WDW Dolphin FAQ

disneygirl21

Mouseketeer
We might want to stay at the WDW Dolphin. Can anyone tell me how the service, food, rooms, convenience, and anything else about the resort is? It would really help us alot. There would be 4 people but two in one room (which means we'd have two rooms).

Thanks!

We spent a week at the Dolphin last month. It was a first rate hotel with great service, 17 restaurants, and an excellent location. You can take the friendship launches to Epcot and MGM, and avoid the buses. Or you can walk. The pool is very nice with water slide and waterfalls. The rooms are newly renovated on most floors now, and the beds are super comfortable. There are conventions going on sometimes, but you only see them in the lobby. The pool is very resort-feeling. I would go back in a second.

Mayday,

Does the sink area in the room have a door to close it off from the bed area? I'm staying two in a room in May and I'm the early riser. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to get up, dressed and out, without disturbing the sleeper

in mid-November and LOVED IT! We were concerned that it would not be like a "real" Disney resort but since we got the Teacher/Nurse discount and had some SPG points, we went with it. We were very surprised and pleased that it was as 'Disney' as any other real Disney resorts we had stayed at before and even more so than some! We got a renovated room with an awesome view of Epcot for Illuminations at night. The service was incredible and we got everything we asked for and than some. The location to Epcot and MGM can not be beat and the bus service was great. The renovated rooms with the Heavenly beds are super and the room size was larger than expected.

We ate at Tubbi's and the Fountain a few times and found the food to be very good with good service. The take out pizza from Tubbi's is excellent and a good value.

The pool area is very nice and you are so close to the Boardwalk. The launches to MGM and Epcot can take longer than walking but it is a nice change and greatly appreciated after a long day.

We usually like to stay at a new resort every visit to WDW but all agreed we would stay at the Dolphin again!

Enjoy!

Kapp

Originally posted by happycat
Mayday,

Does the sink area in the room have a door to close it off from the bed area? I'm staying two in a room in May and I'm the early riser. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to get up, dressed and out, without disturbing the sleeper
nope, no door to separate the sink from the rest of the room. It isn't right on top of the sleeping area, though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter