Watch Out "WORLD" the Scrappers are coming - Thanksgiving 2013!

We are off school W, Th, F so we would probably leave on Friday evening or Saturday morning before Thanksgiving (only miss two days of school/work). Then we would probably return home on Thanksgiving weekend probably on Saturday (depending on flights). If I am lucky enough to swing this trip with money and two days off work around a holiday that is. I am going to hope, but that might be as far as I get :rotfl: I will be honest, I am not even going to mention this to my DH for probably a year. Have to get the trip we are planning on going to this spring under our belts first.

ETA: We will ride anything . My DD9 thinks the bigger, the, faster, the scarier, the better. DD11 is not quite into the thrill rides (doesn't really like upside down) but she will ride some of them. I love everything! Would love to see the Fantasyland!!

I'm leaning towards going the Sat-Sat with Thanksgiving in the parks...already told my mom we probably wouldn't be home..that way Megan would only missed 2 1/2 days and she'd have Sunday to rest before heading back to school....our toughest thing is the long flight and 3 hrs time change , going over our flt usually leaves at 830 am and we get in a 5pm to MCO so we lose a whole day flying.

I'm not the best with the upside down, corkscrew roller coasters....but I can spin a mean tea cup :woohoo: so I am will take any of the kids who's parents can't spin.....Jim couldn't stomach the tea cups but loved all the big coasters and TofT :confused3 , when we went in 2008 we made him a t-shirt that said "this daddy don't do tea cups" he got quite a few fun comments !

I am leaning towards Saturday to Saturday too, but if there is a flight close to the same price Friday evening we will take that instead. I love waking up in Disney our first day of the trip. I only have a one hour time difference, so I can not imagine three!

I am leaning towards Saturday to Saturday too, but if there is a flight close to the same price Friday evening we will take that instead. I love waking up in Disney our first day of the trip. I only have a one hour time difference, so I can not imagine three!

its just a long flight....we usually are a bit tired going over, but its only 230 for us so want to do something when we get in and try to stay up for as long as we can that first night to adjust as much as we can.....
going home we usually get back around 930pm after taking a 630 pm flt from MCO, by the time we get back to our place it's about 200 - 300 am FL time for our bodies.
we will suffer though for our WDW fix :love:

Sure bring him along....he can be our muscles and security!

LOL, he'll be thrilled to be considered muscles and security. He'll ride just about anything. I do pretty much everything...ONCE...so I can say I did it ;)

This year the flights for Thursday to Thursday were SO much cheaper than anything else, that's why we are flying home Thanksgiving night. Will give us all weekend to get over our Mickey withdrawals.

LOL, he'll be thrilled to be considered muscles and security. He'll ride just about anything. I do pretty much everything...ONCE...so I can say I did it ;)

This year the flights for Thursday to Thursday were SO much cheaper than anything else, that's why we are flying home Thanksgiving night. Will give us all weekend to get over our Mickey withdrawals.

well then the job is his!....the only rides I haven't done....RnRC, ToT, Mission Space...which I'll never go on....RnRC and ToT someday....maybe...

that's a good schedule to go too....sure flts are much cheaper...decisions, decisions

I told my DH this morning that we were going to WDW for Thanksgiving in 2013 and he just gave me a look like I was nuts!!! I told him the reasoning and he still thinks I'm nuts. But, he'll be coming along. DS is in college now, but he loves Disney as much as me so I'm he'll come along.

As for rides, I don't like drops, but I've been on all the rides. I love Splash Mountain except for the big drop, Rock'n'Roller Coaster is awesome, and Everest is awesome. I love Mission Space, but can't ride the spinning side anymore. I have to do the other side. The spinning side is so much better, but it leaves me feeling sick for 2 hours afterwards. Tower of Terror is the only ride I refuse to ever ride again. I've been on it 3 times and hated it all 3 times. Like I said, drops are my least favorite thing so TOT just doesn't work.

DS will go on anything so he'll ride with everyone! DH will go on most and I'll go on anything except TOT.

As for where to stay, we'll probably do POP since finances are tighter with DS in college. It's our favorite of the value resorts. I'd prefer Coronado Springs or Port Orleans, but will have to see about he budget. I'd really love to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Contemporary or Boardwalk, but they are all out of my price range!

We'll probably stay at the Poly, or the Beach Club if I can talk DH into it.:lmao:
Our school is off for the whole week, so we'll go the Saturday before Thanksgiving-the Saturday after.
Can't wait to meet everyone!!:yay:

I was thinking Saturday to Saturday, my boss is going to have a fit when I tell him I am missing Thanksgiving week but Julia is only going to turn 16 once and I want to make it memorable for her.

We always try a mix of TS and Quick service restaurants when we go. We have tried many but still have so many on the list. I think the new fantasyland one is going to be a must do.

Ohhh please don't mention spinning tea cups, just the thought of it makes my tummy start to flip flop. I was fine and loved all the thril rides until I got pregnant, now I can barely handle them.

I mentioned to DH that we were going and he just looked at me like I was nuts. He didn't say if he wanted to go, DS knows nothing about it yet. His college gives them the whole week off, but I am thinking if he is still with his girlfriend that he is going to want to spend time with her.

Cassey

I told my DH this morning that we were going to WDW for Thanksgiving in 2013 and he just gave me a look like I was nuts!!! I told him the reasoning and he still thinks I'm nuts. But, he'll be coming along. DS is in college now, but he loves Disney as much as me so I'm he'll come along.

we aren't nuts....just DISNEY FANATICS....there is a difference...isn't there :confused3:rotfl::rotfl:

As for rides, I don't like drops, but I've been on all the rides. I love Splash Mountain except for the big drop, Rock'n'Roller Coaster is awesome, and Everest is awesome. I love Mission Space, but can't ride the spinning side anymore. I have to do the other side. The spinning side is so much better, but it leaves me feeling sick for 2 hours afterwards. Tower of Terror is the only ride I refuse to ever ride again. I've been on it 3 times and hated it all 3 times. Like I said, drops are my least favorite thing so TOT just doesn't work.

DS will go on anything so he'll ride with everyone! DH will go on most and I'll go on anything except TOT.

As for where to stay, we'll probably do POP since finances are tighter with DS in college. It's our favorite of the value resorts. I'd prefer Coronado Springs or Port Orleans, but will have to see about he budget. I'd really love to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Contemporary or Boardwalk, but they are all out of my price range!

don't think I will ever do mission space....ToT maybe at least once and RnRC once too....have done Screamin' in DLR one time and you DO SCREAM!
we love POP too!

We'll probably stay at the Poly, or the Beach Club if I can talk DH into it.:lmao:
Our school is off for the whole week, so we'll go the Saturday before Thanksgiving-the Saturday after.
Can't wait to meet everyone!!:yay:

its is going to be so fun to have our Peeps all together :banana:

I was thinking Saturday to Saturday, my boss is going to have a fit when I tell him I am missing Thanksgiving week but Julia is only going to turn 16 once and I want to make it memorable for her.

We always try a mix of TS and Quick service restaurants when we go. We have tried many but still have so many on the list. I think the new fantasyland one is going to be a must do.

Ohhh please don't mention spinning tea cups, just the thought of it makes my tummy start to flip flop. I was fine and loved all the thril rides until I got pregnant, now I can barely handle them.

I mentioned to DH that we were going and he just looked at me like I was nuts. He didn't say if he wanted to go, DS knows nothing about it yet. His college gives them the whole week off, but I am thinking if he is still with his girlfriend that he is going to want to spend time with her.

Cassey

well its not like you are going to give him plenty of notice....Julia can come on the tea cups with us!
see my nuts anwser above :rotfl:...girl friend over Disney, where is that boy's priorities :rotfl2:

I'm going to start update on post #1 our dates and resorts....so let me know when you start figuring other stuff out and I'll start keeping track of it!

DH and I were just talking about this trip. I'm definately coming :) not sure about DH yet. I'll probably stay at POFQ it's my favorite resort.

I'll take Megan on any upside down rides for you Lisa ;) No teacups for me I get queasy just thinking about them.

DH and I were just talking about this trip. I'm definately coming :) not sure about DH yet. I'll probably stay at POFQ it's my favorite resort.

I'll take Megan on any upside down rides for you Lisa ;) No teacups for me I get queasy just thinking about them.

Yay! what about the girls...well if your staying at POFQ...might sway my decision :rolleyes1 what days are you thinking off?
thanks for the offer, might have to take you up on it if she gets brave enough to try it....we might try ToT in Oct.

Yay! what about the girls...well if your staying at POFQ...might sway my decision :rolleyes1 what days are you thinking off?
thanks for the offer, might have to take you up on it if she gets brave enough to try it....we might try ToT in Oct.

They'll both be off at college :scared1: So probably just me (maybe DH). I leaning toward Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday.

They'll both be off at college :scared1: So probably just me (maybe DH). I leaning toward Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday.

:hug::hug: hey if its just you...do you want to bunk with us?!?!?! pajama party!!

::yes:: it would be :woohoo:

btw started a PTR for our Oct trip if you want to take a peak

I'll have an AP for the 2013 trip (since Rachel and I are going to WDW next December):goodvibes Hopefully there will be a discount to take advantage of ;)

I'll have an AP for the 2013 trip (since Rachel and I are going to WDW next December):goodvibes Hopefully there will be a discount to take advantage of ;)

do you think they do discounts during the holiday seasons?

I doubt it, but, we can always hope for the best ;)

finger's crossed!
how come you're still up?

well you must be DISsing in another area tonight.....cruise or DLR....off to bed now, night!

So I talked to my boss today about taking Thanksgiving week 2013 off, he thought I was nuts!!!:rotfl::rotfl: He asked why I wanted the week off and I told him Julia's turning 16 and I am planning a special trip. He asked if we were going to Disney, I said yup! He just walked away shaking his head. Which means I have the time off!!!! He is starting to worry about me, I told him that as long as I can have my Disney time, I can recharge and deal with the madness that is my job. So we are definately on for this trip!

Now to try to talk Julia into maybe POFQ, I am not holding out much hope, maybe need to show her pics of the beignets and tell her she can have them for breakfast. With fruit and milk of course. That might work, but I have a feeling we will be at POP or the new animation resort if she has her way.

Cassey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter