WARNING: few minutes late to ADR where they charge a no-show fee you may be charged

And BTW..... we were at the Poly the other night for a bit. I saw this MASSIVE line (maybe around 6 or 6:15) and wondered what the heck it was. So I went up to the front to read the sign which said "wait her for the next available hostess". It was indeed the line to check in. And it wasn't the start of the night. And it looked to be far longer than than the 15 minutes they tell you to arrive ahead of your ADR time.

Which line - right or left (as you look at the podium from entering from the monorail)? O'hana has started a line along the left side for stand-by diners (right side is for those with ADRs). It kind of looks like the line outside the hot nightclub with all the regular people waiting/hoping to get in.

Which line - right or left (as you look at the podium from entering from the monorail)? O'hana has started a line along the left side for stand-by diners (right side is for those with ADRs). It kind of looks like the line outside the hot nightclub with all the regular people waiting/hoping to get in.

I'm not that familiar with the layout at the Poly. The front of the line was near the elevators. So I'm guessing maybe I saw that standby line. I didn't even know they did that. Maybe they need a single diner line to fill in open spots at tables too! :lmao:

I was at 'Ohana on December 9. They moved the check-in podium to the RIGHT side, away from Kona. There were two divided lines, one for guests with reservations and one for guests without reservations. I was there too late to see what happens when they open and how they handle the two lines. At 8 PM there were few guests checking in.

Thank you for providing the contact number; I just had to use it.

Sunday morning we had reservations at 1900 Park Fare, while dining I noticed someone else's name on the ticket they set on our table. It was a very similar last name and I guess the check-in CM got confused and mixed up the tickets or something. Anyway, we alerted our waitress who then got the manager. He said he was correcting it and checking us in. I told him I didn't want to be charged the no show fee; and he assured me that we wouldn't since he was correcting it. I saw him do something on his computer/tablet he carries around. Still, I was leery and have been checking my charges; and sure enough this morning the $40 no show fee was charged. I just spent some time on the phone with a great CM getting it straightened out. What gets me is I have to wait 5-15 business days for the credit, but they debit it immediately!

Oh well. The CM was great and actually gave me her direct number to call her if I don't receive the refund by 1/13.

So as another warning, check that ticket they place on your table and make sure they didn't get confused at the check-in desk.

Sunday morning we had reservations at 1900 Park Fare, while dining I noticed someone else's name on the ticket they set on our table. It was a very similar last name and I guess the check-in CM got confused and mixed up the tickets or something. Anyway, we alerted our waitress who then got the manager. He said he was correcting it and checking us in. I told him I didn't want to be charged the no show fee; and he assured me that we wouldn't since he was correcting it. I saw him do something on his computer/tablet he carries around. Still, I was leery and have been checking my charges; and sure enough this morning the $40 no show fee was charged. I just spent some time on the phone with a great CM getting it straightened out. What gets me is I have to wait 5-15 business days for the credit, but they debit it immediately!

Oh well. The CM was great and actually gave me her direct number to call her if I don't receive the refund by 1/13.

So as another warning, check that ticket they place on your table and make sure they didn't get confused at the check-in desk.

They are so inept. I hope they process the refund accurately and quickly.

UGH!!!

And I thought the policy was ridiculous BEFORE it even went into effect.:mad:

But now there are just so many ways that we get screwed over even if we MAKE the ADR...

Thanks everyone for the warnings!!!

So either a family who actually had that ADR was turned away or they were a no show and didn't get charged. I hope some little girl who was looking forward to seeing the Princesses didn't get turned away 'cause they couldn't now find their ADR....

:headache: I don't understand why it takes so long for them to issue you the credit.

Wow! What a headache:headache:. You know sometimes I don't even see the slip they put down so I wouldn't even have any idea if they'd checked us in under someone elses name. Nervewracking!:sad2:

Yeah this policy is sooooo great:confused::confused3;):rolleyes1:rolleyes::mad::mad::headache:

Just wanted to update that Disney has now issued me the $40 refund for incorrectly charging me the no-show fee

Just wanted to update that Disney has now issued me the $40 refund for incorrectly charging me the no-show fee

I am glad you got your refund. Also, thank you for posting the heads up about being on the look out for this extra charge.

I am not paying for a taxi when I should have reliable transportation provided by disney, the same company that is providing my meal. Now, I agree that this is a good idea to keep people from double booking or just not coming to ADR but if you are a little (10-20mins) late because of the wonderful transportation system that is too much. If they will cancel the charge then ok but really sometimes people are late just like sometimes they can't sit you at a table at a reasonable time...:confused3 just saying.

This is the point most of us are arguing. It has been stated that unless it is a documented illness the fee will not be waived. So if your little one wakes up with a tummy bug and needs to just rest and maybe no food for 24 hours, you will be charged. If you take him to Urgent Care, and have a note they will waive the fee. I dont know about you but I dont need a doctor's visit for every little thing, but I do know that rest instead of traipsing to a restaurant is most likely the thing.

Just this past trip, was glad I didnt have an ADR that night, I was the one not feeling well, my chest felt really tight and I was coughing and had no voice. It was raining. The rest of the family was exhausted. We all stayed in and ordered pizza and went to bed early. This is what we needed, not to be running around trying to get to a meal. But if I had cancelled to get better I would have been charged $40.

It is extremely sad to me that WDW has decided to profit from the misfortune of people who: don't feel well, have WDW transportation issues, are stuck on broken down attractions, have flights that are running late, etc. It is an easy way to make more money, and it just seems greedy. The 24+ hour timeframe to cancel is ridiculous.

So I wonder, if I check in on time and then Disney makes me wait for 30 minutes before I am shown to my table, do I get to charge them $40 bucks for my valuable time?

I am not paying for a taxi when I should have reliable transportation provided by disney, the same company that is providing my meal. Now, I agree that this is a good idea to keep people from double booking or just not coming to ADR but if you are a little (10-20mins) late because of the wonderful transportation system that is too much. If they will cancel the charge then ok but really sometimes people are late just like sometimes they can't sit you at a table at a reasonable time...:confused3 just saying.

I agree with the poster who suggested that the no shows be done in a batch at the end of the day. That would take care of situations like this. If they are going to charge the fee for being a minute late, a person could be charged just because their watch may not be set exactly to the minute with the Disney computer system. There has to be a grace period of some sort or Disney's accounting department is going to get very tired of refunding fees.

As far as how long it takes to issue the credit, that time varies some depending on your bank. I did a refund for a guest at my place of business yesterday, to a debit card. It went to our processor last night and will be sent to their bank today. From this point on, it will be up to the bank how long that guest has to wait for their cash. I suggested they call their bank on Friday to get the ball rolling. I don't know how soon Disney enters the credits into their computer system, but if someone is talking to you on the phone and says they are doing it right then, I would start calling your bank about 48 hours later to see if they show the pending cash just sitting there.

It only seems to be a huge issue on debit cards. I know when Disney has done refunds to my cc, I can see the pending transaction the next morning and it clears that night. I don't have a debit card, so I've never used one there.

It is extremely sad to me that WDW has decided to profit from the misfortune of people who: don't feel well, have WDW transportation issues, are stuck on broken down attractions, have flights that are running late, etc. It is an easy way to make more money, and it just seems greedy. The 24+ hour timeframe to cancel is ridiculous.

Exactly, I do believe this has been a money making scheme from the start. I believe this was their original intent, to make up some money that is being lost. Since they are offering the free DDP promotion more and more, I believe this is a way to make up some of that money. Since the DDP price has gotten to be astronomically high, fewer people are paying for it. And fewer people will pay for it in the future as it still continues to go up.

Exactly, I do believe this has been a money making scheme from the start. I believe this was their original intent, to make up some money that is being lost. Since they are offering the free DDP promotion more and more, I believe this is a way to make up some of that money. Since the DDP price has gotten to be astronomically high, fewer people are paying for it. And fewer people will pay for it in the future as it still continues to go up.

And fewer people will be willing to purchase the plan (especially the deluxe version) knowing they will have a degree of financial exposure on all of the more desirable venues.

Where can I find a list of the restaurants that require this?

Nevermind... missed the sticky thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter