Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unacceptable part of that conversation is the seven day limit. That is incorrect. The limit is length of stay or fourteen days, whichever is less. There is no way I’d accept seven days as my fast pass limit. When buying my ap I signed on for fast passes for my length of stay. This seven day thing is a work of fiction if you’re on site.

I agree. But also the CM's conflating an open FP window with an FP limit implies they do not understand how MDE works. Somehow we have grown to accept not to believe anything a phone CM says as "business as usual". It's a sad state of affairs.

My first stay is offsite (Swan), so I had been expecting the 7-day limit to be triggered by that stay and had led with "I'm only going to make one day of FPs for the first stay, so I should have 6 days of FPs available for the second stay, right?" to eliminate them being able to blame the second window not opening on being over 7 days. I thought that an offsite stay before an onsite stay has always triggered the 7-day limit?

So I have three upcoming stays 1 night 7/15, pre-conference onsite (then I go to my conference off-site), 1 night 7/18 post-conference, then a 4 night stay 8/8-8/12 for the DIS Party with my family. So, essentially 3 separate stays with 8 park days (7/15, 7/16, 7/18, 7/19, then 8/8-8/12). After reading as many pages as possible in the thread as I can... I'm just screwed if I make any FP for 7/15-7/16 right now, I'd be blocked out of the other two (without a long phone call)? Just want to be 100% clear before I add my confusion to the emails being sent!

To make it more confusing, my AP expires on 7/25 - so I need to renew along the way in here, which may or may not make the situation worse...

So - I emailed Kalogridis today - and I just got a call from Disney IT.

I now have FP's for ALL of my resort stay days May 7-11 and June 1-7. But - I can only control the 7 days I made on my own; the others are the times/attractions we set up on the phone. There was definitely no way he was going to override to get a FOP or SDD - but I got everything else I wanted. Note, I don't ride some of the biggies, so I think that made it easier.

The guy I talked to either (1) really didn't really know what the end result is going to be (either the system fixed or new public policies) or (2) he was really good at hiding what he knows.

My impression - I think Disney needs to know that 1) Passholders expect FPs for all on-site resort stay days just like regular ticket holders/onsite guests with the same 60 day window rules and (2) that on-site resort stay FPs need to not interfere with 7 days/30 day FP's not linked to resort stays.

So - I encourage folks to write. I live out of state and have to fly to FL - so an AP is NOT cheap. I'm spending a ton of money at Disney and to travel to Disney this year - and it makes no sense for Disney to undervalue the importance of FPs to Passholders. When I am traveling to spend that much money - I expect to be able to get 3 FP's for each day I am there. Maybe they need a new way to bucket them - maybe it's "84 days" per AP year - regardless of resort stay. But 7 days in a rolling 60 day window is not going to make folks happy.

I have two on-site resort trips just about 40 days apart later this year - I hope this is resolved before then!

So I have a split stay for a total of 12 days but only planning on going to the parks 9 days the last 2 weeks of June. Toying with idea of going for a 4 park day trip the 2nd week of August and have a trip booked for sept 13 thru 17. If I understand this - I will be able to make all the fast passes for June at the 60 day mark next week but I will limited to the number I can make at 60 days in I go in august and probably will be limited in sept. Or will I be good for Sept because the 60 day mark is after my June trip? AP holder and all 3 are resort stays

I just received an email from Disney about this. Here’s what they said...

“Disney is aware of the issue, it is expected to be resolved by next week and that Passholders may call the V.I.PASSHOLDER support line for additional assistance

V.I.PASSHOLDER Support between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week by calling (407) 939-7277 or by utilizing the chat and the email form”

*I’ll update this post with new information I receive.

“Disney is aware of the issue, it is expected to be resolved by next week and that Passholders may call the V.I.PASSHOLDER support line for additional assistance

V.I.PASSHOLDER Support between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week by calling (407) 939-7277 or by utilizing the chat and the email form”

This is good news! I won’t count my chickens before they hatch, but glad to hear this!

Thanks for sharing! Great news!

Thanks for the update and for reaching out to them (at least I am assuming you did if they emailed you specifically about it). Now let's hope they really do get this fixed and don't break anything else....

Last edited:
I have this exact issue - second trip window opened, but could only book one day (first trip is 8 days, but only made 7 days of FP, confirming that MDE counts the number of days from the first trip and simply ignores the number of days, but not the existence of the second trip). I sent an email on Monday night to george.kalogridis@disney.com at 10pm. At 10am on Tuesday I got a phone call from DVC guest relations (I am a DVC member and that was included in my email).

I had some resolution with a cast member earlier regarding manually booking FP to match up to others on the trip (also included in my email). She was very nice and offered some anytime FP for me to help with the fact that I wouldn't be able to 1. Add 4th or 5th FP on park days on my first trip, and 2. the FP on the second trip are non-modifiable. Which I think is a workaround and won't completely solve my issues, but it does sound like they are working on it.

When I explained that I had read about this issue and that I wasn't the only one (thanks to Dis) she did say that people should be emailing in - the more that do, the more attention it should receive, and it sounds like they are getting the message.

I don't think this is intentional - if it were, they would have changed the policy on the website. My reading of the policy (and I said this to the Cast Member on the phone) is that for every separate stay onsite (with space in between) AP holders should be allowed up to 14 days of FP. And that the language that is written in their policy is up for interpretation (is it 14 days of FP per 60 days? or is it 14 days per trip?) and that clarification is needed. She agreed...not sure if that goes anywhere.

At this point, for me, I think I've done about as much as I can do to be ready for the two. Will it be a little less than magical - probably, esp if I have to stand in line for guest services to get more FP on a park day (and explain it each time). Will it ruin the trip, no.

IT is great - when it works....

That is incorrect info.

If you enter a park with a valid ticket entitlement and use 3 pre-booked FPs, you’ll be able to book additional FPs one at a time for that same day.
I wouldn't be so sure, I know CMs have that issue with their guests passes if they have the maximum number of days booked they can't book additional same day FPs.

@hiroMYhero, do we know this for sure? I was able to see the next 30 days. I just couldn’t see my next window which was farther out than 30 days but within 60 days. Isn't the 30 day-window always open?

Also, not sure how having one guest without FP and without an earlier onsite trip will impact her second FP window. Maybe her window will be open because one of the guests does *not* have the earlier onsite trip? @DizFan13, please report back!
I will definitely report back. This is actually quite frustrating. What's the point of having APs if we can't look multiple trips throughout the year? We were hoping to sneak another one in, sometime in August before work starts back up for me, but I don't want to not be able to book FPs. I'm really hoping that if the system won't let me book tomorrow, I can call and find more helpful CMs than ArielSLR did.

I will definitely report back. This is actually quite frustrating. What's the point of having APs if we can't look multiple trips throughout the year? We were hoping to sneak another one in, sometime in August before work starts back up for me, but I don't want to not be able to book FPs. I'm really hoping that if the system won't let me book tomorrow, I can call and find more helpful CMs than ArielSLR did.
Ask for a supervisor if you don't, you are absolutely right, of you have an AP, you should be able to book multiple trips.

I wouldn't be so sure, I know CMs have that issue with their guests passes if they have the maximum number of days booked they can't book additional same day FPs.
The hard lock on the rolling FP window began in early March for every onsite guest.

If all these onsite guests were blocked from booking their 4th FPs and beyond, there would have been a multitude of threads and posts. Only those who were in the park when MDX was down noted a problem.

The hard lock on the rolling FP window began in early March for every onsite guest.

If all these onsite guests were blocked from booking their 4th FPs and beyond, there would have been a multitude of threads and posts. Only those who were in the park when MDX was down noted a problem.
What was the rolling fast pass window?

I am saying the issue may be with APs who have the maximum number of days booked.

I am saying the issue may be with APs who have the maximum number of days booked.
Every onsite guest in my previous post includes APs.

I use Guest Passes at WDW and Comps w/MaxPass at DLand and have never been blocked from booking additional same-day FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter