopass pics, especially the last one...she looks adorable:goodvibes

She did have an instant love for baby Simba, same as with Annie. Thank you! She was happy to hold Tinkerbell.

That baby simba is adorable. No wonder your little one wanted it so badly. So cute.

Great photopass pix of the three of you!

I can't believe you got the Lion standing up. :thumbsup2 I am lucky if I see the Lion's head let alone the whole lion on all four feet. Score!

I think all the little baby stuffed animals are cute. I think she had seen someone carrying baby Simba the day before and decided she wanted one.

Thanks! We had preordered a photopass cd so I wanted to get as many as I could on there. My family just doesn't always humor me. ;)

I know, we got so lucky with the lion being up and about! It must have been the cooler weather in February. :confused3

The picture of her with Tinkerbell is sooo cute:cutie:
Of course, all the others are good too:)
I agree with the other posters about the lion. I don't think I have ever seen him standing, he is always lying down. I've even started joking that he is a big stuffed animal - lol.

I was so excited for the Tinkerbell pic. We've gotten one of her holding Tink on the past two trips, but I've usually had to ask for it. So I was excited to get this one out of the blue.

I know, so lucky that the lion was up and about! And it wasn't even that early in the morning.

Great Princess pictures!

That's a long day you had at MK! Your dd was a trooper

you saw quite a few animals on the safari!

Great Princess pictures!

That's a long day you had at MK! Your dd was a trooper

you saw quite a few animals on the safari!

Thank you! :goodvibes

It actually actually wasn't that long of a day since the parks closed relatively early that week. I think the Main Street Electrical parade was at 7pm and Wishes at 8pm.

We definitely saw a bunch of animals out and about this time around. The weather was cooler in Feb - around 50/60s during the day so maybe that had something to do with it? :confused3 I had a bunch more pictures, but didn't want to bore people with them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter