WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all just a couple questions.

1. DAS is for my husband, he does not have his own MDE. I do all his planning under my MDE account. With new system do I need to create an account for him or can it be initiated through mine?

2. Have they been limiting DAS group to 6? We will have 7 on this trip and it will make a big difference on how I can plan days.
1. No need to set-up a new MDE. You should be able to continue managing his profile through your MDE.

2. One rumor of the DAS changes is that WDW will be very strict on the max 6. However I haven't read any reports yet of anyone asking for an exception for a larger party to know whether or not that will be true.

Our trip is 10/29-11/3. I have been trying for days to get through and finally did today. They would not let me register for the days in November. They said I have to go to guest services in person since we arrive before the 1st. I have wasted so much time waiting on this and I’m so frustrated I could cry. Knowing that this changed overnight just adds to my frustration.

What if you were not staying on site? Couldn't you just tell them you want to setup the advanced DAS for your Park Passes on 11/1, 11/2 and 11/3?

Our trip is 10/29-11/3. I have been trying for days to get through and finally did today. They would not let me register for the days in November. They said I have to go to guest services in person since we arrive before the 1st. I have wasted so much time waiting on this and I’m so frustrated I could cry. Knowing that this changed overnight just adds to my frustration.
I’m in this exact situation of an October arrival. This was my same response. I’m so disgusted with this whole thing. I’ve wasted so much time and energy on this. I also could cry. Maybe we can cry together :guilty:

Hi all just a couple questions.

1. DAS is for my husband, he does not have his own MDE. I do all his planning under my MDE account. With new system do I need to create an account for him or can it be initiated through mine?
He doesn’t need his own account. He just needs to be listed in your Friends and Family on MDE
2. Have they been limiting DAS group to 6? We will have 7 on this trip and it will make a big difference on how I can plan days.
The usual group is 6 total (5 plus the person with a disability). I have not seen anyone post about getting more than that on the video chat, but people could have without posting about it. It’s also possible they are limiting it to no more than 6. You won’t know unless you ask.
Anything more than 6 has always been an exception; the closer you we’re to 6, the more likely, especially if many are children. Even if approved, there may still be individual attractions with 6 as a limit.
We are still 3 weeks out from trip, so I am hoping the process and wait times get better over the next week. I don't see my husband taking the waiting hours portion very well for a video chat, trying for less stress anxiety triggers which exarcibate his other conditions. If the video queue stays like this, might just do it onsite as he is comfortable with that system. 2 set ahead passes are not that important we can still do day of and plan to pay for genie+ and/or ILL$ as needed.
Really, this is only day 3 since it became active, so things are likely to improve a lot in the next few days/week.
If the 2 DAS Advance Selections are not that important to you, you might be better off just doing it in the park. Another alternative would be for you to start the chat while he waits in another room, then get him when you need him.

I am waiting on chat right now coming up on 3 hours, but I think I am about ready to give up. I’m just chilling in my daughter’s room listening to Taylor Swift. When there were 3 free Fastpasse, we always booked them, but we often had to leave before using them. During our trip in June, we had to leave twice without using DAS Return Times. So, I’m not sure just how useful they will be,

What if you were not staying on site? Couldn't you just tell them you want to setup the advanced DAS for your Park Passes on 11/1, 11/2 and 11/3?
We are staying on site. I would imagine they can see your park reservations but I don’t know. We are at the Beach Club so I’m hoping we can get DAS set up at the international gateway the night before.

It’s not clear if they get registered for DAS and just we’re not able to set up the DAS Advance Selections. If DAS wasn’t set up, they will still need to go to Guest Relations to set it up to use on their days before 11/1.

We are staying on site. I would imagine they can see your park reservations but I don’t know. We are at the Beach Club so I’m hoping we can get DAS set up at the international gateway the night before.

Definitely seems unfair that if you were staying offsite or local you could get things added for 11/1 - 11/3, but because you're staying onsite you can't. Being penalized for paying Disney more to stay in their hotels doesn't seem right.

It’s not clear if they get registered for DAS and just we’re not able to set up the DAS Advance Selections. If DAS wasn’t set up, they will still need to go to Guest Relations to set it up to use on their days before 11/1.
We were not able to register for the DAS online and must go in person. If our trip started 11/1 w would have been able to register and make advance selections.

Definitely seems unfair that if you were staying offsite or local you could get things added for 11/1 - 11/3, but because you're staying onsite you can't. Being penalized for paying Disney more to stay in their hotels doesn't seem right.

If I didn’t have DVC points that would go into holding, I would consider shortenIng our reservation to Nov 1-9 and stay off site Oct 27-31, or maybe even not bother with Disney at all those days. This is so disheartening. Disney has always been my happy place but with everything going on, it’s just making me sad.

We were not able to register for the DAS online and must go in person. If our trip started 11/1 w would have been able to register and make advance selections.
Thanks for the clarification.
I was waiting on chat, but gave up after 3 hours plus. Our trip begins before 11/1, but I thought it was worth a try. We‘ve never had a problem registering our daughter in person. Although the DAS Advance Selections are nice, it‘s not worth it to me to waste any more time (I don’t count sitting on my daughter’s bed listening to Taylor Swift wasting time - LOL)

I've been following the discussion. It's pathetic and disgusting that Disney changed the policy or didn't release the Nov 1 policy immediately. People have been wasting 10-12 hours! Anyone who needs a DAS, already has enough other stressors in life - they don't need that kick in the face, too. I hope anyone affected is contacting Disney to complain.

We are due to travel 19th December - 4th January. I'm not sure at this point if we will be able to access the chat feature, and may have to use a VPN as the Disney site's don't like Brits accessing the site lol.
Is there any disadvantage to waiting until we are there to go and register for DAS (we have used it in the past)?

We are due to travel 19th December - 4th January. I'm not sure at this point if we will be able to access the chat feature, and may have to use a VPN as the Disney site's don't like Brits accessing the site lol.
Is there any disadvantage to waiting until we are there to go and register for DAS (we have used it in the past)?

You'll lose out on being able to book what essentially is two free Fastpasses for each day of your trip.

Ok thankyou.
So once we are there, we wouldn't be able to book 2 rides per day for all 14 days in one go after registering for the DAS?

No. The prebooking 2 rides per day (FP+ essentially) is only available for online registration. You'll still be able to use regular DAS though, where you get a return time based on the current standby.

Now we know why they're giving out two "freebies" for registering online 🤦

Anyways, so am I understanding correctly that we will be able to book DAS on our phone, so we no longer have to go to the ride? So I can enter the park at 9 am and immediately book a DAS time for 7D while we wait in line for something else?
Which brings up an interesting question, if resort guest get to start making their genie+ picks at 7am, isn’t there a chance that time slots will be all filled up by the time a DAS user wants to make selections? I hope they have allotted some time slots for the DAS users.

Which brings up an interesting question, if resort guest get to start making their genie+ picks at 7am, isn’t there a chance that time slots will be all filled up by the time a DAS user wants to make selections? I hope they have allotted some time slots for the DAS users.

My understanding is that day of DAS time returns aren't from the Genie+ pool. They are the same as they are now - a "place holder" in the standby line. A DAS-user can, of course, also make Genie+ selections but that is unrelated to their DAS and would follow the normal rules.

DAS does not give you Genie+. You get a “DAS return time” just as it has been for the past several years. You may opt to purchase Genie+ and/or ILL$ to use in addition to DAS, similar to how people used FP+ in the past.

And just to clarify… all guests have access to Genie+ starting at 7am each morning, not just onsite guests. Onsite guests have the advantage for the Individual $ LL selections.

We are looking into using DAS for our 3 adopted children with FASD. I don't have time to read all 13 pages here, but could someone tell me: what attractions are the advanced selections available for? All attractions, or are the "big two" for Individual lightning lane left off of this list?

What about same day DAS - again, is it for all rides, or are the big ones left off?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter