Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an AP holder but won't be renewing for many reasons (all related to Disney, none to me). I still find every visit stressful even with an AP.
Well, yeah, if that's the case, it's time for a break-up. Same with any relationship.

Trust me, I know the tricks :-)

It's been that way all morning and it's not one of those where it thinks for a few seconds and then throws up the text, it immediately goes to it.
Still do not believe it's related to this particular fix (if they've put up the fix)
It's just another in a long line of MDE quirks

I'm an AP holder but won't be renewing for many reasons (all related to Disney, none to me). I still find every visit stressful even with an AP.

I didn't renew my AP and tagged out but then the Podcast announced the party and I was back in again. We went to Europe twice instead and it was much easier to plan than a WDW vacation. I would recommend a trip to DL if you want a less stressful Disney vacation. Staying at the GC and walking to the parks is heavenly.

We have to fly down which adds a layer of planning and commitment. There are so many beautiful parts of the USA we'd like to see but we'll wait until the pass lapses again.

the window for my june 5 to 11 trip is open and i made some fast passes. of course none of the sought after rides are available although i did get a SDMT for one day.
really will be rethinking renewing the AP this December. time will tell.

My 60-day window for a June stay opens tomorrow. Although I have another stay next weekend, the June stay should not be blocked due to the umbrella with additional guests on the June stay. I can test out the 7+ day limit tomorrow to see if that's been fixed (for stays further than 30 days out) as the two stays combined will be over that limit (I don't have any FPs scheduled for next week thanks to this stupid turn of events and wanting to preserve those for the June stay in case it's an issue - but happy to experiment once the June FPs are booked).

To piggyback on the multiple stay issue (that seems fixed), I do notice that I am unable to modify any resort stays and dining reservations in my plans. I do wonder if whatever they did to fix the FP issues caused an issue with modifications of reservations....

I can't modify or cancel ADRs or resort stays on the website either. Every time they try and fix something they seem to break something else!

I cannot cancel or modify ADR's either. I can book. I meant to book a reservation for breakfast at 8:45 of our stay but accidentally booked 8:45 pm. I couldn't cancel it. However, I could get on the App on my phone and cancel.

I also noticed same problems with canceling/modifying - similar as what has happened in the past. However, I don't recall the non-functionality lasting as long as it is today.

The page directs you to call for any changes, etc., which means that a CM also can review all of your FPs and cancel those that should be deleted, due to cancellation of an on-site stay.

I cannot cancel or modify ADR's either. I can book. I meant to book a reservation for breakfast at 8:45 of our stay but accidentally booked 8:45 pm. I couldn't cancel it. However, I could get on the App on my phone and cancel.
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't able to do it in the app earlier, but it let me now.

If it opens. The current issue is that the second window doesn’t open. So you have no access to the days.

One solution would be to add an extra profile (phantom, etc) to the second reservation. And use that profile to umbrella in the others. Doing this will invoke the 7 day rule, however.
it doesn't open because FP are booked. If no FP are booked, then it should open

Hopefully we aren't worried about that any longer. Apparently it is fixed.....we think? Correct?
We think. Who knows though. Seems every booking brings along something new. So far I've not seen someone say they couldn't book so I daresay thus far yes (quietly said)
MDE is nothing if not an adventure.
The current inability to alter reservations or ADR has got to be a temporary thing. This does happen periodically. I haven't a clue why but it is not at all unusual. The length is not even that odd. I've seen it last a day or two. That is the rarer length but not unheard of.
The mantra with MDE, with all aspects of it is, this too shall pass, given enough time (or enough web browsers to test it out on, LOL)

I'll believe it's fixed when I see multiple others post that their second stay windows are now open and they can book 7+ days between the two trips. I'd especially like to see confirmation from someone whose second stay is more than 30 days out.

I can't trust that it's not just me that can now get into my second stay, or that it's not some other glitch, or that it's related to both stays being within the 30 days, or that the stars just aligned somehow and it's a fluke.

Paranoid? Why yes, but Disney IT makes me that way. :-)
My second stay finally opened today as well (both in June). And I was able to book my 3 FPs on top of the 3 IT booked last week, so at least that’s “something” for my trouble. (At least until Disney cancels a set of them....)

I can thankfully report some good news this morning. As of last night I was affected by both the 7 day fastpass limit and the inability to see my additional trips on the fastpass calendar. This morning I logged on and could finally see my June trip and I am able to book fastpasses for every day that I have onsite reservations (with this exception of one day showing as all parks have concluded fastpass disbursement). This includes fastpasses for trips May 4-12, May 18-21, and June 14-17 for a total of 12 days of fastpasses. I had just called last night before discovering this thread and received the company line of 7 days max being the official policy regardless of being onsite, but that they agreed that it seemed unfair and had been having meetings regarding the issue and that the higher-ups were aware of the issues and agreed. After reading through this thread it seemed like that was more just a cover story, but hopefully I'm not an anomaly and the issue is now resolved for everyone.
Awesome news! I'm so glad to receive confirmation that they have fixed the second and third 60-day windows not opening. Thanks for reporting!

To piggyback on the multiple stay issue (that seems fixed), I do notice that I am unable to modify any resort stays and dining reservations in my plans. I do wonder if whatever they did to fix the FP issues caused an issue with modifications of reservations....
I have been unable to modify most of my resort reservations online for quite some time. Some I can, some I can't. And I have not been able to modify restaurant reservations in the app. We'll see if it's a glitch or an actual problem. Wouldn't surprise me if they make it a little harder to cancel reservations.

the window for my june 5 to 11 trip is open and i made some fast passes. of course none of the sought after rides are available although i did get a SDMT for one day.
really will be rethinking renewing the AP this December. time will tell.
Thanks for reporting. Glad to hear you were able to get 7DMT.

My 60-day window for a June stay opens tomorrow. Although I have another stay next weekend, the June stay should not be blocked due to the umbrella with additional guests on the June stay. I can test out the 7+ day limit tomorrow to see if that's been fixed (for stays further than 30 days out) as the two stays combined will be over that limit (I don't have any FPs scheduled for next week thanks to this stupid turn of events and wanting to preserve those for the June stay in case it's an issue - but happy to experiment once the June FPs are booked).
Yes, please test and report back.

I can't modify or cancel ADRs or resort stays on the website either. Every time they try and fix something they seem to break something else!
I've had some issues with this in the past. We'll see if it's a glitch or an actual problem.

Ya'll, pat yourselves on the back! All our emails and calls to Disney did it! It appears it's now fixed.

I updated the "What we know post" to reflect it is now fixed:

I have been unable to modify most of my resort reservations online for quite some time. Some I can, some I can't. And I have not been able to modify restaurant reservations in the app. We'll see if it's a glitch or an actual problem. Wouldn't surprise me if they make it a little harder to cancel reservations.

Certain types of reservations can’t be modified online — namely bounce back room only and basic packages (passholder room only with dining package). Regular room only ones (regardless of being rack or special rates) should always be modifiable online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts