WDW SNAKE BITE - pics of my son's "adventure

Thanks for sharing your story. So sorry that you and your poor little guy had to go through all of that!

Our DD's pacifier fell from our 2nd floor balcony at SSR and I walked around the building and through the grass to pick it up out of the bushes - never, EVER thinking that a snake could have been around...and we had a room right on the lake :scared1: We don't have any venimous critters in our area so it's just not something that we think about. Your story has shown us just how careful we have to be when in unfamiliar surroundings.

aww poor guy!!! those darn snakes!! they saw they tend to lurk around any water/bay..it freaks me out!:eek:

im glad he's ok! :flower3:

YIKES!!! :scared1: I just showed this to my boys to make them aware. Thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad that all worked out well for your son!

First of all, I'm glad your son is ok. Thank you for posting this.

A couple of years ago we were at POR and the water was a little low, so alot of the cypress knees were exposed at the edge of the river. There were some kids playing on them (which is dangerous anyway, even without snakes!). Two men were sitting on the sidewalk. I assumed they were the dads. I said something to kids about watching out for snakes and the dads pretty much told me to mind my own business.

I live in Louisiana and it's pretty common for us to deal with these critters. I'm terrified of them, so I avoid all areas where they could be lurking. Maybe I shouldn't be telling other people's kids what to do, but it just really scared me that those kids were playing in such a dangerous place.

I'm so glad your son is okay. He's learned a lesson we will take serious. I live in KS and we have water moccasins here. FYI: I am scared to death of snakes and the clown slide at BW. :rotfl:

First, so glad your son is okay. Second, thank you for re-posting this as I missed it the first time around. It gives me something to think about and I'll surely mention it to my family. Better safe than sorry. And it's always good to be informed.

Last week we were at DHS and my son spotted a huge black racer snake by the cars out side Lights Motors Action. We told a CM and they reacted very fast one CM kept an eye on it and the other was on a emergency phone right away. That was freaking me out. Luckily it was about 3 hours before the show started.

Last week we were at DHS and my son spotted a huge black racer snake by the cars out side Lights Motors Action. We told a CM and they reacted very fast one CM kept an eye on it and the other was on a emergency phone right away. That was freaking me out. Luckily it was about 3 hours before the show started.

It's posts like this that keep me from moving to Orlando.

So glad your son is okay. It must have been horrifying.

DH and I are deathly afraid of snakes.

My oldest dd saw a water moccasin snake walking from BC to DHS. Luckily it wasn't close to her but it does remind us to watch our surroundings.

Your ds looks like a real trooper!

WOW!! Did you get a picture of that? :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. That really gave me a chuckle.

Thanks for re-posting. It really is important to remember, especially for those of us who don't experience "critters" in our own neighborhoods.

I live on the Jersey side of Philly. We get plenty of racoons, opossums (nasty creatures), plenty of squirrels (our squirrels are actually obese from the scraps they get out of our trash... they eat through the lids on our trash cans) and even bats but reptiles are absolutely foreign to us.

A few years ago, while at Fantasia Gardens, I went to retrieve my golf ball that wedged itself under a rock. As I bent over & reached down a snake lunged out at me. We learned our lesson then.... well, after everyone stopped laughing at me :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7

My oldest dd saw a water moccasin snake walking from BC to DHS.

WOW!! Did you get a picture of that? :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. That really gave me a chuckle.

I was wondering why it didn't take the boat. ;)

Thanks for the reminder. I live in an area with rattlers, cottonmouths, and copperheads, but you get into a resort with nice landscapping and pretty music and you forget that it's in the middle of a freakin marsh. The buildings may be disney but the wildlife is just that WILD!

Hello snakes, gators and aomeba Oh My!

Wow something you never think about is having to worry about snakes at Disney. I do understand that we are in Florida, but it's so easy to forget that there are dangers every where, yes even Disney.
The parks and resorts are so noisy, it's the last thing I would think a snake would go where the nosie is.

Thanks for sharing and reposting, I'm sure that you are helping us all remember to be careful while at Disney.

Thank goodness your son is okay.

Wow, what a terrible experience! Who knew this could happen at a Disney resort-- I know I never would have suspected it. Glad everyone is okay.

I am so glad your son is ok. The poor little guy. Thank you so much for reposting your story. I, too, missed it the first time. I wouldn't have thought twice about going into shrubbery in WDW. Thanks to your post, many will be much safer. Tell your son thanks for being our hero. :)

When we were at WL, a black snake quickly slithered through the pool water and then disappeared near the bridge. The pool was cleared in less than a minute, but I can see now, that anything could have happened. Not sure what kind of snake it was, but it was scary.

Thank you for posting and I am so glad your son was okay. I will be showing this post to my children before our trip. That is just so scary! :scared1:

First of all, I'm glad your son is ok. Thank you for posting this.

A couple of years ago we were at POR and the water was a little low, so alot of the cypress knees were exposed at the edge of the river. There were some kids playing on them (which is dangerous anyway, even without snakes!). Two men were sitting on the sidewalk. I assumed they were the dads. I said something to kids about watching out for snakes and the dads pretty much told me to mind my own business.

I live in Louisiana and it's pretty common for us to deal with these critters. I'm terrified of them, so I avoid all areas where they could be lurking. Maybe I shouldn't be telling other people's kids what to do, but it just really scared me that those kids were playing in such a dangerous place.
Nah, you did the right thing...some kids manage to make it to adulthood in spite of their parents, not because of them. There are some pretty stupid people out there. Just because the parents are itching for a Darwin award doesn't mean that the kids want one too(for those who don't know, Darwin awards are given to those who die doing something stupid).

And, God forbid, if something had happened to those kids,I'd bet money that the parents would be chomping at the bit to sue Disney.:rolleyes:

OP, glad your little boy is OK-what a brave kid!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter