• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watch Out "WORLD" the Scrappers are coming - Thanksgiving 2013!

I just checked and our flights this year have gone from $646.50 to $1,078.20! Guess I got a deal ;)

Wow, that's a huge jump!

I'd better get our CA flights booked today!.....think I'm going to sneak in a weekend to DLR before we go visit our friends, Cheryl and her family will be there at that time....since my friends wedding was postponed until spring we have a couple extra days.

are those for me? :lmao: did some looking around yesterday will definately get it booked today and let you know....hey were are you staying?

Of course ;) Rachel was dancing just like that when I told her y'all were meeting us at DLR! We're booked at the Ramada Plaza (it's a little over 1/2 mile walk) we got it for $89 per night including free hot breakfast every morning.

Of course ;) Rachel was dancing just like that when I told her y'all were meeting us at DLR! We're booked at the Ramada Plaza (it's a little over 1/2 mile walk) we got it for $89 per night including free hot breakfast every morning.

am so excited we are getting to experience DLR with you all! airfare is booked will work on hotel next!!

Just realized been awhile since anyone had posted here!

so how is everyone doing on their trip savings? I reworked how my savings/budget for 2012 is going to work, but still hope to have it all saved before we leave!

Jennifer and Annie - any info you would like to share of your recent trips?

Winter Haven is way too far of a drive to try to make rope drop.

LOL, that is the biggest thing I learned while there. However, it isn't too bad if you aren't in a hurry. We went to DTD twice without a lot of trouble. Just a very boring ride.

I am not sure I would want to stay in WH if the plans are do park time together. I would be meeting you all at the third ride of the day or something that lame.

Meeting for a meal would be better for me. Taking a bus from DTD to any of the hotels would require time management from me, but would be probably be the safest. I hate driving new routes. I can do the DTD one without the navi help now.

The Monday before Thanksgiving, DTD was pretty empty. On Wednesday, it felt more like the summer crowds. Definitely way more people. The weather was moderate, even when it rained a little.

Would love to hear Jennifer's experience with the parks.

sorry you had such a long ride to the parks....I think most everyone is planning on staying on property or close by!

doing a meal would be fun, crazy and fun! think we will need some input from some who have gone to the scrapbook convention in Aug for suggestions on how to find a place that could accommodate our large group!

know how you feel about driving in Orlando....we ALWAYS got turned around every time but at least Jim was driving then....when we went in March and we drove up to GA that first night I was a bit scared, got turned around of course, was dark and so tired...drove about 5 miles up the road from the airport and stopped at the first decent hotel we saw! and then got turned around the next morning too! would much rather pay for a taxi after that :lmao:

The parks got busier as the week went by. (We arrived Thursday the 17th and left late Thursday the 24th). We don't tend to do the parks on the days they have extra magic hours (and we don't park hop). I find that the parks without the EMH are less crowded. We almost always do Epcot on our last day, whether it's Thursday or Friday - It's just not as busy as the others.

The weekend before Thanksgiving was busy, but not so bad that we couldn't get on any rides. To be honest, we did pretty much everything we wanted to (and even a lot of things we had never done before!) and I don't feel like we waited too long for much of anything. The lines for autographs were crazy, but we had done a good deal of character meals, so that was okay.

They know that the crowds are heavier, so they do very well keeping the buses coming. Travel times tend to be longer though, since there are more people there.

We're trying to figure out what to do about the cruise we have booked for April. Since Meezer got sick, we've had to rethink that trip. One of the dates we are looking at for the rescheduled trip is the week of Thanksgiving 2013. So, it's all still up in the air, but we may not be doing this trip, but will be going on a cruise instead. But, DH is really pushing for a summer cruise (he's nuts), and I'd rather do April 2013. We'll see.

thanks for your thoughts on your week....I'm leaning towards going the Thurs before Thanksgiving until the Sat after hoping the crowds won't be too bad at the beginning.

sorry you are thinking of pushing your cruise back, hope it will all work out...I wouldn't want to go in the summer either, will be really hot and higher chance of storms too.

Jennifer, sorry to hear about postponing your cruise, hope it works out for you.

I am leaning towards the Friday before Thanksgiving to the Saturday after. It is really going to depend on Julia's schedule for school. She will be a sophmore:scared1 by then. That really hurt to type! Our HS has a screwy schedule of rotating classes. Morning classes rotate among themselves, lunch, afternoon classes rotate among themselves.:confused3 I am so glad that my HS didn't do this as I would have been in the wrong class every period!

Glad to hear crowds were managable. We usually go during August, but our April trip was close to Easter and the by Tuesday before Easter it was wall to wall people! We did manage to do everything we wanted but I was getting clostrophobic toward the end.

A meal would be fun or DTD, we will be staying on property so whatever works for everyone is good for us.

Julia is really excited to be spending her 16th at WDW. They are discussing Africa in Social Studies and her teacher is using the Lion King as part of his plans. He keeps spouting facts and Julia keeps correcting him:rolleyes:. He tried to tell the class DLR opened in 1971!:scared1: She read a biography on Walt Disney and has all these facts stored in her head....they are coming in usefull right now.

So far I am on track with my savings to have the trip paid for. Planning for a mod resort, but will go with whatever resort Julia wants, except for deluxe as that is going to be beyond my reach at this point. I am really wanting to try to plan to see MVMCP while we are there, but it depends on the schedule. I noticed that they don't do parties during the busy weeks so we will have to wait and see.

Cassey

I was up at Disney, the Sunday before Thanksgiving through Tuesday. We were only doing the MK this trip as we had other trips planned for other parks- we tend to really just stick with the nearby park more than going to the others these days. We stayed at BLT and the Contemporary was busy but things were going well. There never seemed to be a large crowd at the bus stop when we went by. Sunday was an EMH day at MK and it was really crowded- we had only gone over because our room wasn't ready when we arrived and we needed to kill some time. Monday we were over at MK and it was not nearly as crowded- even when I returned at 6:30pm to use some FPs from earlier in the day there were FP avaiable at the less popular FP rides. I was even able to change our dinner reservations on Sunday morning for that night- we had been 2 at Narcossee's but changed to a party of 7 at the Wave and didn't have to go for an odd time.

Rebecca

Jennifer, sorry to hear about postponing your cruise, hope it works out for you.

I am leaning towards the Friday before Thanksgiving to the Saturday after. It is really going to depend on Julia's schedule for school. She will be a sophmore:scared1 by then. That really hurt to type! Our HS has a screwy schedule of rotating classes. Morning classes rotate among themselves, lunch, afternoon classes rotate among themselves.:confused3 I am so glad that my HS didn't do this as I would have been in the wrong class every period!

Glad to hear crowds were managable. We usually go during August, but our April trip was close to Easter and the by Tuesday before Easter it was wall to wall people! We did manage to do everything we wanted but I was getting clostrophobic toward the end.

A meal would be fun or DTD, we will be staying on property so whatever works for everyone is good for us.

Julia is really excited to be spending her 16th at WDW. They are discussing Africa in Social Studies and her teacher is using the Lion King as part of his plans. He keeps spouting facts and Julia keeps correcting him:rolleyes:. He tried to tell the class DLR opened in 1971!:scared1: She read a biography on Walt Disney and has all these facts stored in her head....they are coming in usefull right now.

So far I am on track with my savings to have the trip paid for. Planning for a mod resort, but will go with whatever resort Julia wants, except for deluxe as that is going to be beyond my reach at this point. I am really wanting to try to plan to see MVMCP while we are there, but it depends on the schedule. I noticed that they don't do parties during the busy weeks so we will have to wait and see.

Cassey

too funny Julia is correcting her teacher...
we will probably stay at a MOD too....we really loved POFQ.
hope to do MVMCP too!

I was up at Disney, the Sunday before Thanksgiving through Tuesday. We were only doing the MK this trip as we had other trips planned for other parks- we tend to really just stick with the nearby park more than going to the others these days. We stayed at BLT and the Contemporary was busy but things were going well. There never seemed to be a large crowd at the bus stop when we went by. Sunday was an EMH day at MK and it was really crowded- we had only gone over because our room wasn't ready when we arrived and we needed to kill some time. Monday we were over at MK and it was not nearly as crowded- even when I returned at 6:30pm to use some FPs from earlier in the day there were FP avaiable at the less popular FP rides. I was even able to change our dinner reservations on Sunday morning for that night- we had been 2 at Narcossee's but changed to a party of 7 at the Wave and didn't have to go for an odd time.

Rebecca

good to here things weren't too bad....we try to avoid the am EMH too if we can! amazing you were able to switch your adr's!

hello all your scrapping Mix Nuts!

tomorrow they are releasing date/prices for 2013!!!

anyone have more definate plans made yet for our big trip?

we are now thinking of staying at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid section, but if someone wants to buddy up for a suite let us know!!!

I am patiently waiting for the rates to come out....

Lisa what section for a suite, I will ask Julia what she thinks.

I havent yet :)

DBF is waiting to hear if they are switching renewals from the summer to oct/nov/dec because that makes a difference with us being able to go. or i may just leave him at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter