Wait, what? We Drank Four Pitchers Not Five! Feb. 2011 TR - Update 9/6 Pg. 20

Harry Potter day! Woo hoo!

I did not mess around this morning. There was no way that I was going to be late getting to Islands of Adventure. I wanted to be out the door at 8am, no questions asked.

Jason seemed to be feeling better, so I was hopeful. We were up and our by 8am, right on schedule. But I was bummed. The new shirt that I had bought from TrenD and wanted to wear had a hole in it! I was going to take it back, but I hadn't decided if I was going to exchange it or return it. I mean, seriously, if it ripped that easy.......

So I had the GPS on my phone ready to go. See, I know it's fairly easy to get to Universal from Disney, but when I'm in places that I'm not familiar with, I like to err on the side of caution. So I'm in the car, destination plugged in as Universal Orlando. And where does the GPS take me? Yes, we were on Universal Boulevard. No, we didn't end up at Universal. We're driving down the road and I'm like:

"This does not look right....."

"I know, it looks weird."

"Oh my god, the GPS is saying we're here......but we're on a side road in the middle of nowhere...."

So I turned around. Has anyone noticed before that some stuff is not clearly marked when going to Universal? I mean, Disney is all in your face. Ginormous signs....

YOU WILL BE AT DISNEY IN 2,348 MILES......2,347 MILES.....2,346 MILES...

You get my point. Just sayin'. Universal, could you make your signs a touch larger?

So we finally make it in. I headed over to valet park. That's the one nice perk with the premier annual pass. Free valet. Woo hoo!

It's right by the entrance too. No need to go down those uber long corridors to get to City Walk.

I headed to customer service to pick up my pass. It was a bit colder then we had anticipated. The forecast had said it would get up to about 65. Well, it was much colder than that. I thought I was adequately prepared with my long sleeves, but I so was not. However, we both sucked it up and moved on.

CIMG3756.jpg

CIMG3757.jpg

We started heading the same direction everyone else did. That was to Hogsmeade. And I know, I'm bad, I didn't get a picture of the sign! I think I was too excited....

The theming here is great! Very well done I must say. Our first stop was the Forbidden Journey.

CIMG3758.jpg

CIMG3759.jpg

CIMG3760.jpg

CIMG3761.jpg

The wait time was posted at 10 minutes. Definitely not going to complain about that. And I was stoked that I didn't have to wait to long! We got in line with an elderly couple in front of us. Both of them were having a really hard time seeing inside the castle and I had to help the gentlemen. I was a little nervous about them, I'm not gonna lie. I was hoping they knew what they were getting into with the ride.

There are no pictures of the inside this time around, because I wanted to know how the ride was before I tried to smuggle in my camera.

Well, I didn't realize that the ride uses moving walkways to get into the car (kind of like the Omnimover's at Disney). Oh my god, I was freaking out here, because both of the elderly couple almost took a dive! Whew! However, it was okay, so the crisis was averted.

Okay, so here is where I'm going to admit, I surprised myself. I'm not normally a pansy. But what I am going to say about the ride, is that things get in your face. I mean, spitting distance. I'm riding and I'm thinking.

"Oh my god, if you're too tall, you'll totally kick something."

Dragon.......spider.......Harry's face........:wizard:

So there is a part here that played on my biggest fear.

Spiders.......why did it have to be spiders.........

And I closed.......my..........eyes........

It's a sad sad day for me to admit it. Danielle, theme park extraordinaire, fearless risk taker, fearless ride rider, closed her eyes on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

I plead the fifth and would just like to say that it was an involuntary reaction. Completely.

So I told Jason that after we got off the ride, and he totally called me out!

Whatever. See if I take you anywhere anymore!

After this, we explored Hogsmeade a little bit.

CIMG3762.jpg

CIMG3763.jpg

CIMG3764.jpg

CIMG3766.jpg

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1250.jpg

CIMG3767.jpg

CIMG3768.jpg

DSCN1251.jpg

The shops here, are......freakin'......tiny!

I understand the logic to make it seem more like the real Hogsmeade, but seriously. I would hate to see what would happen when it's really crowded. It wasn't crowded and I was goosed, bumped, prodded, and smelled some odors that I really didn't want to.

Deodorant people. Remember deodorant when going to Harry Potter. Just sayin'. Give peace a chance and let my nostrils be free.

CIMG3769.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

CIMG3770.jpg

CIMG3771.jpg

CIMG3773.jpg

Okay seriously, who wouldn't want these?

CIMG3774.jpg

I almost bought a pygmy puff.

CIMG3777.jpg

CIMG3778.jpg

Up next: Wait, that one breakfast cost HOW MUCH?!

Is the Harry Potter ride the dueling dragons roller coaster?

You are funny...I remember smuggling my camcorder on Aerosmith and wond it around my hand so it wouldn't fall and taped the entire ride. The only problem was this was before digital and I can't edit out my swearing!! :lmao:

Cheryl

Is the Harry Potter ride the dueling dragons roller coaster?

You are funny...I remember smuggling my camcorder on Aerosmith and wond it around my hand so it wouldn't fall and taped the entire ride. The only problem was this was before digital and I can't edit out my swearing!! :lmao:

Cheryl

Nope, the Forbidden Journey is inside Hogwarts. It's like a hybrid dark ride with movie projection as well. Hard to describe, but you have to experience it! It's great.

We smuggled the camera in the next time. I was more concerned with the camera coming out of my pocket more than anything else. However, I would love to see your video! :lmao: They're always best when you can't edit them.

I cannot belive they have Mickey treads on the tyres! that is cool! glad you at least had entertaiment during your long wait, that cheese man looked to be good value!!!

So you closed your eyes, boohoo, loads of people aren't brave enough to ride it and I bet loads of people keep their eyes closed for the duration, I totally kno0w what you mean though, it was very in your face! did you enjoy it overall? I really liked it! and would queue 2 hours to ride it, but walking on was so sweet!

You took so many forbidden journey pictures, haha!!!

I know exactly what you mean by being pseudo-mom. I have two younger siblings and I have been pseudo-mom for as long as I remember. Especially when the 3 of us were at WDW for our first time when I was only 17yrs old. It was a constant slew of, "Stay close! Walk faster! Did you remember your camera? Where are your park tickets? Do you REALLY need to buy that?"

I would close my eyes during the spider parts too. Heck, I can't even look at that huge dinosaur at the end of Dinosaur! I also closed my eyes on ITTBAB. I think of myself as a thrill-seeker too. Ain't no shame, girl! Bugs are scary!

I cannot belive they have Mickey treads on the tyres! that is cool! glad you at least had entertaiment during your long wait, that cheese man looked to be good value!!!

So you closed your eyes, boohoo, loads of people aren't brave enough to ride it and I bet loads of people keep their eyes closed for the duration, I totally kno0w what you mean though, it was very in your face! did you enjoy it overall? I really liked it! and would queue 2 hours to ride it, but walking on was so sweet!

I did like the ride very much. It was so different than anything I have ever been on before.

You took so many forbidden journey pictures, haha!!!

I know exactly what you mean by being pseudo-mom. I have two younger siblings and I have been pseudo-mom for as long as I remember. Especially when the 3 of us were at WDW for our first time when I was only 17yrs old. It was a constant slew of, "Stay close! Walk faster! Did you remember your camera? Where are your park tickets? Do you REALLY need to buy that?"

I would close my eyes during the spider parts too. Heck, I can't even look at that huge dinosaur at the end of Dinosaur! I also closed my eyes on ITTBAB. I think of myself as a thrill-seeker too. Ain't no shame, girl! Bugs are scary!

Oh my god, I'm so with you on Dinosaur! For a long time, I couldn't look at that part either. I think it's the mixture of it being so loud and it getting so close to you face!

And you are so right. Bugs are scary!

nice pics!!! My bro was talking about the moving sidewalk last night! I guess when he was there the other day he was to be off by 6 and no one came to bump him so he was stuck on the moving walkway but got 1.5 hr of OT!!

Glad you liked the ride!

nice pics!!! My bro was talking about the moving sidewalk last night! I guess when he was there the other day he was to be off by 6 and no one came to bump him so he was stuck on the moving walkway but got 1.5 hr of OT!!

Glad you liked the ride!

Yeah, I don't know what I was expecting when I got on the ride, but it definitely wasn't the moving walkway. I wouldn't mind working at one of those rides though. It would be a surefire way to keep in shape!

Okay, first... beer, superbowl, Aaron Rodgers? Seriously? How did I miss this TR so far?

Secondly, to answer your question, when it is really crowded, you wait in line for FJ for 3 hrs, and you look at the 45 minute lines to enter the shops and shrug your shoulders declare it "not worth it" and have another butter beer :laughing: Basically it is NOT FUN at all when it is crowded.

Loving the TR, now that I actually found it :rotfl:

Okay, first... beer, superbowl, Aaron Rodgers? Seriously? How did I miss this TR so far?

Secondly, to answer your question, when it is really crowded, you wait in line for FJ for 3 hrs, and you look at the 45 minute lines to enter the shops and shrug your shoulders declare it "not worth it" and have another butter beer :laughing: Basically it is NOT FUN at all when it is crowded.

Loving the TR, now that I actually found it :rotfl:

:welcome:

No worries on not finding the report sooner!

Yeah, I could absolutely understand that it would not be worth it if it was that crowded! That's was my reasoning behind picking the time of year that we decided to visit.

Can't believe the top you bought ripped so easily - at least you were still in Disney so could get an exchange/return! :eek: on getting lost on the way to IOA - am glad you managed to find it in the end.

Love all the pics of WWoHP - can't wait to see it for myself! I had to reread the bit where you said you closed your eyes on Forbiddon Journey! Can't believe you did that after riding all the coasters at Disney World :lmao:

Had never realised the shops at WWoHP are small - thanks for the tip and will def be taking my deodrant with me! Love Honeydukes - am just worried that I'm going to want to buy everything in that shop! :laughing:

awesome pictures. Can't wait to experience it in January with you:cool1::banana:

It's going to be fun. I think you guys will love it!

Can't believe the top you bought ripped so easily - at least you were still in Disney so could get an exchange/return! :eek: on getting lost on the way to IOA - am glad you managed to find it in the end.

Love all the pics of WWoHP - can't wait to see it for myself! I had to reread the bit where you said you closed your eyes on Forbiddon Journey! Can't believe you did that after riding all the coasters at Disney World :lmao:

Had never realised the shops at WWoHP are small - thanks for the tip and will def be taking my deodrant with me! Love Honeydukes - am just worried that I'm going to want to buy everything in that shop! :laughing:

I think the hole was already in it, likely from where the sensor was placed. I just thought maybe the shirt was a little flimsy, so I didn't want to chance it again.

You're going to love seeing it there yourself! The theming in the Harry Potter area is amazing. Really great to see.

Yeah, I couldn't believe I closed my eyes myself. But it played on my biggest fear, so I'm going to use that as a crutch! :lmao:

Joining in!!! What a fabulous TR!! I LOVE your Super Bowl update!!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!!! It sounds like you were also having a great time at Universal!! One of these days we have to get over there!! We love Harry Potter!!!

Joining in!!! What a fabulous TR!! I LOVE your Super Bowl update!!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!!! It sounds like you were also having a great time at Universal!! One of these days we have to get over there!! We love Harry Potter!!!

:welcome:

Glad that you're here!

We did have a great time, and it was a lot of fun. Universal is definitely worth visiting. It's not a multi-day park, unless you go when it's really crowded, but it's worth a visit, especially for Harry Potter.

YAY Harry Potter! That's awesome you didn't have to wait too long for FJ. It is an awesome ride. I almost chickened out but am so glad I went on.

I hear ya on the shops too. Sooo small! I remember going in one of them and thinking I feel bad for the people who work there. It was annoying enough trying to get around in them!

YAY Harry Potter! That's awesome you didn't have to wait too long for FJ. It is an awesome ride. I almost chickened out but am so glad I went on.

I hear ya on the shops too. Sooo small! I remember going in one of them and thinking I feel bad for the people who work there. It was annoying enough trying to get around in them!

Yeah, Jason and I were in one, and then all of a sudden, BAM, there were people everywhere! I am slightly weird when it comes to wall to wall people in small spaces, so I had a little mini panic attack. But, I just calmly walked outside. No way I could work in one of them, no way. Unless I was allowed to stay behind my register at all times.

Hi Danielle,

You don't by chance have a Tom Tom GPS. We had the same problem in that our GPS took us someplace that was definitely not Universal. :confused3
I ended up using my cell phone GPS to get us there. We bought the Tom Tom just before the trip and I ended up returning it when we got home. It mystified us a few times on the trip.

What were you thinking fessing up to Jason that you closed you eyes? No good could come from that. The in-your-face aspects of the ride did not actually bother me it was the motion sickness effects that had a little bit of an impact on me. It was not awful but most of our group felt the effects afterwards.

Hi Danielle,

You don't by chance have a Tom Tom GPS. We had the same problem in that our GPS took us someplace that was definitely not Universal. :confused3
I ended up using my cell phone GPS to get us there. We bought the Tom Tom just before the trip and I ended up returning it when we got home. It mystified us a few times on the trip.

What were you thinking fessing up to Jason that you closed you eyes? No good could come from that. The in-your-face aspects of the ride did not actually bother me it was the motion sickness effects that had a little bit of an impact on me. It was not awful but most of our group felt the effects afterwards.

It's not a Tom Tom, it was the app on my iPhone that I downloaded. Worked like a charm in Texas on my business trip, so who knows!

Yeah, I have diarrhea of the mouth syndrome. I just say whatever comes to mind, and then I'm like "dang it!"

I'm like the opposite of you, I have no problems with motion sickness (normally), but the in your face parts just kind of took me by surprise. It was really just the spiders mostly. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter