WDW in late August

blitzkrieg048

Bond...James Bond
Going down from 8/26-8/31. I heard the parks aren't that bad that week cuz kids are back to school. Is this actually true or am I going to sweat to death and fight the crowds. Only going to MK on monday 8/28. It's the only park we're doing.

Yes it will be hot and humid. We've been to WDW in August 3 times and we'll be going for a 4th time this year. My best advise is:

• [*]Stay hydrated! Drink lots of fluids because you'll be losing a lot of fluid through perspiration.
    [*]Tour the parks during the cooler hours. That means being there when they open and when they close. Break it up in between by going back to your resort for a swim or getting out of the heat and into a cool restaurant.
    [*]Eat light. A full stomach will only make you feel hotter.
    [*]Take it slow. No one does all of Disney in a single visit. There's just too much to see and do. Make a list of everyone's top three must-see attractions and make sure that you get to them.​

We love late August! Yes, it will be very hot and humid, but the lower crowd levels are worth it. The Dkids were completely spoiled because they didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes for any attraction. Get to the park early and try to get all your "musts" under your belt by lunchtime so that you feel less pressed or rushed in the worst heat of the day.

Since there is no EMH and its after the weekend when most will have left, it really should be a pretty good day to be there. Get there early, like the others have said, it gets brutal in the afternoon!

Always go in August....love it! It is true about the crowds...much less. :thumbsup2

FYI, not all kids are back in school by late August - ours never start until after Labor Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter