Waldorf-Astoria WOW!!

plutolovr

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a fairly impromptu trip to Disney World to see my DD and for my son to do some job hunting himself. My DH travels weekly for business and stays at Hiltons. I can get a 50% discount at Disney hotels because I'm a TA and I can also get 40 to 50% off because my DD is a CM, but I decided to be cheap and see if we could get something at the Hilton Bonnet Creek using my DH's Hilton points. There were no rooms available using points at the Hilton but the Waldorf came up as available.

I booked 6 nights in a Deluxe double room (50,000 points per night). My son and I were going to be there from Mon to Thur and my DH arrived Thur night and we stayed until Sunday. After we booked the room my DH called the hotel and spoke with the manager to see if there was any way we could get an upgrade to a King Deluxe Suite, the manager said to call the night before we arrive.

My DH called on Sunday night and found out we were already upgraded (My DH is Diamond with Hilton which I believed helped). It was great because my son is 23 and I wasn't too keen on sharing a room with him.

Our suite was on the 15th floor and had a full view of the pool, golf course and most of Disney World. It was fabulous. Everyone was amazing and the resort grounds were gorgeous. The only negative I would say was that on the first night they came for turn down service after 9pm and on Saturday our room wasn't made up until around 3pm, but I understand that due to the amount of people that check-out on Saturdays.

I loved the pool boys who came around and covered our chairs and brought our towels, we were truly spoiled. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I had a car, but my son took it for the day to do some job hunting and I used the shuttle bus with no problems.

We just booked at the Waldorf Astoria so hopefully we have a positive experience. My friend was there a couple months back and recommended I book there he said it was gorgeous and the service was fantastic.

I booked a room at CBR, but anm considering "upgrading" to the Waldorf if Disney doesn't offer a room only discount.

My son will be 2 at the time.

Can a kid in swim diapers use the lazy river? How often are the park shuttles, and where do they drop you off?

Thanks in advance!

Great to know. We have always had wonderful luck with Waldorf-Astoria resorts. We are considering this property for our upcoming Disney trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter