WDC delaying relocation of 2,000 CMs from SOCAL to Central FL

Any company on the face of the earth that would open business in the state of FL, when the State Government will punish you for having an opinion, i

I think I commiserate with ChipnDale79. Disney is a FL economic and employment powerhouse and shouldn't accept the Governor's retribution without reacting.
Not going to happen. Disney is going to stay out of the political fray going forward. A wise man once said, a good businessman doesn't alienate half of their customers. With the stock now in the tank, Chapek is the one on the hot seat.

Not going to happen. Disney is going to stay out of the political fray going forward. A wise man once said, a good businessman doesn't alienate half of their customers. With the stock now in the tank, Chapek is the one on the hot seat.

Have you seen the crowds at Disney World this summer? No one cares about Disney’s political statements and they surely haven’t alienated half their audience.

The Walt Disney Company will continue to be involved in any political activity going forward that effects their business (or employees) just like every other major corporation in the United States.

People forget Disney got access to a large, low interest line of credit during the beginning of the pandemic. All the Reedy Creek conflict did was force Disney to pause investments inside the state of Florida. We will find out at D23 if or where they’re going to refocus those dollars. I’d guess Disneyland, but I guess we’ll see.

Have you seen the crowds at Disney World this summer? No one cares about Disney’s political statements and they surely haven’t alienated half their audience.

The Walt Disney Company will continue to be involved in any political activity going forward that effects their business (or employees) just like every other major corporation in the United States.

People forget Disney got access to a large, low interest line of credit during the beginning of the pandemic. All the Reedy Creek conflict did was force Disney to pause investments inside the state of Florida. We will find out at D23 if or where they’re going to refocus those dollars. I’d guess Disneyland, but I guess we’ll see.
Yes, Disney got a 5 Billion line of credit from Citi Bank. This was for 1-year and has been repaid. It was not guaranteed by the government. Disney is flush with cash by not paying a dividend. Disney paused projects because of Covid. Mickey Mouse is copyrighted. It should have expired many years ago. It continues to receive an extension by Congress. This is because of massive lobbying by WDW. There is overwhelming Republican support. In light of Disney entering politics, some of this support is eroding. Losing the rights to MM would be devastating. Have you read the Florida law? A law that has overwhelming support and is even supported by democrats. Most people have not. They simply regurgitate the lefts talking points.

its interesting that people seem to think that disney stock prices are because of what has happened in FL, in reality, its the market..look at other stocks.

it aint just disney.....

its interesting that people seem to think that disney stock prices are because of what has happened in FL, in reality, its the market..look at other stocks.

it aint just disney.....
this narrative was convenient..... blaming the fall of Disney stock prices on the fall out from the company's statements regarding from the Parental bill... supporters seem to almost relish the idea that WDW was being punished for being too 'woke'. At this point, looking at the current state of stocks across the board.... all of Wall Street must be fighting with Desantis....

this narrative was convenient..... blaming the fall of Disney stock prices on the fall out from the company's statements regarding from the Parental bill... supporters seem to almost relish the idea that WDW was being punished for being too 'woke'. At this point, looking at the current state of stocks across the board.... all of Wall Street must be fighting with Desantis....

Disney stock was falling before the overall market turmoil.

Disney stock was falling before the overall market turmoil.
so was Netflix. which i believe fell first followed by Disney.... with gas prices blowing up and all the talk of recession streaming services like Netflix and other easily cut items are going to go first when folks are tightening their budgets.
Someone posted a graph on the stock thread, it really showed how what Disney stock was doing was in line with other stocks completely unrelated to the Desantis WDW dust up. If it was just because of that, then Disney stock would be the only thing affected. or disproportionately so.

Anyone know of where to get a status on the building of the campus around Lake Nona in FL? I believe that is the community hosting the new campus. The reference site, if there is one, could help show delays in permits, construction timetables, mileposts of that source. Delays of three years would certainly show up in myriad of ways in the schedule. Is Disney on the hook for three years of leasing costs (if Disney dragging feet to move) or is the builder losing out (delays in construction)? Unless posts were skipped, has there been information on the development progress within the 60 acres of land?

Anyone know of where to get a status on the building of the campus around Lake Nona in FL? I believe that is the community hosting the new campus. The reference site, if there is one, could help show delays in permits, construction timetables, mileposts of that source. Delays of three years would certainly show up in myriad of ways in the schedule. Is Disney on the hook for three years of leasing costs (if Disney dragging feet to move) or is the builder losing out (delays in construction)? Unless posts were skipped, has there been information on the development progress within the 60 acres of land?
This is the part of this story that doesn't add up. It does NOT take that long to construct an office campus like that. A HUGE one very close to my home is under construction and will be complete in 18 months from announcement. It's one of those massive "flex work" office space type places with courtyards, a food hall, and even a swimming pool for employees. It will host 4 very prominent company corporate headquarters.

This Lake Nona project honestly sounds dead in the water. Willing to bet it never happens. Construction on something like that does not take 4 years. It was *supposed* to be done THIS YEAR.

This is the part of this story that doesn't add up. It does NOT take that long to construct an office campus like that. A HUGE one very close to my home is under construction and will be complete in 18 months from announcement. It's one of those massive "flex work" office space type places with courtyards, a food hall, and even a swimming pool for employees. It will host 4 very prominent company corporate headquarters.

This Lake Nona project honestly sounds dead in the water. Willing to bet it never happens. Construction on something like that does not take 4 years. It was *supposed* to be done THIS YEAR.
I relocated to Florida three years ago. At that time, it took 6 months from when you signed your contract until you closed and moved in. It is now 12-13 months before closing. There are shortages on most materials, and it is getting harder to find workers. The real estate business both residential and commercial are booming. No income tax, low property tax, low sales tax, and great weather. Lake Nona will happen. Construction has started.

“While a growing number of our employees, who will ultimately work at the campus, have already made the move to Central Florida, we also want to continue to provide flexibility to those relocating, especially given the anticipated completion date of the campus is now in 2026,” the company said. “Therefore, where possible, we are aligning the relocation period with the campus completion.”

I relocated to Florida three years ago. At that time, it took 6 months from when you signed your contract until you closed and moved in. It is now 12-13 months before closing. There are shortages on most materials, and it is getting harder to find workers. The real estate business both residential and commercial are booming. No income tax, low property tax, low sales tax, and great weather. Lake Nona will happen. Construction has started.

“While a growing number of our employees, who will ultimately work at the campus, have already made the move to Central Florida, we also want to continue to provide flexibility to those relocating, especially given the anticipated completion date of the campus is now in 2026,” the company said. “Therefore, where possible, we are aligning the relocation period with the campus completion.”
Then how do you explain how quickly Epic Universe construction is happening?

Then how do you explain how quickly Epic Universe construction is happening?
Welcome to Orlando Informer’s coverage of Universal’s Epic Universe, the new theme park under construction at Universal Orlando Resort. We’ll be expanding and updating this page as we inch closer to the new development’s opening date, which is currently expected “certainly” by summer 2025, according to Comcast executives in an earnings call (it was originally ’23 but was pushed back.

A good portion of this delay is certainly procurement of construction materials. Upwards of 1 year for electrical switchgear. 7-10 months for roofing materials. The list goes on.

Consider the possibility that there actually is an expected completion date of 2026, and that politics has nothing to do with it, but Disney can kinda publicly stick it to Florida by making the announcement appear poltical.

Reedy Creek has nothing to do with a construction project at Lake Nona.

I guess it's best to say "No Disney or RC to get in the way."

I was responding to how quickly Epic Universe construction is going, even though US doesn't have it's own "RC" that can streamline things quicker-which doesn't seem to help at WDW Parks in comparison to US projects. Even though kind of OT. :offtopic:

Last edited:
I guess it's best to say "No Disney or RC to get in the way."

I was responding to how quickly Epic Universe construction is going, even though US doesn't have it's own "RC" that can streamline things quicker-which doesn't seem to help at WDW Parks in comparison to US projects. Even though kind of OT. :offtopic:

Universal has its own developmental/economic district. It just doesn't have it's own "improvement" district.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!