WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with lanejudy. That was my understanding from the beginning, so I didn’t even try to call in yet because some days of our stay are outside of the 30 day window.

I’ve seen at least one post on DIS and another somewhere else where they made the video call for a stay that began within the 2-30 days, but the days at the end of the trip were more than 30 days away.

They WERE able to register for DAS and it will be valid for their entire trip (DAS is valid for 60 days once registered).
They WERE able to book DAS Advanced Selections ONLY for the days that were 30 days or less away, but not for the farther away days.
:thanks:

So 3 hours 2 nights ago, 12 hours yesterday and 8 hours so far today. Today different tactic of using computer and phone - no idea if this will help by having 2 chats open or if it will make things worse and it bumped me to back of line when I opened 2nd chat like if it recognized account. I have no idea how this tech stuff works but I feel like I must be doing something wrong. I wish it showed that you chat was still active - no idea since they don't really say anything . yesterday I got 1 response in middle of the day that I could call back if i wanted to. Why cant they call us back or contact us? I don't know how people who work full time or kids aren't home are able to pull this off. I just hope my son listens to me when i tell him to hurry up and come near me. Also several times I noticed it says lost connection and then after a couple minutes connection restored. I hope this doesn't bump you to end of line. This is so crazy.

Now we know why they're giving out two "freebies" for registering online 🤦

Anyways, so am I understanding correctly that we will be able to book DAS on our phone, so we no longer have to go to the ride? So I can enter the park at 9 am and immediately book a DAS time for 7D while we wait in line for something else?

Now we know why they're giving out two "freebies" for registering online 🤦

Anyways, so am I understanding correctly that we will be able to book DAS on our phone, so we no longer have to go to the ride? So I can enter the park at 9 am and immediately book a DAS time for 7D while we wait in line for something else?
It’s not been announced for sure when being able to book DAS Return Times on the My Disney Experience will begin.
Earlier, people were reporting park and phone CMs had told them anywhere from October 19 thru the beginning of the year. Since Disney announced that Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane will roll out on October 19, it seems very likely DAS Return Time booking on the app will begin then too. But, it still just says « coming soon » so no one knows.

7D is one of the Individual Lightning Lane attractions. Disney has announced those will have either a Standby Queue or Virtual queue (used to be called Boarding Group) available, so no one will be forced to purchase Individual Lightning Lane to ride.
If it’s Standby Queue, you would just get a DAS Return Time as other attractions.
For those with Virtual queue, you first need to get a Virtual queue/Boarding Group. When that group is called, you would tell the CM at the entrance that you are using DAS and could enter with a shorter wait.
The only attraction currently using Virtual queue is Ratatouille, but Disney has indicated Virtual queues could be added or removed as needed (for example Rise of the Resistance had one until just recently).

9643CF11-598B-4B89-A661-2BFC9FFA90FB.jpeg

Re: video registration: If I’m on “hold” for several hours to register my son how does that work? He just has to be on call all day in case they reply? How long will they give me to go get him?

Re: video registration: If I’m on “hold” for several hours to register my son how does that work? He just has to be on call all day in case they reply? How long will they give me to go get him?
No one has really asked or answered that question yet.
My GUESS is that if he’s in the same building with you or in your yard, it won’t be a problem. I’m guessing they have already run into kids in the bathroom, napping or other ways of being busy.

This just came across my timeline .... so I went to the Disney site.

This might save folks some phone time if they are traveling in next couple weeks.

I would like to use Disability Access Service (DAS) during my upcoming visit. When can I begin online registration and planning with the DAS Advance option?

Eligible Guests visiting the parks on or after November 1, 2021 can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.

During the registration chat, you will be able to use the DAS Advance planning option to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences, for park visits beginning on or after November 1, 2021. Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

For Guests who plan to visit us before November 1, you may register in person at Guest Relations. DAS Advance selections will not be available for dates prior to November 1. On the day of your visit, you can visit an experience to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, or ask a Cast Member at any Guest Relations location to select a return time for you.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/guests-with-disabilities/planning-for-das-advance/

The November 1st date is also on the WDW DAS information page as well:

Important Pre-Registration and DAS Advance Planning Update
Eligible Guests visiting the parks on or after November 1, 2021 can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.
During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat. Learn more about planning with DAS Advance.

What if Nov 1 is in the middle of our trip? Can we preregister for Nov 1 forward? Will we then still be able to register in person for the days before Nov 1 or is it one or the other? Our dates are Oct 27-Nov 9. I hadn’t even tried yet as I work and don’t have time to wait all day on hold.

What if Nov 1 is in the middle of our trip? Can we preregister for Nov 1 forward? Will we then still be able to register in person for the days before Nov 1 or is it one or the other? Our dates are Oct 27-Nov 9. I hadn’t even tried yet as I work and don’t have time to wait all day on hold.
Since your trip extends past Nov. 1st, I would think you can preregister now for your full trip however you won't be able to schedule Advanced Selections for the days prior to Nov. 1st.

So I can enter the park at 9 am and immediately book a DAS time for 7D while we wait in line for something else?

Not sure how true it is, but I read where a CM said the 2 rides per park that are individual pays would have to be added at the ride instead of on the app and that all other attractions could be done from the app. If that's true, you'd have to go to 7D to get that one.

Since your trip extends past Nov. 1st, I would think you can preregister now for your full trip however you won't be able to schedule Advanced Selections for the days prior to Nov. 1st.

Thank you that is what I am hoping for. If I can find time to try to preregister, I’ll make sure to report back. I may try Sat or Sun.

That is my thought too. I guess we find out tomorrow.

That is my thought too. I guess we find out tomorrow.
Our trip is 10/29-11/3. I have been trying for days to get through and finally did today. They would not let me register for the days in November. They said I have to go to guest services in person since we arrive before the 1st. I have wasted so much time waiting on this and I’m so frustrated I could cry. Knowing that this changed overnight just adds to my frustration.

Our trip is 10/29-11/3. I have been trying for days to get through and finally did today. They would not let me register for the days in November. They said I have to go to guest services in person since we arrive before the 1st. I have wasted so much time waiting on this and I’m so frustrated I could cry. Knowing that this changed overnight just adds to my frustration.
That really isn’t fair. If you were a local guest with park visits before and after November 1, I assume it would let you do it.

My GUESS is that their system won’t let them go on further of the visit start date is before November 1. If that is the case, there should be a screening question before getting into chat.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Hi all just a couple questions.

1. DAS is for my husband, he does not have his own MDE. I do all his planning under my MDE account. With new system do I need to create an account for him or can it be initiated through mine?

2. Have they been limiting DAS group to 6? We will have 7 on this trip and it will make a big difference on how I can plan days.

We are still 3 weeks out from trip, so I am hoping the process and wait times get better over the next week. I don't see my husband taking the waiting hours portion very well for a video chat, trying for less stress anxiety triggers which exarcibate his other conditions. If the video queue stays like this, might just do it onsite as he is comfortable with that system. 2 set ahead passes are not that important we can still do day of and plan to pay for genie+ and/or ILL$ as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter