We're off tomorrow!

We have only been to Mimi's Millenia once(evening meal) service was slow so we always use one at the Loop now, even at peak times like Easter we have never seen it busy here.

You are doing way better than me with the coupons,:thumbsup2 I was so busy with work before our Easter trip I never got around to sorting any. Karen got the Birthday cake and song last May when it was her Birthday:rotfl:

Have fun shopping.:goodvibes

i'm enjoying your live trip report!!!

you're doing some really interesting things...

i look forward to your pictures when you get back home!! :goodvibes

Anothet great day! Can I ask how long it took you to drive to St Augustine, as that's something we would like to do? Thanks

Hi -it took us about two hours. We drove along the I4, the I95 and then the last part took us on Route 1 into the town.

You are doing way better than me with the coupons,:thumbsup2 I was so busy with work before our Easter trip I never got around to sorting any. Karen got the Birthday cake and song last May when it was her Birthday:rotfl:

Have fun shopping.:goodvibes

DH deserves all the credit for the restaurant coupons! I have sorted ones for the shopping though!

Will let you all know if we get any bargains!

Really enjoying reading about your holiday:thumbsup2

Sounds like your having a lovely time:hug:

Just a quick update tonight as it's getting late and we are getting up early tomorrow to go to Busch Gardens.

We went to Clermont this morning. Had breakfast at Denny's - both chose exactly the same as we'd had the other day. Getting very predictable.

Clermont was easy to get to. We followed signs for the historic downtown area and parked up near the lakefront. It was very peaceful and pleasant with few people around. It reminded us a little of Lake Wales which we visited a few years ago. We walked down the fishing pier and two lovely ladies who were out for their power walk offered to take a photo of the two of us together. Almost everyone we passed smiled and said 'good morning'. The historic downtown area itself is little more then a few blocks. It was hadly bustling -but I imagine that it gets quite busy with fishermen and water sports devotees at weekends. There are a couple of old houses on the waterfront that we noticed are open for guided tours at weekends.

We left after less than a couple of hours - as we'd seen as much as we were able to.

This afternoon we did some shopping. Florida Mall first - for some Bare Escentuals makeup and some Yankee Candles. Never had any Yankee Candles before but so many people on the DIS can't be wrong, can they!

Then it was to Prime Outlets for some Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts and undies for DS and some Calvin Klein undies for him too. Got some good prices at the RL shop via the Prime Outlet 'membership' extra discounts.

Called in to Festival Bay to see if it was any busier - it's not. DH likes to wander round the Bass Pro shop and Ron John's - but we didn't buy anything today.

Will go back to Premium outlet next week for the rest of the shopping.

At tonight in Sweet Tomatoes again - DH had got another coupon! Fortunately no-one came to sing at our table though tonight. The cashier must have recognised him as a coupon fiend and gave him two coupons for free breakfasts!

Weather looks like it should be ok to risk BG tomorrow. Shuttle launch is confirmed (as far as it can be at this stage) for next Friday - our last full day - so hopefully we'll get to see it.

Shattered now - off to bed!

Fingers crossed the shuttle goes as planned.
Seen 2 from Titusville and one while on the Disney Magic last August but a few miles away. All great to see.

I love reading about other parts of Florida that other people visit - can add them to my list (just never seem to get round to going:rolleyes1) - although we did go on the boat trip at Winter Park last time.

Hope you get to BG :)

Just a quick update tonight as it's getting late and we are getting up early tomorrow to go to Busch Gardens.

We went to Clermont this morning. Had breakfast at Denny's - both chose exactly the same as we'd had the other day. Getting very predictable.

Clermont was easy to get to. We followed signs for the historic downtown area and parked up near the lakefront. It was very peaceful and pleasant with few people around. It reminded us a little of Lake Wales which we visited a few years ago. We walked down the fishing pier and two lovely ladies who were out for their power walk offered to take a photo of the two of us together. Almost everyone we passed smiled and said 'good morning'. The historic downtown area itself is little more then a few blocks. It was hadly bustling -but I imagine that it gets quite busy with fishermen and water sports devotees at weekends. There are a couple of old houses on the waterfront that we noticed are open for guided tours at weekends.

We left after less than a couple of hours - as we'd seen as much as we were able to.

This afternoon we did some shopping. Florida Mall first - for some Bare Escentuals makeup and some Yankee Candles. Never had any Yankee Candles before but so many people on the DIS can't be wrong, can they!

Then it was to Prime Outlets for some Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts and undies for DS and some Calvin Klein undies for him too. Got some good prices at the RL shop via the Prime Outlet 'membership' extra discounts.

Called in to Festival Bay to see if it was any busier - it's not. DH likes to wander round the Bass Pro shop and Ron John's - but we didn't buy anything today.

Will go back to Premium outlet next week for the rest of the shopping.

At tonight in Sweet Tomatoes again - DH had got another coupon! Fortunately no-one came to sing at our table though tonight. The cashier must have recognised him as a coupon fiend and gave him two coupons for free breakfasts!

Weather looks like it should be ok to risk BG tomorrow. Shuttle launch is confirmed (as far as it can be at this stage) for next Friday - our last full day - so hopefully we'll get to see it.

Shattered now - off to bed!

i love wandering around the bass pro shop.......though i only usually buy a gag tshirt..nothing big..

how do you get membership in the prime outlets?

and where do you get coupons for sweet tomatoes? i can't wait to eat there in june - never been to the one in LBV....DD and i ate at the one on I-drive almost every day the last time we were at WDW together..

as for Denny's - haven't eaten at the one in orlando, but 3 years ago when i was with DD on her round of auditions, we found ourselves in Austin Texas....there was a denny's in the parking lot of the doubletree inn there...
since we arrived late at night, we went over there to eat....we really enjoyed it....or else we were hungry....but no, we ate there again the next day and enjoyed it just as much the second time.....

We did that trip a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Keep meaning to go back but then find other new things to do!

Made it to BG today.

Had a light breakfast at the townhouse today after getting up early and checking the election results (or lack of!). Got to BG about 9:30 to find all lanes into the car parks backed up. The park opened at 9:30 and we don't think they were allowing anyone onto the carparks early like they used to.

Parked the closest we had ever been to the tram.

To be honest, we were rather disappointed with BG this time. It felt like they had cut back quite a bit on staff .e.g some of the toilets were not kept as clean as we'd seen in the past. Some of the attractions were closed, due to maintenance (the railway and one of the coasters). We were also very sad to see that Rhino Rally is now merely a shadow of its former self, the water part of the ride now having been removed. The Clydesdale horses have also gone from here, as they seem to have done from Sea World.

There were absolutely hoards of kids there on school trips. Not sure if this was due to it being a Friday. We've made a mental note to only visit at weekends from now on. We queued for the Gwazi wooden coaster - and the noise from the schoolkids was deafening! We're getting less tolerant as we get older, I think! ;)

Got stuck in a traffic jam on the way back. There'd been a few minor crashes. We had planned to go to Manny's again but it was almost 7:00 pm by the time we got there and the wait was 60 mins for a table. However, as we were prepared to sit out on the front porch, we got served straightaway. Had exactly the same as we'd had on the last visit - same high standard too.
They know exactly what their customers want and give it to them, consistently well and at a good price.

Both feeling a bit tired tonight. We've never been here before after 5th May and are definitely feeling the difference in temperature to our usual late March/April dates.

I think it's going to be EPCOT tomorrow - our first (and probably only) Disney park this trip.

If back in time, will post another update tomorrow night.

We've still never been to BG in all of our trips there so it was interesting to read your report.
Hope you enjoy Epcot today.

the clydesdales were removed because Anheuser-Busch no longer owns busch gardens...(i think it was even part of the deal - they were required to remove the horses)

We've still never been to BG in all of our trips there so it was interesting to read your report.
Hope you enjoy Epcot today.

You know Kenny, BG is our favorite park :thumbsup2

But, as a frequent October visitor its surprising how much of a different take certain element can have, ie October Low crowds, great climate etc etc...

Maybe the park was just having an "off" day :confused3

By the way, I am loving your trip report, thank you so much for taking the time to post. Its great to read about other aspects of Florida and not just the usual parks. :)

Change of plan again today. Decided to go to Cocoa Beach instead of EPCOT, which we'll do next week.

Had breakfast at Cracker Barrel - Momma's Pancakes with Cherry topping (and the obligatory eggs and sausage!). Bought some birthday cards and Yankee Candles too while we were there.

Made a slight detour to check out the Space Park at Titusville so we know where to go on Friday for the launch, then parked up near Cocoa Beach pier. Went onto the fishing pier and to the Mai Tiki Bar - one of my favourite spots to relax (and to have a Margharita ;) )

Did a bit of sunbathing - going for a cooling dip every now and then - and then one last drink on the pier again. The pelicans were very tame - taking fish from the hand of one the young lads fishing there. Got a couple of photos - will post some of my photos on this thread when we get home to UK.

Were going to eat at Texas Roadhouse on John Young Parkway when we got back, but it's gone! Just a For Sale sign up outside the building. Went to Chili's at the Loop instead. Never been to a Chili's before, so we weren't sure what to choose (although we had already decided to go for Wayne's recommendation of the White Chocolate Molten Cake for dessert). We opted for burgers, but are interested to know what anyone else recommends there.

Going to Lakeridge Winery tomorrow. They have a 'Jazz on the Vineyard Green' event this weekend. We've been to a Blues event there a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. It's very relaxed, sitting in deckchairs under the trees, listening to the music and people-watching.

Sounds like a great day - totally different to the usual hustle and bustle of the parks. And a good move checking out your shuttle viewing spot beforehand :thumbsup2
Enjoy the festival

Were going to eat at Texas Roadhouse on John Young Parkway when we got back, but it's gone! Just a For Sale sign up outside the building. Went to Chili's at the Loop instead. Never been to a Chili's before, so we weren't sure what to choose (although we had already decided to go for Wayne's recommendation of the White Chocolate Molten Cake for dessert). We opted for burgers, but are interested to know what anyone else recommends there.

Shame about the Texas Roadhouse as we enjoyed a meal here last summer :goodvibes

Sounds like you are having a great trip. Looking forward to hearing about your Space Shuttle launch :)

Are there still a lot of shops closed in Festival Bay? DH likes Bass Pro sports too but there didn't seem to be much else there. Glad that you are having fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter