Watch your JetBlue flights! 5 months out and already a schedule change!

bas71873

DIS Veteran
Ugh! Got an email from JetBlue last night that our flights had changed, and NOT for the better! And we are not flying until mid-December!!!! I had to shuffle and add an extra night (which I know most people would love, but I don't have the time in the schedule for it. Not to mention the added hotel cost).

I cannot WAIT until I have this credit I've been sitting on since 2020 used up! This is trip #3 we have tried to take. The first two they messed with so much, we had no choice but to cancel. I doubt we'll ever fly again! Not worth the hassle! Used to love JetBlue!

I think the farther out you book, the bigger the chance it will be changed...for all airlines. We booked on Southwest for August way back in December? January? when the flights opened and they changed multiple times. Luckily when I called they actually allowed me to move my airport for no extra cost because those flights worked way better with the new times (and it's only 10-15 minutes farther). But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they change yet again for you. I've flown in April and June and all of the flights changed at least once if not more.

As Canadians we are usually on Air Canada. We currently have three upcoming WDW vacations in the queue. I would say I get flight change emails from Air Canada every two to three weeks--across all three of these flights (August, December and March) -- even for the farthest one out. I'm used to getting those emails now. So it seems to be more prevalent across many airlines now.

all three of my trips haven't changed. BOS to MCO in Sept, Dec and Feb.

BOS always has a lot of options though so it's not as big of a deal. :thumbsup2
I'm out of Richmond. ONE direct flight a day. It was AM, now it's PM. My options are Richmond to Fort Lauderdale (one flight) or Richmond to Boston...multiple flights. Which is ridiculous to fly North to go South. I don't want to do a layover! One more change and I'm cancelling, demanding my $$ back since they've had it since 2019 for a 2020 trip that was Covid cancelled. I'll just suck it up and drive!

I'm out of Richmond. ONE direct flight a day. It was AM, now it's PM. My options are Richmond to Fort Lauderdale (one flight) or Richmond to Boston...multiple flights. Which is ridiculous to fly North to go South. I don't want to do a layover! One more change and I'm cancelling, demanding my $$ back since they've had it since 2019 for a 2020 trip that was Covid cancelled. I'll just suck it up and drive!
always way worse when it's an airport that doesn't have a lot of Jetblue flights. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

i've started to strategize my flight bookings with the expectation that Jetblue will change the schedule. IF they change it by more than 60 mins I can change it to another flight within 24 hours. So I book the cheaper, later flight and hope they change it so i can move it to the morning flight. I used to get super annoyed with the continual changes but i've been able to extend our november trip one day at the end already and one extra night on the beginning.
I originally booked Sunday early AM coming home Friday late night. We now have Saturday late night coming home the following Saturday night. Those flights were more expensive originally.

this would definitely upset me! I ended up cancelling our jan '22 trip because they cancelled our nonstop and i couldn't find a reasonable alternative.

Just had my November Hartford to MCO changed from a 5:15 pm flight to 8:50 pm. Not happy about it, but I’m more afraid it will get canceled. We are only going for a long weekend. Taking SW home, so far no schedule changes.

So I book the cheaper, later flight and hope they change it so i can move it to the morning flight.

I booked a 6:30am for our flight home in Sept, I'm actually hoping they do cancel it. :rotfl:

I'd rather have the 8:30am or the 10am, but I took the flight that was the least number of points. We have mosaic status so I'll be able to change it the day before we fly home. It won't cost us any extra points then, but it would be better to deal with it beforehand. :thumbsup2

I booked a 6:30am for our flight home in Sept, I'm actually hoping they do cancel it. :rotfl:

I'd rather have the 8:30am or the 10am, but I took the flight that was the least number of points. We have mosaic status so I'll be able to change it the day before we fly home. It won't cost us any extra points then, but it would be better to deal with it beforehand. :thumbsup2
brilliant idea! I haven't spent enough to get to mosaic yet but i usually get one way of our trip on points and the free bags at least!

My united flight from Newark to mco in December have changed twice already. Departure was around 9am, perfect time for us and now it's 7am ish.

Jet Blue has changed our October flight from BOS to MCO twice now. First change was painless from 11:30AM to 11:45AM. The second change was painful though, 11:45AM to 2:00PM. Not happy about that change but the only nonstop before that is at 6:00AM and not doing that with 10 people of which 4 are children ages 5,3,3 and 2!! There is also a nonstop scheduled at 2:09 which puzzles me.

Ugh, sorry to hear. We already booked our April airfare on JB and I'm bracing myself for changes. We go through the NYC airports so lots of options, I feel for you when your only option gets majorly changed.

i've started to strategize my flight bookings with the expectation that Jetblue will change the schedule. IF they change it by more than 60 mins I can change it to another flight within 24 hours. So I book the cheaper, later flight and hope they change it so i can move it to the morning flight. I used to get super annoyed with the continual changes but i've been able to extend our november trip one day at the end already and one extra night on the beginning.
I originally booked Sunday early AM coming home Friday late night. We now have Saturday late night coming home the following Saturday night. Those flights were more expensive originally.
OMG! I do this, too!! :rotfl: I had a flight on my departure day of 6:00 in the morning because it was the cheapest. But because of a schedule change, I was able to move it to 12:30 PM - a MUCH better time for me.

The further out your trip the more frequent the schedule changes. I flew down to Ft Lauderdale in May and I had booked that trip in late 2021 and I easily had at least 6 schedule changes from Jetblue. One of them was a big enough schedule change that I actually rebooked what airport I was flying out of as a result... and I still got a few more schedule changes after that! For my trip this September, I've already gotten three schedule change notifications and one of them was big enough where I was able to adjust my outgoing flight time to be much earlier for free per their policy. The biggest pain is that often you have to choose your seat again and then if you make your own schedule adjustment based on their policy of allowing changes if their schedule adjustment is more than two hours, you'll never be able to update anything else online and will have to choose chat or call in for everything, including seat assignment.

We always seem to get flight time changes. I expect more.
The last one was for our Oct. flight.....not a big deal because the change was ONE minute.

We had one change 6 times. The end one was acceptable and they would not work with us, so we cancelled the whole trip. It was a cruise booked air through them. Even my TA was upset with them

We had our Spirit flights changed about 2 months out. Required us taking an extra day off work, rescheduling park days, cancelling ADRs, etc. Very frustrating. But, at least not cancelled, yet.

Ugh! Got an email from JetBlue last night that our flights had changed, and NOT for the better! And we are not flying until mid-December!!!! I had to shuffle and add an extra night (which I know most people would love, but I don't have the time in the schedule for it. Not to mention the added hotel cost).

I cannot WAIT until I have this credit I've been sitting on since 2020 used up! This is trip #3 we have tried to take. The first two they messed with so much, we had no choice but to cancel. I doubt we'll ever fly again! Not worth the hassle! Used to love JetBlue!
You are likely to see a few more sch changes - just hope they don’t get rid of the flight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter