Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I've been traveling using Marriott for years. The best way to get the suite upgrade using your suite upgrades (not via bonvoy level), is AFTER booking. Put in the request for the suite upgrade and then call. Im using points for the Swan Reserve. I was hoping to get an upgrade based on my level, but I doubt it. Sometimes they send out a last second upgrade to a suite for a discount email. I'm watching for that too.

On thing that you can do, that starts to sound crazy, but it's pretty easy - is using the marriott website to book (not the app). And rather than using all the points on the room, upgrade the room to the suite you want so it's secure, and then pay with a points & cash combo. That feature is not on the app. That is one way to MAKE SURE you have exactly what you want at an awesome discount.

Last thing is, I don't think you need all your points in place to book. You'll need them by the deadline on the ressie, which is stated when you book. Don't hold me to that b/c they keep changing things. And it may not be available to new accounts, but I'd try.

If you make a habit of using the card for everything, you'll also accumulate free nights over the year as part of the spending comps on the card.

I've never stayed at the Swan Reserve before. Hoping it's nice and comfy.

Best of luck to you with booking.
Thanks so much! I did book in advance while I am "earning" the points.
I did also book on the website. But, I couldn't figure out how to "upgrade" the room to the suite. The only rooms available to me when I checked points/cash combo were basic rooms. But maybe I did something wrong. I will investigate your recommendation.

And, I did get an email about a free suite upgrade from Marriott Bonvoy, but of course it is not applicable to the Swan (or Dolphin or Reserve.) Frustrating.

I did also book on the website. But, I couldn't figure out how to "upgrade" the room to the suite. The only rooms available to me when I checked points/cash combo were basic rooms. But maybe I did something wrong. I will investigate your recommendation.

And, I did get an email about a free suite upgrade from Marriott Bonvoy, but of course it is not applicable to the Swan (or Dolphin or Reserve.) Frustrating.
Right now the dates I'm looking at I can't use points for the Swan Reserve...

Yeah, I have a ton of free night vouchers/ certificate things accumulated and couldn't use them there. I'm trying to pull together a trip in 2 weeks using only points and miles. Hahaha.

What are the transportation options and recommendations from Swolphin to the Magic Kingdom? (and back).

I didn't realize that the buses from Swan/Dolphin to MK go to TTC and not directly to MK, so would like to better understand if folks recommend that (and if so, ferry or monorail from TTC?) or walking to BW and taking the bus there. Which one is quicker overall?

As far as uber to contemporary.. I understand thats not an option to get there, but is it an option to come back?

i'm looking at 2 MK days. one as a rope drop (or at least before it opens to non-resort guests), and one a late arrival for fireworks and staying through the extra evening hours.

What are the transportation options and recommendations from Swolphin to the Magic Kingdom? (and back).

I didn't realize that the buses from Swan/Dolphin to MK go to TTC and not directly to MK, so would like to better understand if folks recommend that (and if so, ferry or monorail from TTC?) or walking to BW and taking the bus there. Which one is quicker overall?

As far as uber to contemporary.. I understand thats not an option to get there, but is it an option to come back?

i'm looking at 2 MK days. one as a rope drop (or at least before it opens to non-resort guests), and one a late arrival for fireworks and staying through the extra evening hours.
Faster to take Disney transport there. Either Yacht or BWI.

Idk on CR Uber for pickup.

Is there still luggage transfer between WDW hotels and S/D?

We are starting four trip at POR and then moving to Swan. In the past when we did this, our luggage was transferred- but wasn’t sure if it was still being offered?

With the reduced housekeeping, how does it work with respect to cleaning out trash and food (if we do room service or take out from the restaurants)? Do we leave in hallway or is there an area we can bring it to?

as far as towels and supplies, do we just call for them or ask at lobby for more?

That is not a very good endorsement lol. Tks!

I do wonder about those reviews sometimes. You folks here all seem to love the Swan/Dolphin, which isn’t consistent with some of those reviews you see on those sites like tripadvisor. Then you see reviews within the same time period that go from wonderful experiences to awful. I should have resisted the urge to go see reviews there as now I’m sort of waffling.

With the reduced housekeeping, how does it work with respect to cleaning out trash and food (if we do room service or take out from the restaurants)? Do we leave in hallway or is there an area we can bring it to?

as far as towels and supplies, do we just call for them or ask at lobby for more?
For my recent 2-night Reserve stay, housekeeping came. They took the trash, made the bed, and left water & coffee. I don't remember what was done in the bathroom, but I had plenty of towels. My first night I texted to ask for more water, and housekeeping brought some. I noticed trash & recycling containers near the elevators.

I do wonder about those reviews sometimes. You folks here all seem to love the Swan/Dolphin, which isn’t consistent with some of those reviews you see on those sites like tripadvisor. Then you see reviews within the same time period that go from wonderful experiences to awful. I should have resisted the urge to go see reviews there as now I’m sort of waffling.
People tend to not leave good reviews on those sites. I think they also didn't do their research before they stayed and were expecting something else. I tend to take them with a grain of salt. As for the Dolphin (haven't stayed in the Swan in years as I tend to stay at whichever one is less at the time I'm booking), I've stayed there twice since the before times, once in April solo and once in Sept. in a sort of semi-suite with my son, his SO and their baby. By and large I've had good experiences. Staff seemed o.k. for the most part, the worst experiences were the front desks which never seem to have enough people at them. My solo stay I was expecting no room cleaning and was told such at the front desk upon check in but they did come and make up the bed, empty the trash and change out the towels on day 2 or 3. My stay in Sept. I did have to text them to bring clean towels and more water because having a baby tends to mean messes but they were at the room within 10 min. of my texting. Both stays the room/s were clean upon arrival. I will be back at the Dolphin this upcoming April for 4 nights, split stay with two nights at ASMov. so it can't be all bad. I was there in Dec. and stayed at CSR but only because I could get it for $500 less than Dolphin.

We've had some inconsistent service at the Dolphin, which we've only ever stayed, but we love the hotel. The lobby bar has always been very relaxing with good service. Love the pool bar - actually prefer eating there than at the pool side eatery because the service is better. The inconsistent service is on the accommodation side. We stayed at the Dolphin 3 days after it open in November 2020 and the room we were given was obviously cleaned pre-covid so there were some issues. There was a luggage transportation issue but they had all new employees at BS and every one was being trained. When we moved on we decided to transport our own luggage and used the taxi service provided by the hotel. Town car to SSR $22 w/ tip = worth it.

Is there still luggage transfer between WDW hotels and S/D?

We are starting four trip at POR and then moving to Swan. In the past when we did this, our luggage was transferred- but wasn’t sure if it was still being offered?
Someone commented a few pages back in November:

Jedimike said:
Will bell services transfer luggage from a Disney resort (ie, Contemporary) over to the Swan Reserve? Vice Versa?
I was at Dolphin late October (few weeks ago) and the Polynesian transferred our luggage to the Dolphin. They said it would arrive later in the day, between 4-5 and it did.

I’ve stayed at the swan around ten times and I’m a titanium

ive never been upgraded on status

ive upgraded once to corner family room using snas

pros of swan
- proximity to epcot
- it’s a marriott
-cheaper than Disney hotel by a fair bit

cons of swan
- rooms are dated
- bathroom is tight
- almost impossible to get an upgrade
- parking is really far away

rooms were as clean as any other hotel. No worse and no better

i also recently over dec did a two night reserve stay. I loved the reserve
pros
- rooms are much bigger than swan
- upgraded were really easy with sna. I got awesome suite facing Epcot
- it’s new
- bathroom is very large and toilet isn’t right next to shower
- shower is a dedicated shower vs shower tub combo
- parking is 100% better and closer than compared to swan

cons
- growing pains, recommend you look past these
- a bit further to walk to Epcot or boat

if I ever go back to swan complex I will not hesitate to pay more for the reserve, well worth the extra couple of $

biggest con for entire swan dolphin complex
- it lacks Disney character inside. transport any of these hotels to middle America and you would not know they are Disney world hotels. I go to Disney for the immersion and although these hotels are easier on the wallet they are not and will never have the character of a Disney hotel. As such to me they are about saving money and being inside the Disney bubble. But if $ are no consequence I’d pick a Disney hotel over any swan dolphin hotel

pre covid I was also a rabid marriot point and status collector. Now I don’t care so much. The loyalty I had to Marriott is now gone. Now I prefer to pay for the experience I want vs compromising so I can get more marriot points/nights added to account

Last edited:
if we do room service
I've read that they place a plastic bag with the room service to be used for the dirty dishes, etc to be placed in the hallway for pickup.
reviews you see on those sites like tripadvisor.
Reviews on TA and most similar sites tend to be negative for any review of anything. People tend to take the time to complain as opposed to compliment.

Hi everyone! We are excited for our first stay at the Swan in February! For some reason the search function isn’t working — I am wondering if you can request a microwave for your room? We have multiple food allergies so being able to prepare some quick food in the room would be really helpful!

Hi everyone! We are excited for our first stay at the Swan in February! For some reason the search function isn’t working — I am wondering if you can request a microwave for your room? We have multiple food allergies so being able to prepare some quick food in the room would be really helpful!
I do not believe so and you might be told to use the public microwave at the quick service area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter