WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch your park reservation to the park you want advance DAS selections for, then switch it right back.
People have reported they were told if they changed their Park Reservation, the DAS Advance Selections for the original park would be cancelled - there is no longer a Park Reservation to associate the selection to.

Does anyone know if there’s a downside to having the advance reservations? I know they can’t be changed but if we make one then can’t use it? Let’s say my son can’t manage Ride X (our reservation) that day, so we try to get a same day return for Ride Y at that time, will our advance registration prevent that cause of the one return at a time rule?

Challenging day today, and I’m reminded that flexibility is the one necessity for us :)

Does anyone know if there’s a downside to having the advance reservations? I know they can’t be changed but if we make one then can’t use it? Let’s say my son can’t manage Ride X (our reservation) that day, so we try to get a same day return for Ride Y at that time, will our advance registration prevent that cause of the one return at a time rule?

Challenging day today, and I’m reminded that flexibility is the one necessity for us :)
There is no downside.
DAS Advance Selections have a one hour window for use. If you don’t use it, it just expires.
DAS Advance Selections (DAS-AS) are separate from DAS Return Times.
They don’t count toward as a DAS Return Time and you don’t need to the DAS -AS before making or using a DAS Return Time.

There is no downside.
DAS Advance Selections have a one hour window for use. If you don’t use it, it just expires.
DAS Advance Selections (DAS-AS) are separate from DAS Return Times.
They don’t count toward as a DAS Return Time and you don’t need to the DAS -AS before making or using a DAS Return Time.
Thank you! You are always so helpful

Looks like the DAS Website has been updated and it says that DAS Return Times can be selected using the MDE app now, which means it was part of the Disney Genie update for MDE today. Anyone in the parks today should be able to try it out!

There are no updates regarding being able to make DAS Advance Selections in the app like some CMs and others rumored may happen when Genie launches - still could be something forthcoming in the future maybe? But it seems as though chat with a CM is currently the only option.

Looks like the DAS Website has been updated and it says that DAS Return Times can be selected using the MDE app now, which means it was part of the Disney Genie update for MDE today. Anyone in the parks today should be able to try it out!

There are no updates regarding being able to make DAS Advance Selections in the app like some CMs and others rumored may happen when Genie launches - still could be something forthcoming in the future maybe? But it seems as though chat with a CM is currently the only option.
I doubt They would make choosing the DAS Advance Selections ever available in the app because that would involve putting access for guests with DAS to a ‘future time’ database into the app. The DAS Return Times are a current wait time database.

I doubt They would make choosing the DAS Advance Selections ever available in the app because that would involve putting access for guests with DAS to a ‘future time’ database into the app. The DAS Return Times are a current wait time database.

Thats the way Fastpass+ worked and it did allow you to make selections in the app. A CM on the Disabilities phone said she was pretty sure this change would happen - totally a rumor - and not saying it will happen, but I think it could if Disney wanted it to. It would shorten video chat hold times I think and for guests who are coming to Disney World more than once in the next 60 days it would mean you don't have to wait on hold again. Again - not saying it will happen, just was a rumor.

First post on this thread has been updated with new information and explanations

Thats the way Fastpass+ worked and it did allow you to make selections in the app. A CM on the Disabilities phone said she was pretty sure this change would happen - totally a rumor - and not saying it will happen, but I think it could if Disney wanted it to. It would shorten video chat hold times I think and for guests who are coming to Disney World more than once in the next 60 days it would mean you don't have to wait on hold again. Again - not saying it will happen, just was a rumor.
I can see it potentially being something with limited access -- only available once DAS is approved (within the 30-day window) and only available for a short period of time until your selections are made. I know some folks have reported success at calling/chatting to get changes or additional Advanced Selections made, but others have not; so that kind of access may not be offered via the app. ...Just my conjecture at this point...

Well, yes. That is the way Fastpass worked.
My family used Fastpasses both before and after they changed from paper to digital. The discontinued 3 Fastpasses that could be made in advance could also be changed up to the point of use. I just don’t see Disney giving uncontrolled use of that to guests.
I can see it potentially being something with limited access -- only available once DAS is approved (within the 30-day window) and only available for a short period of time until your selections are made. I know some folks have reported success at calling/chatting to get changes or additional Advanced Selections made, but others have not; so that kind of access may not be offered via the app. ...Just my conjecture at this point...
I agree with lanejudy.
The video registration has been active for less than a week and they have been making a lot of ongoing tweaks. I’m sure there will continue to be tweaks to the process. I just think any tweaks to the DAS Advance Selections will be more limited, like lanejudy suggests.

Does anyone know if the advanced selections would be changeable? If the day isn't going according to plan, like so often happens, can we modify one of those, or does if just fall off if not used?

Does anyone know if the advanced selections would be changeable? If the day isn't going according to plan, like so often happens, can we modify one of those, or does if just fall off if not used?

No, they are not able to be modified. This is why I don't see the point in them at all. Our days never go as planned.

Got on the web waiting for a chat at 7:30am, spoke to someone at approximately 10:30, was done in 5 minutes. Go ahead and have your selections for DAS Advance ready though, or you will have to Live chat with someone later. It took about 45 minutes to do the DAS Advance via Live Chat, because I opted not to do it on the camera with the person assisting me.

Got on the web waiting for a chat at 7:30am, spoke to someone at approximately 10:30, was done in 5 minutes. Go ahead and have your selections for DAS Advance ready though, or you will have to Live chat with someone later. It took about 45 minutes to do the DAS Advance via Live Chat, because I opted not to do it on the camera with the person assisting me.
Are you saying you were in the virtual queue for the video chat portion for 3 hours? I'm asking because I was transferred to that queue about two hours ago and was wondering if I'm stuck in limbo land again? I've been trying to set this up for days with many failed attempts. This is the first time I haven't yet received the connection unavailable message at the top of my screen so I'm hoping it works this time!

Everything we know says that they can’t be modified and will just expire if not used.
Reports also say that if the Park Reservation changes to a different park they will disappear (because they would no longer be ‘hooked’ to a Disney Park Reservatio).

Probably not day-of but you can definitely change them up to 2-days beforehand by chatting with a CM and asking them to change the time or ride (subject to availability). Like others have said you cannot modify them yourself - in MDE, they show up in your plans but you can only view them, you can't do anything else with them.

My Disney Experience app updates include basically all the disability information from the Disney website. To access it, tap the 3 lines on the menu bar at the bottom of the HOME page.
082EEFEE-9298-4E96-9496-9DD8BAF0090D.jpeg

From the next page, scroll down to ACCESSIBILITY

553BCAA4-11A1-48A8-A7C6-5A4B666F11BE.jpeg

There are information links that repeat what is on the Disney World website regarding disabilities. The info regarding Cognitive Disabilities appears to be expanded compared to what had been on the website.
The app includes a separate section about DAS
90E75C54-E521-4F4D-A183-9565040B79B7.jpeg

More updates to the My Disney Experience app.
In the DAS section, it includes the information about registering for DAS from the Disney website Disability section.
It has been updated to say that all park visits for guests doing video DAS registration must be within 2-30 days of the live chat.
It also includes a link to Disney website DAS video chat page. When tapped, that opened a new browser window on my iPad.

B646641C-7749-44A9-83B9-A227BFCB4EF9.jpeg

They also included an explanation of the virtual queue for Ratatouille, including a line for virtual queue sign up. That opened the Ratatouille page on the app. There is a link on that page to access the virtual queue - it didn’t open since I’m not in the park.
If in the park, it open ps to either give you a chance to sign up or a notice that the virtual queue is filled for the day.
6DAD63E8-F975-4576-BD5A-787A735A4282.jpeg

There is also an explanation of Same-Day DAS Return time thru the app, including instructions and a link for once you are in the park.
If you are a park and have DAS, the 3 line link from this page reportedly takes you to selection of a DAS Return Time.
6B9914B7-B59A-47C9-9462-37134F432AFE.jpeg

Thank you all so much for this thread. We will be coming in the spring and I have a question . DS9 is autistic but I’m a single
Mom of 4. How would this work? I already feel like the family splits a lot of the time of that makes sense , would just like to experience some things together as much as possible . Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter