Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I understand... this should not be possible. If your stays are onsite and you have used all of the 16 FP days for your onsite trips (March 14-24 = 11 days, April 26-30 = 5 days), you should not be able to book any more FP, even <30 days out.

Now if you booked FPs over <16 days, you can book some in March (16 - days used). MDE doesn't care when you book the FPs, it's just the total number it cares about.

Can you clarify this @hiroMYhero ?
I see what you're saying but I think the system sees the AP and Resorts separately in a way. So because the PP has two close together resort stays and an AP they are able to still book within 30 days up to 7 consecutive days. Now I could be wrong and its a glitch as part of the ever ongoing issues we are finding.

Here in the DIS, I've seen:

1. Reports of guests staying onsite for multiple trips that have been able to book regular length of stay FPs for *all* their onsite stays, even when the dates are close enough that you need to hold more than 7 days of FP total (but the total days may be less than 14).

2. Reports of guests with onsite/offsite stays that have only been able to book a max of 7 days. Once you book even one day with an AP and you are not staying onsite, it automatically applies the 7-day limit.

3. Reports of guests contacting WDW ****BEFORE*** their next FP date asking if they will have length of stay FPs for all their onsite stays and being told that there is a 7-day limit. I think CMs say this because it's too complicated to account for the occasional glitch when things do not work or having to explain to a guest the onsite/offsite rules. It's better to set the expectation that they will only have 7 days and have the guest be pleasantly surprised if it works in their favor than saying the opposite and have the guest be even more frustrated and disappointed if it doesn't work.

But, I haven't seen any reports yet of guests with only onsite stays and an AP that have not been able to book length of stay FPs. If someone can point me to a report that indicates this, I would greatly appreciate it as this would apply to me. I have 3 onsite stays: March/April, May and July. I already have 9 days of FPs in my March/April split stay and my May FP date is coming up in 3 weeks.

I have almost written these exact posts. I am frustrated that I am limited to 7 days, regardless of how many days we stay on site. We are local and run over for the weekend, sometimes staying Friday and/or Saturday night. I currently have 3 days of fp for a Friday-Sunday trip in March. Another 2 days for early April, and one day in late April. I have a random Saturday in March that is not associated with an on site stay (and this may be causing the problem), but I am probably going to book a room too. I have a Friday-Sunday second weekend in May and Friday-Monday over Memorial day. I am not going to be able to book all of these with the 7 day rule. My kids and I went last night and did MK without FP, left early because the friends we were meeting left earlier, it was crowded and we were tired from the week. Got up this morning and did 2 things in AK for emh before driving home. I would have loved to have FP for last night to do a couple more things, but if I didn't want to cancel the ones we have booked.

My other delimna is...what constitutes ON SITE? I stay a combination of actual Disney hotels, Disney Springs hotels, and Shades of Green. We do this primarily for morning emh, but the 60 day fp is also nice; however, I can't even utilize it now. Every time I put my SOG res in, MDE accepts it and it shows up. The next time I log into my account, the res is gone. This has happened for at least two different reservations. I finally gave up and stopped attempting to put it in.

Really, I believe that if you are paying to stay on site, you should be allowed the number of fast passes for that stay. It sounds like some of you are getting that? What would be great is unlimited fast passes associated with the number of days of a reservation and 4 any time non-resort FP in a 30 day period.

ETA: We're going back over Friday night (booked SOG) and I can't book FP for that either because I'm already at my 7. I'm going to book a hotel for my ONE day without FP and see if it magically lets me book unlimited FP for all my ON SITE stays.

I have almost written these exact posts. I am frustrated that I am limited to 7 days, regardless of how many days we stay on site. We are local and run over for the weekend, sometimes staying Friday and/or Saturday night. I currently have 3 days of fp for a Friday-Sunday trip in March. Another 2 days for early April, and one day in late April. I have a random Saturday in March that is not associated with an on site stay (and this may be causing the problem), but I am probably going to book a room too. I have a Friday-Sunday second weekend in May and Friday-Monday over Memorial day. I am not going to be able to book all of these with the 7 day rule. My kids and I went last night and did MK without FP, left early because the friends we were meeting left earlier, it was crowded and we were tired from the week. Got up this morning and did 2 things in AK for emh before driving home. I would have loved to have FP for last night to do a couple more things, but if I didn't want to cancel the ones we have booked.

My other delimna is...what constitutes ON SITE? I stay a combination of actual Disney hotels, Disney Springs hotels, and Shades of Green. We do this primarily for morning emh, but the 60 day fp is also nice; however, I can't even utilize it now. Every time I put my SOG res in, MDE accepts it and it shows up. The next time I log into my account, the res is gone. This has happened for at least two different reservations. I finally gave up and stopped attempting to put it in.

Really, I believe that if you are paying to stay on site, you should be allowed the number of fast passes for that stay. It sounds like some of you are getting that? What would be great is unlimited fast passes associated with the number of days of a reservation and 4 any time non-resort FP in a 30 day period.

ETA: We're going back over Friday night (booked SOG) and I can't book FP for that either because I'm already at my 7. I'm going to book a hotel for my ONE day without FP and see if it magically lets me book unlimited FP for all my ON SITE stays.
Have you tried deleting the FPs for your one day that is not onsite and see if you can make FPs for all your onsite stays?

Have you tried deleting the FPs for your one day that is not onsite and see if you can make FPs for all your onsite stays?

No, I haven't. I really don't want to delete them. I was on the fence about booking a night for that day any way, so this is the green light to go ahead and see if this is really the issue. I still imagine I will have to call the AP hot line to get everything sorted.

My sister just returned from a week stay at a Disney resort with an AP. So she had 8 days of fast passes. The day she was flying out I made fast passes for our trip in April, so 5 more days for her. I had no problem. Both with onsite hotel and AP. So she had 13 days of fast passes over 2 trips, 1 in Feb and 1 in April.

I wonder if you have two different reservations (one week at one resort, second week at a different resort), if they would recognize that as a continuous stay?
Well, they used to recognize a split stay like you’ve described as a continuous stay with one 60 day fastPass+ window, but that changed a few days ago, and folks on here are currently testing the validity of this change. Others are writing to Disney to complain about the new policy. Stay tuned!

Well, they used to recognize a split stay like you’ve described as a continuous stay with one 60 day fastPass+ window, but that changed a few days ago, and folks on here are currently testing the validity of this change. Others are writing to Disney to complain about the new policy. Stay tuned!
I have a split stay and all of mine are booked at same time with my AP

The only fast pass issue I have had as a passholder is when I made two separate on-site trips within a short timeframe, as I have done twice. I think that is the original poster’s issue.

Both times, the system would not let me book an eighth-day fastpass (which was, in my case, the second day of my second trip, since I had six days of fast passes for my first trip).

Although the second trip was within the 60 day window for onsite stays, I could not book fast passes for more than one day of my second trip until I had used the first day fast passes for my first trip. That put me at a big disadvantage because my first trip was less than 30 days before my second trip. Therefore, many fastpassses and times would not be available to me when I was finally able to book them for my second trip. It would also mean that I spent a good deal of time on my first trip planning and booking fastpasses for my second trip, and I had to do that day by day as I used each day of fast passes on the first trip. That’s how the system works.

Knowing this was how the system worked for my first set of close-in-time onsite trips, I sent an email to guest services explaining that this system puts pass holders who stay onsite at a big disadvantage to non pass holders who stay on site. A very kind and helpful cast member was able to make an exception to the system. He saw my fast passes in the system for my first trip, and he was able to book the fast passes I wanted for my second trip. So the second time this happened to me, guest services was wonderfully accommodating. Unless they have changed the system, you won’t be able to book more than seven days of fast passes if you have two separate trips. But guest services might be able to help.

I'm not sure I understand... this should not be possible. If your stays are onsite and you have used all of the 16 FP days for your onsite trips (March 14-24 = 11 days, April 26-30 = 5 days), you should not be able to book any more FP, even <30 days out.

Now if you booked FPs over <16 days, you can book some in March (16 - days used). MDE doesn't care when you book the FPs, it's just the total number it cares about.

Can you clarify this @hiroMYhero ?

my dates are what they are, and it let me book for both trips. I bet it is because the second trip is greater than 30 days out.

my dates are what they are, and it let me book for both trips. I bet it is because the second trip is greater than 30 days out.

If I didn't make it clear, apologies, I totally believe you... and appreciate your detailed report of what you have reserved and able to book. I have previously run into problems with my AP and multiple trips where there is some off-property component, so I am really interested in all of these nuances... either I'm doing something different/wrong, or maybe this is due to the new "splitting" of the FP window. But your report is how I feel it *should* work, I just have never previously gotten it to work that way.

Reactions: CJN
If I didn't make it clear, apologies, I totally believe you... and appreciate your detailed report of what you have reserved and able to book. I have previously run into problems with my AP and multiple trips where there is some off-property component, so I am really interested in all of these nuances... either I'm doing something different/wrong, or maybe this is due to the new "splitting" of the FP window. But your report is how I feel it *should* work, I just have never previously gotten it to work that way.
It's well-documented that a single day of FP that is not part of an onsite stay will trigger the 7-day FP limit.

It also seems that the 90-day Club FP also cause some issues. I wish we could understand better what causes problems for those that do not fall into those categories.

It's well-documented that a single day of FP that is not part of an onsite stay will trigger the 7-day FP limit.

Right, that is what I have always experienced.

What @DSLRuser reported, I believe, is that he can book FP this week despite having 16 days of FP booked in the future (along with 16 on-site resort days). My understanding was that he didn't have an on-site reservation this week.

My experience is that if I have >7 days of FP booked (and >7 resort days), I cannot book any FP day-of (like today or tomorrow) if I don't have a resort reservation.

Or am I misunderstanding his report?

Reactions: CJN
The only fast pass issue I have had as a passholder is when I made two separate on-site trips within a short timeframe, as I have done twice. I think that is the original poster’s issue.

Both times, the system would not let me book an eighth-day fastpass (which was, in my case, the second day of my second trip, since I had six days of fast passes for my first trip).

Although the second trip was within the 60 day window for onsite stays, I could not book fast passes for more than one day of my second trip until I had used the first day fast passes for my first trip. That put me at a big disadvantage because my first trip was less than 30 days before my second trip. Therefore, many fastpassses and times would not be available to me when I was finally able to book them for my second trip. It would also mean that I spent a good deal of time on my first trip planning and booking fastpasses for my second trip, and I had to do that day by day as I used each day of fast passes on the first trip. That’s how the system works.

Knowing this was how the system worked for my first set of close-in-time onsite trips, I sent an email to guest services explaining that this system puts pass holders who stay onsite at a big disadvantage to non pass holders who stay on site. A very kind and helpful cast member was able to make an exception to the system. He saw my fast passes in the system for my first trip, and he was able to book the fast passes I wanted for my second trip. So the second time this happened to me, guest services was wonderfully accommodating. Unless they have changed the system, you won’t be able to book more than seven days of fast passes if you have two separate trips. But guest services might be able to help.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. When were the trips? And were they all fully onsite with no FPs made that were not covered by the onsite dates? (Such as checking out of an onsite hotel one day, and not checking into the next onsite hotel until the next day)?

Right, that is what I have always experienced.

What @DSLRuser reported, I believe, is that he can book FP this week despite having 16 days of FP booked in the future (along with 16 on-site resort days). My understanding was that he didn't have an on-site reservation this week.

My experience is that if I have >7 days of FP booked (and >7 resort days), I cannot book any FP day-of (like today or tomorrow) if I don't have a resort reservation.

Or am I misunderstanding his report?
That is my understanding too. It seems all wonky and not consistent from guest to guest.

Reporting back with my experiences...

I dropped that ONE random day that was not associated with an on site stay. I STILL could not book extra fast passes, even though I had another stay.

I chatted on line with a CM. Was told 7 was THE limit regardless of on site stays, UNLESS the stays were back to back.

(IF this is true...keep reading...I will drastically change how much I stay on site. I don't mind not booking them at 60, or even 30 for here and there fp, but to not be able to book anything, unless I give up some good fp I have saved for later, makes enjoying MK on a Friday evening hard.)

Called the AP number and was sent to IT support. Part of the problem is a stay at SOG that will not "stick" to MDE regardless of how many times I put it in. I've successfully added it at least half a dozen and every time I log back into MDE, it is not there again. The CM said, unfortunately, this is happening with SOG reservations for some reason. The CM manually added a day of FP for me for that stay (but something happened to the other day, I only got 1 and not 3). Shortened version of our 45 minute conversation is that AP holders who are staying ON SITE can book up to 14 days in a 60 day period. ("Because that's what we do for the visitors who come from the UK for three weeks."

If you have a fp booked withOUT a res, you are limited to the 7, regardless of how many on-site stays you have.

I still need to call and find out what happened to the other two fp for the ones he entered during the call and see what I can do to get this "unlocked" so I can make fp for our May trips.

(I am a life long Disney fan. We are new to Florida and my husband is hoping I will gorge myself on Disney and not want to go as much. Jokes on him :smooth: )

Reporting back with my experiences...

I dropped that ONE random day that was not associated with an on site stay. I STILL could not book extra fast passes, even though I had another stay.

I chatted on line with a CM. Was told 7 was THE limit regardless of on site stays, UNLESS the stays were back to back.

(IF this is true...keep reading...I will drastically change how much I stay on site. I don't mind not booking them at 60, or even 30 for here and there fp, but to not be able to book anything, unless I give up some good fp I have saved for later, makes enjoying MK on a Friday evening hard.)

Called the AP number and was sent to IT support. Part of the problem is a stay at SOG that will not "stick" to MDE regardless of how many times I put it in. I've successfully added it at least half a dozen and every time I log back into MDE, it is not there again. The CM said, unfortunately, this is happening with SOG reservations for some reason. The CM manually added a day of FP for me for that stay (but something happened to the other day, I only got 1 and not 3). Shortened version of our 45 minute conversation is that AP holders who are staying ON SITE can book up to 14 days in a 60 day period. ("Because that's what we do for the visitors who come from the UK for three weeks."

If you have a fp booked withOUT a res, you are limited to the 7, regardless of how many on-site stays you have.

I still need to call and find out what happened to the other two fp for the ones he entered during the call and see what I can do to get this "unlocked" so I can make fp for our May trips.

(I am a life long Disney fan. We are new to Florida and my husband is hoping I will gorge myself on Disney and not want to go as much. Jokes on him :smooth: )
Thanks for reporting back! I can see how a SOG stay that is not sticking in MDE could cause problems. It would seem as if you were staying offsite those days. Thanks for reporting back. If I run into any issues, I'll call tech support not the Passholder line. It seems to me that they are better equipped to provide solutions.

Phew, I'm reading through this thread and my mind is spinning. I am doing research because I am considering getting annual passes next year. The thing that is still unclear is what happens when you are trying to make same-day FPs while you're at the parks after you have used your initial 3 FPs for that day? For example, if I have an on-site resort reservation for 14 consecutive days and I pre-booked 14 days worth of FPs, then what happens while I'm on that trip and trying to book more same-day FPs?

I have a multi split stay coming up this week, with a total of 14 resort days. At one point, I began to get a messsge that there was an issue with my tickets & i wouldn’t be able to make any more fastpasses until it was taken care of. The first CM i talked to said I couldn’t make any more fastpasses because of the 7 day limit rule. Which I was completely unaware of! As a passholder I’ve always been able to book for my length of stay no matter how many resort changes I had. I went to the passholder page & was confused by the wording “ 7 days of fastpasses in a30 day period” or “ entire length of stay up to 14 days”. So I called the passholder number &, after realizing I did indeed have Disney resort stays booked for the entire trip, the CM said yes, I could book for all my days. So, as usual, two very different answers!
This seems counterintuitive on Disney’s part to penalize the people who come the most often! It certainly makes me rethink renewing my AP & certainly makes me rethink going as often. I did write a letter to guest services before I was able to make my last fastpasses & did receive a fairly quick reply. They must have actually done a little research because it was mentioned in the response that they were happy to see that my issue was resolved & that I did have fastpasses. But it still angers me that such restrictions are in place. Isn’t part of the value in having an AP being able to go as often as you want?
And I must add that every CM I’ve talked to ( whether they knew what they were talking about or not!) were extremely friendly, helpful (mostly!) & compassionate.

Phew, I'm reading through this thread and my mind is spinning. I am doing research because I am considering getting annual passes next year. The thing that is still unclear is what happens when you are trying to make same-day FPs while you're at the parks after you have used your initial 3 FPs for that day? For example, if I have an on-site resort reservation for 14 consecutive days and I pre-booked 14 days worth of FPs, then what happens while I'm on that trip and trying to book more same-day FPs?
The current, potential issues with annual passes and FPs do not affect the number of FPs you can get each day. It works like any other ticket. You can pre-book up to 3 FPs and once you use all 3, you can get more (one at a time) using the app, browser or kiosk. Have you read through mesaboy's FP FAQ stickie? It has all the answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter