Walk to Universal

mwb826

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have suggestions for a hotel that is in walking distance to Universal? Trying to plan a long weekend birthday trip for my almost 10 year old son. I am not familiar with Universal at all, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for the great advice I have already received by reading these boards.

We stayed at Sheraton Studio City last year when we to Universal for a long weekend. We walked to Universal everyday, and it usually took about 10-15 minutes. I think there Homewood Suites in the area that is within walking distance as well.

You can't go wrong with the US hotels-they are walking distance (RP is closest) and you get front of the line entrance to all rides with your room pass.

Besides onsite hotels, there are a few other options.

There is a Country Inn and Suites on Universal Blvd., as well as a Quality inn at the intersection of Universal and Sandlake Blvd.

You would have to walk up Universal Blvd, which is fairly busy. You will walk over a pathway/bridge that is over I4. If that bothers you, don't do it. You would basically walk near the parking garage. I guess you would have to walk into the garage and take the elevators to the walkways in Citywalk.

We stayed at the Quality (well it was a Hampton Inn then) and while we didn't walk, we saw others with older kids/teens that did do so.

Here is the link to the Universal resorts board:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75

If you can stay one night onsite at Universal, it allows you two full days of front of the line (FOTL) access. Even if your room is not ready when you arrive, they will give you a card that gives you FOTL privleges until the parks close on the day you check out. Your son will love it.

There is also a Holiday Inn near Universal. I know that they sometimes have good Entertainment Card rates, if you have an Entertainment Card. You might try looking at the Holiday Inn website. It would be quite a walk to the parks though. If at all possible I would try to stay onsite...at least for one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter