Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can either book:
  • Staying on property:
    • The length of your stay + 1 day (up to 14 days) at 60 days out
  • All other cases
    • 7 days at 30 days out
Now if you have multiple upcoming stays, it has been reported that you can call the AP help line to get the second set of 14 days opened up to you, but I am not sure on that.

I spent another 30 minutes on the help line and the CM read all the notes from the morning's call and was getting ready to pass it to the "escalation team." Unfortunately, my call dropped...pretty sure my fault as I got up to walk around and check on the kids and the cell service in my house is spotty at times. So I called back and got another great CM and spent probably close to an hour. Like a PP mentioned, every one (save the on line chat CM) was extremely helpful in getting this resolved.

I ended up with 12 days of fast passes booked from this upcoming weekend through the end of April. 5 of them had to be entered by the CM and I do not have any ability to manipulate them or even delete them it looks like. 7 I had made previously. I am hopeful that once this weekend's short stay at SOG falls off, I can book more passes, but the CM said that I probably would have to call back to get some of them matched as my twins and I have more than my DH and other two kids. We have a stay in over Mother's Day weekend so that will be the next test of the system.

I am also concerned what happens when I use the 3 and try to make a 4th fast pass. We'll see on Friday!

Calling in to get FP is a lot of extra work. The system is not set up to do more than 7. The CM acknowledged the issue and said it happens a good amount and Disney is trying to come up with a solution so as to not "punish" the ones of us who go very frequently. I guess my escalation notes had something about "this guest who has a LOT of visits scheduled over the next two months." My husband just rolls his eyes. I try to discuss it with him and I hear a lot about first world problems and the like. :tongue: The random pages I have made to keep track of everything is bordering on nuts. I know I will not keep up this pace; we have a lot of spring birthdays and the best way to celebrate is a weekend at Disney.

And I've still have never been able to get a FP for SDD!!

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. When were the trips? And were they all fully onsite with no FPs made that were not covered by the onsite dates? (Such as checking out of an onsite hotel one day, and not checking into the next onsite hotel until the next day)?
My stays were onsite only. No other resorts, and fast passes booked only for days we were onsite.

I am trying to remember dates since we have been so many times, but I think one stay was the third week of February of 2018 and then the first week of April 2018- then again the last of May/early June 2018. Also had the same issue in spring/summer 2017.

The cast members at guest services at the parks just shrugged and apologized and said that’s the way the system works. It took sending an email to guest services to get help. And the the young man who responded was awesome.

I'm so glad to read other people's experiences. I plan to get an annual pass for the first time next year and planning trips for Feb and April. Now that I know about these glitches, I will plan my April trip for at least 60 days after the end of the Feb trip. Thanks!

@CaLuCa - how did your trip go?

My window for my May stay was supposed to open today, but the calendar didn’t open period. Was told by Tech Support it was probably due to the 7-day AP limit. I already have 9 days of FPs for next week. ALL Disney onsite hotels (PIR, YC, BWI); no offsite or DS stays.

Tech support was super nice and offered to make FPs, but they are unchangeable, so I only asked for one each day (tge tough ones) thinking I’ll try again when my April stay is done.

Anyway, would like to hear from anyone who has stayed recently with APs and multiple stays how things went with APs and FPs.

My window for my May stay was supposed to open today, but the calendar didn’t open period. Was told by Tech Support it was probably due to the 7-day AP limit. I already have 9 days of FPs for next week. ALL Disney onsite hotels (PIR, YC, BWI); no offsite or DS stays.

Tech support was super nice and offered to make FPs, but they are unchangeable, so I only asked for one each day (tge tough ones) thinking I’ll try again when my April stay is done.

Anyway, would like to hear from anyone who has stayed recently with APs and multiple stays how things went with APs and FPs.
I had trips (one solo) 1st wk Jan, 3rd wk Feb, 2nd wk March. No problems with FPs using our Gold APs.

I had four trips scheduled between June & October this past summer/fall (only didn't go in September) where multiple FP windows were going at once. Two of the trips were even only 2 weeks apart and I had zero issues with it. I had well over 7 days of FP, staying onsite with an AP, so I boil this down to just one more lovely Disney IT issue. I mean, I've gone on countless trips now and then suddenly when it came time to book ADRs for my upcoming May trip their system went nuts and completely ruined all my ADRs (meaning that now I don't have the ADRs when I really wanted/needed them, it took them almost 2 months to fix the problem and by the time they did all the good times were gone).

I do not have good news to report. At one point, it seemed my FP issues were solved. I had 15 days of fp. Now I am back to 7, but still have 6 more days of on site stays that I *should* be able to book fast passes for. These are ALL on site stays. Hotels range from Boardwalk to a couple different DS ones, SOG and Coronado; all within the next 60 days.

I've been emailing guest services, which informed me that it can be frustrating when you can't make the fp you want (NO, I can't even MAKE them!) and to make sure I book at 60 days to get the best availability.

Now, I'm getting an email that my Memorial Day fp (day #6) has the potential to be canceled unless I
*Purchase another ticket (ummm, have an AP)
*link another ticket (WHY?)
*link a resort reservation (already done, has been done for a couple of months)

I was in HS on Saturday and went into guest services to show them the email. The best CM! They really train those people well as I witnessed a couple of people who needed a little descalation. He talked with IT and they noted I was doing things right but have some how fallen into an AP/FP resort stay twilight zone.

And to top it off, my two DS stays in May (one for my twins' birthday, which I already have fp for) and a quick Saturday night to meet up with friends from out of state have disappeared from the fp selection calendar. They still show up under my future reservations in MDE, but are not highlighted when you go to the fp selection calendar.

Honestly, I believe a loop hole has closed. No more longer than 7 day fp for APs regardless of stays. I too have the a few days of no changing fp that IT made for me, but it is frustrating to be locked in.

As a side note, on Saturday after we did emh for FoP and while waiting to go on Safari, I was able to get 3 SDD all for around 12. I worked for another hour to get a 4th. I feel like I grabbed the golden ring! But I like to plan. I'd much rather make them all 60 days in advance and change on the fly.

I do not have good news to report. At one point, it seemed my FP issues were solved. I had 15 days of fp. Now I am back to 7, but still have 6 more days of on site stays that I *should* be able to book fast passes for. These are ALL on site stays. Hotels range from Boardwalk to a couple different DS ones, SOG and Coronado; all within the next 60 days.

I've been emailing guest services, which informed me that it can be frustrating when you can't make the fp you want (NO, I can't even MAKE them!) and to make sure I book at 60 days to get the best availability.

Now, I'm getting an email that my Memorial Day fp (day #6) has the potential to be canceled unless I
*Purchase another ticket (ummm, have an AP)
*link another ticket (WHY?)
*link a resort reservation (already done, has been done for a couple of months)

I was in HS on Saturday and went into guest services to show them the email. The best CM! They really train those people well as I witnessed a couple of people who needed a little descalation. He talked with IT and they noted I was doing things right but have some how fallen into an AP/FP resort stay twilight zone.

And to top it off, my two DS stays in May (one for my twins' birthday, which I already have fp for) and a quick Saturday night to meet up with friends from out of state have disappeared from the fp selection calendar. They still show up under my future reservations in MDE, but are not highlighted when you go to the fp selection calendar.

Honestly, I believe a loop hole has closed. No more longer than 7 day fp for APs regardless of stays. I too have the a few days of no changing fp that IT made for me, but it is frustrating to be locked in.

As a side note, on Saturday after we did emh for FoP and while waiting to go on Safari, I was able to get 3 SDD all for around 12. I worked for another hour to get a 4th. I feel like I grabbed the golden ring! But I like to plan. I'd much rather make them all 60 days in advance and change on the fly.
Ugh! I was hoping things had gotten fixed on your end. I’m in the same AP/FP resort stay twilight zone. When’s your next trip? And what are they saying would trigger your FPs for your 6th day to be deleted?

I have noticed changes in the way MDE works** with APs and FPs. But as of last week, I can still book >7 days of FP on my AP (if I have >7 days onsite). And that includes across multiple trips within 60 days of one-another.

** MDE used to not care which days had FP. Now it does. In the past, for example, if I had 14 days booked 50+ days out, MDE would let me book 14 days during the next 2 weeks. This no longer works, MDE now "knows" when your trip is and only lets (me) book FP on those days.

Last edited:

I was afraid this would be the outcome. I’ll just call tech support and book. I just wonder if you will be able to book the 4th without calling tech. :guilty:

Weird. May 24th is your check-in date for trip #2?

Ugh! I was hoping things had gotten fixed on your end. I’m in the same AP/FP resort stay twilight zone. When’s your next trip? And what are they saying would trigger your FPs for your 6th day to be deleted?

Just confirming, you don’t have anything weird like the CL FPs in there or anything, right?

Have you tried calling the AP line? What do they say?

If you find a CM who understands the rules (it can be hard), ask them to add "FP planning keys" to your account.

Just confirming, you don’t have anything weird like the CL FPs in there or anything, right?
Nope, no Disney Springs, no CLFP, no FPs without a Disney onsite stay. I have a split stay starting Saturday at POR/YC, completely back to back (I check out Wednesday from POR and check into YC that same Wednesday). I was able to book 9 days of FPs, no problem. Then I have the Memorial Day trip at BWI. That one is CL, but I don’t have any CL FPs. Today was 60 days and I can only see the next 30-day calendar. I can’t get the calendar to show May at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter