Watch your JetBlue flights! 5 months out and already a schedule change!

I just received an email about seat change, but when I looked at my reservation, I think it's the same seat, so I'm not sure what they're talking about.

Edited 8/29/22: Now JetBlue changed my inbound flight, so I actually changed my resort rez and gave myself another day.

Last edited:
Jetblue changed my December flights. Our flight down is now later. I hate to change to the 6am, but we won't land until 2:30pm otherwise. Ughhh....

We always book our flights as soon as they are available and we expect the flights to change somewhat over the ~11 months but in some instances they change the fight so much that it either ruins our plans or requires us to move the flight up 1 day and book the extra night. Case in point, we have a flight booked for spring break that would've allowed us to comfortably make After Hours at Hollywood Studios, however pushing it back 2 hours really makes it too risky to buy the After Hours tickets if there are any delays. I'm hoping they slot in an extra flight as a 3+ hour gap in the JetBlue JFK-MCO is not the norm.

i've started to strategize my flight bookings with the expectation that Jetblue will change the schedule. IF they change it by more than 60 mins I can change it to another flight within 24 hours. So I book the cheaper, later flight and hope they change it so i can move it to the morning flight. I used to get super annoyed with the continual changes but i've been able to extend our november trip one day at the end already and one extra night on the beginning.
I originally booked Sunday early AM coming home Friday late night. We now have Saturday late night coming home the following Saturday night. Those flights were more expensive originally.
I could saved a good amount doing this!

We always book our flights as soon as they are available and we expect the flights to change somewhat over the ~11 months but in some instances they change the fight so much that it either ruins our plans or requires us to move the flight up 1 day and book the extra night. Case in point, we have a flight booked for spring break that would've allowed us to comfortably make After Hours at Hollywood Studios, however pushing it back 2 hours really makes it too risky to buy the After Hours tickets if there are any delays. I'm hoping they slot in an extra flight as a 3+ hour gap in the JetBlue JFK-MCO is not the norm.
if you are renting a car, consider seeing if you can fly into Tampa, the flights are usually not as expensive in the morning as they are compared to MCO. It takes about an hour to get from the car rental garage to WDW. Sometimes the car rental is cheaper as well. I have saved over $1000 by flying into Tampa than MCO...Also of course, you can still fly out of MCO and there may or may not be a drop off charge for the car rental. You can also rent a car for one day from Alamo and drop it off at Speedway by Magic Kingdom which would be cheaper than a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter