Waiting for Boardwalk points

Just curious as to why someone would purchase points direct at $115 when the resale market for BWV is around $95 / pt for smaller contracts?

I'm fairly new to this and did buy resale, and am under the impression that the perks to buying from Disney are not worth the extra $. What am I missing?

Just curious as to why someone would purchase points direct at $115 when the resale market for BWV is around $95 / pt for smaller contracts?

I'm fairly new to this and did buy resale, and am under the impression that the perks to buying from Disney are not worth the extra $. What am I missing?

There were incentives offered for BWV in Feb/Mar, when most people on this post got on the wait list. I purchased two 50 point contracts direct, after being on the wait list a few months. It might have taken me years to find similar contracts on resale - it's hard to find small contracts (especially for a specific use year). I got:

$1000 credit/discount on 100 points
2 5-day park hoppers which I converted to annual passes, worth $636
Loaded contracts, not stripped like most resale
6 months no-interest on my Disney Visa - basically a free 6 month loan
$100 Disney Visa Rewards on the purchase
Much lower closing cost ($200) and no broker fees
No waiting, no fuss, points loaded instantly (before the contract was even signed)

I had been watching resales for 18 months and never saw what I wanted, so I'm happy with my direct buy.

I'm so glad I bought my 100 pt. BWV contract through resale in 2006.

To the OP, you will absolutely adore owning at the Boardwalk!!

Here's some pixie dust for you.pixiedust:

I got my 100 point BW contract via resale in March for $65/pt. resale was the way to go for us!

For the $ you are willing to spend for a direct and the time you have spent on the waitlist, you might try a resale :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter