WDW Servers average $76,000 per year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays news !

Occupations with the highest concentrations of jobs classified as "bad" in a recession:

Hosts and hostesses at restaurants, lounges and coffee shops, 87%
Counter attendants at cafeterias, food concessions and coffee shops, 87%
Ushers, lobby attendants and ticket takers, 85.4%
Fabric and apparel patternmakers, 82.2%
Lifeguards and other protective-service workers, 81.6%
Waiters and waitresses, 80.4%
Tour and travel guides, 79.4%
Models, demonstrators and product promoters, 79.2%
Dishwashers, 78.8%
Motion-picture projectionists, 78.1%

There are very few places where servers can make that kind of money, like Hoop De Doo, so that dollar number is very inflated. My husband and I both worked as full time servers at WDW for nine years and made about that - combined. If we had each made that much we would never had moved away. And I would still be able to go see Mickey any time I wanted:lovestruc

I would hope so. :) My response was meant to be funny. Probably wont be seen that way. ;)

If this post surprised so many people they'd be shocked to know what a stripper actually brings home! :scared1: LOL

Really? I didn't know Disney had those!!

Sorry, I might should have resisted this one, but it was way too easy.:cool2:

Yep, Chip or Dale, Goofey or Donald D. probably $8 max an hour. I don't think they get tips but they don't have to talk, just swelter in their costume.

My brother told me that when he spoke with the Chip, he told him they having a cooling system in them.

You sound like a very nice person and I hope we get you on our next vacation! Keep up the attitude you have going on here and YOU will be one of those full time servers that make that $76,000+ a year! If you go in and do your job well you get rewarded! Most people do tip 20% so a lot has to do with the server and how they treat their tables. Sounds like you know exactly what to do to make the best tip! :goodvibes

If you could work at any WDW restaurant which one would you choose? I am a little surprised that the ones bringing in the $76,000+ are the buffet servers. You'd think their averages would be the lowest judging from peoples view on buffet tipping. Personally I think they do just as much. Refilling the drinks and removing dirty dishes are the two things most important to me. :hug:

Thank you! I have become a seasonal server and I just got done working this week and now I won't be back until Halloween. If you come to the GFC then, look for me! :thumbsup2

If I could work at any restaurant I would probably choose Whispering Canyon just because I think it would be fun to get to yell and be goofy. I have to be more refined at my location.

The reason that the buffets make more money is that they are allowed more people in their sections and they can turn their tables quicker. They do still tip out their busser and I am pretty sure that the bussers most likely make more than I do! The servers there average around 10%.

I haven't read every post, but if they do make that than good for them! At first I was thinking, if that's true, I'm applying (I'm a part time waitress). However, after thinking about all of the stress they must have when getting people's checks together. (Ex. We want to only use 2 of our credits, or this couple isn't on the DDP, but we are) I can't stand when a group of 4 comes in and asks for separate checks, I can't imagine the pain in the neck problems that come from DDP! I do have to add that most waitresses/waiters do not work 8 hr. shifts. In restaurants, you typically get 4 tables during busy shifts and people linger for hours at times. Also factor in bad tipping. It's a tough job, satisfying everyone (not everyone is pleasant to servers!!) and being on your feet all day. Servers everywhere deserve to make good money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter