We're off tomorrow!

Today has been our last full day here in Orlando and we managed to get to see the shuttle launch.

Early breakfast at Bob Evans - usual eggs, sausage and pancakes for DH, but I had french toast instead of the pancakes today. We set off at about 9:00 am for Titusville - but the traffic was really heavy just about all the way. We parked up in Titusville at about 1:15 pm! The crowds were unbelievable!

Managed to find a spot to watch just by the new bridge that's being built. Launch was on-time, spectacular to watch. As there were so many people and cars around, we decided to stay around in Titusville for about 90 mins while the worst of the traffic left. Massive queues for the Ladies'! :eek:

Journey back took about two hours - traffic was still quite heavy.

As we were both quite hungry (as usual we had not had anything since breakfast), we opted to go to Sweet Tomatoes again. (No BOGOF this time Wayne ,though ;) )

Our flight to Philly is at 3:00 pm tomorrow, and the flight out of there to Manchester is at about 8:30 pm.

Not exactly looking forward to going home. Had a fantastic time again, as always, and already have a list of things to do next year!

Been great following your trip, thank you.
Have a safe journey home.:goodvibes

Have a safe journey home.

Thank you so much for posting during your trip, its been an enjoyable read :thumbsup2

This afternoon we did some shopping. Florida Mall first - for some Bare Escentuals makeup and some Yankee Candles. Never had any Yankee Candles before but so many people on the DIS can't be wrong, can they!

Called in to Festival Bay to see if it was any busier - it's not. DH likes to wander round the Bass Pro shop and Ron John's - but we didn't buy anything today.

Shattered now - off to bed!

Firstly I hope you are having a great time despite the leg issues!! I know this is very random - but I have a couple of little questions:

1. How expensive were the Yankee Candles? Ie large candle, air fresheners etc

2. Did the Ron Jon Surf Shop have home decor items?? If so was there a lot of home stuff??

I would really appreciate if you can offer any up to date info!!! We are off next week! :)

Enjoy Orlando!!!

Wow - how quickly it's gone. The shuttle launch must have been a sight to see :)

Have a safe journey home :thumbsup2

Just a quick post saying that we are back home.

Will post more later - and some pictures in a day or two.

Thanks for the messages from everyone. Glad you enjoyed the live reports. It was fun to do and great to see the responses.

Now - where's that washing machine? And do I really have to go back to working for a living tomorrow??? :sad2:

1. How expensive were the Yankee Candles? Ie large candle, air fresheners etc

2. Did the Ron Jon Surf Shop have home decor items?? If so was there a lot of home stuff??

I would really appreciate if you can offer any up to date info!!! We are off next week! :)

Hi. I'm new to Yankee Candles and so I just bought several votives - $1.99 each from the Florida Mall. I then bought some small jar candles - 3 in a set for $19.99 - from Cracker Barrel. I can't really remember the prices for the rest of the items they had. Sorry!

:idea: Perhaps the Yankee Candle website prices are similar to those in the shop???

I don't recall seeing any home decor items at the Ron John's at Festival Bay, but I wasn't really looking too closely. However, I have seen their home decor stuff at their Cocoa Beach shop on previous trips.

Afraid I haven't helped you much, have I?

OMG, you are back at work tomorrow!!! I don't envy you that, I'm always really jetlagged for a couple of weeks when we get back, then again, I'm getting old ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that work goes quickly :hug:

OMG, you are back at work tomorrow!!! I don't envy you that, I'm always really jetlagged for a couple of weeks when we get back, then again, I'm getting old ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that work goes quickly :hug:

We always go back to work/school next day. Easter was the 1st time for years we planned to land back on Saturday and have Sunday at home. With Volcano and 4 day delay it didn't go to plan, got in the house about 1am, up for work at 5am after a 31 hour journey home:goodvibes

Wayne, you are a machine!!!! :rotfl: I'm such a baby, we are only going for a week at Xmas because I couldn't face going to work the day after we landed :blush:

I have just been catching up with this and would also like to say thanks for taking the time during your holiday to keep us all updated :thumbsup2

It's been great reading all about it and I would love to see some pics now :goodvibes

Well - I survived my first day back! Just about.

I had decided to work from home - but DH was getting up at 6:00 am to go into work. When the alarm went off at 6:00 am I felt awful!! But I forced myself out of bed before 6:30 am and was checking my hundreds of unread emails not long after 7:00 am. :surfweb: As there was nothing that couldn't wait till 9:00 am, I went to the gym. :banana: I had to force myself - and it was hard work - but I felt much better after I'd been. :goodvibes

The day went pretty quickly and I'm going to work from home again tomorrow but will be going to work in our Leeds office on Weds and Thurs, so am hoping the tiredness will have eased off by then.

I plan to try to upload some photos later.

The first piccies!

P1010007.jpg

Our guide at the St Augustine jail

P5050047.jpg

The oldest wooden schoolhouse in the US

P5050085.jpg

Car looks great, we are considering a trip to St Augustine in August now.:goodvibes

Gator with catfish lunch at Dora Canal (to left of centre of photo)
P1010020.jpg

Historic Downtown area - Clermont
P5060111.jpg

One of the regulars at Cocoa Beach pier
P5080115.jpg

I've just read the whole thing from start to finish - didn't realise it was a live trip report :o. We also enjoy getting off the beaten track (or so I thought until I read this - you're much more adventurous than we've ever been). I'm going to save the link so that I can review it before our next trip. I'd love to see lots more photos when you've got time.

Really enjoyed your report!! Can I ask how long the drive to St Augustines was? That's something we are considering! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter