Wait, what? We Drank Four Pitchers Not Five! Feb. 2011 TR - Update 9/6 Pg. 20

hahaha sounds like you had a memorable Super Bowl in more ways than one! :lmao: That's cool for the most part everyone was gracious except the one guy. Guess there's always going to be someone like that.

I like the girl in the background of the picture of your brother...looks like she had had enough. LOL!

YAY Packers! I'm still so jealous you were there.

Yeah, it was pretty memorable! I'm so glad that we were there for it.

I just looked at that picture you mentioned, and you're so right! She was a Steelers fans, so I think she was just done.....:rotfl:

Hi, I'm all caught up and loving your trip report!

That was a lot of pitchers! and a sneaky shot too! but sounds like you had a great day/evening made much sweeter by victory I'm sure! That was very kind of you to go and speak with the other team, and boo to your man for being a poor sport! we have watched gaelic games in the irish bar on i drive and loved the atmosphere, I am hoping to get DBF a NFL vest/shirt for our next trip, he would prob like something with an irish connection, any ideas? :idea:

The pictures from Expedition Everest are hilarious, combined wiith your storytelling and the facial expressions being pulled:lmao: I was having a good laugh reading thru it!

and thanks for the great earl of sandwich pic's! looking forward to reading more!:goodvibes

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything NFL with an Irish connection. Only college football (Notre Dame).

Glad you liked my Everest storytelling. I didn't plan the pictures that way, but when I started posting them, it was what came to be. :lmao:

Having such a great time reading your reviews, my DH is wondering whats going on because I keep bursting out laughing:rotfl2

sounds like a fun superbowl. um slow down with the beer maybe. :rotfl2:

I don't watch so I would have been in a park. :lmao:

glad u had fun.

I'm here!!! All caught up! finally.
MY computer took a #$@% but i am up and running again.
Great so far!:thumbsup2
popcorn::

KIM

Wow, Super Bowl at Disney? Well, I'm afraid I'd have been one of those bitter people - at least for about 2 hours after the game. Then I just reminded myself that the Steelers have so many trophies they need to spread the love. :)

But if a waitress had spilled coffee all over me and my bro? We'd be getting at LEAST one pitcher free!

sounds like a fun superbowl. um slow down with the beer maybe. :rotfl2:

I don't watch so I would have been in a park. :lmao:

glad u had fun.

Seriously, under most circumstances, I would have been in a park too! But, I wanted to make the bro happy, plus it was my team so.....

Yeah, the beer was just a little much....just a little....:rotfl:

I'm here!!! All caught up! finally.
MY computer took a #$@% but i am up and running again.
Great so far!:thumbsup2
popcorn::

KIM

:welcome:

Man, I hate it when computers do that! Glad you're here though.

Wow, Super Bowl at Disney? Well, I'm afraid I'd have been one of those bitter people - at least for about 2 hours after the game. Then I just reminded myself that the Steelers have so many trophies they need to spread the love. :)

But if a waitress had spilled coffee all over me and my bro? We'd be getting at LEAST one pitcher free!

Exactly! They need to spread the love. I wouldn't have been bitter if the Packers lost though, the Steelers are a great team. :goodvibes

Yeah, I was just so shocked when the spillage occurred, I didn't know what to say. I had no issues though, nothing of mine was stained. Jason on the other hand. The funny thing is, the server totally blamed the lady at our table for it happening! Because she threw her hands up in the air. It was so busy and crowded in there, I just didn't feel like making an issue out of it.

This is what I like to call my ode to beer.

Beer. You are always there when I need you.
Beer. You are always there when I don't.
Beer. You sometimes make me feel like doo doo.
But give you up? I know I won't.

I tell this to myself often. Especially after having a night like superbowl night.

Have you ever felt like there was a little gnome in your head, banging on your brain incessantly? This is how I felt on this morning. I am a strange drunk. Unlike most people, who would generally just sleep, drinking excessively makes me get up early. There is definitely something wrong with me. I attribute it to the fact that I'm 1/2 Belgian, and that beer is supposed to be our lifesource. I mean, Belgian's drink beer with every meal. If you can't get up in the morning after drinking the night before, you are not worthy of being called Belgian.

So I got up, at about 7:30am. Jason on the other hand? His Belgian 1/2 is not quite so prominent. He was sawing a log. So, I got ready, and pushed it to the last minute to wake him up. After he got up, I was tabulating our spending from the day before.

So I pull the receipt for the ESPN Club out of my wallet, and look at it. I mean, really look at it this time, instead of signing something that looks like heiroglyphic characters.

I look at it.....and look at it again. And shout to Jason.

"How many pitchers of beer did we drink?"

"Four."

"I thought so. You're sure not five?"

"I'm sure not five. We drank four."

"Well, we were charged for five."

Hence, the title of my trip report. Yes, the server who spilled coffee on us and blamed it on our tablemate, charged us for a pitcher of beer that we indeed did not consume. Unless both Jason and I were even more inebriated then we thought, and we just didn't remember. But I highly doubt that.

So now, I have a dilemma. Because I'm putting myself in the ESPN Club's shoes. So imagine this chick comes into your restaurant and says, (and please insert valley girl inflection here). "Um, like, excuse me? Yeah, so I like totally looked at this receipt this morning, and um, like, my brother and I only drank four pitchers of beer between the two of us, not five. Yeah, and like you totally charged us for five." Because honestly, I truly feel that this is how any individual I said this to would hear me. If I went into the ESPN Club and tried to get this reversed, they would seriously look at me like I was completely wackadoo. This drunky McDrunkerson trying to come in here and tell me that between two of them, they INSIST they only drank four pitchers of beer? Rrrrrriiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhttttttt.

So, I told Jason, whatever, I'm not going to bother with it. Plus, that little gnome in my brain was starting to use a jackhammer, and I really didn't want to deal with it. So instead, I took aspirin, and forgot about it. :headache:

Jason and I had a lunch reservation at the Rose and Crown at 1:30pm. However, now that the Packers won the Superbowl, we wanted to be at the Magic Kingdom for the parade with Aaron Rodgers. I suggested to Jason that I could get a reservation for earlier, but he said he wasn't really feeling the greatest, and would rather just wing it. This will play into everything later on.

So we were missing our reservation at the Rose and Crown. That's okay. I had enough beer the night before. I wouldn't want to go there without having a flight.....

We kept our original plan and went to Epcot. We managed to make it out of the room at about 9:30ish. Pretty impressive I thought.

As we walked through our super secret Epcot entrance, I saw something I had never seen before.

CIMG3711.jpg

These guys were totally fishing in the World Showcase Lagoon. :scared1: Weird. Just totally weird.

Jason and I headed over to the Land. We were getting fastpasses for Soarin' and breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. There was absolutely no one in line for fastpasses, so that was quick.

We got a good return time.

CIMG3714.jpg

After that, we headed over to get our breakfast. We both got breakfast platters.

CIMG3712.jpg

This was a huge mistake. I was not hungry enough to eat the whole thing. Plus, this was the beginning of problems for Jason. He was having all kinds of problems with his acid reflux and heartburn, plus his esophagus was in pain, making it very difficult for him to swallow. :guilty: I felt pretty bad. He also left a lot of his medication in the room. He said not to worry about it, and that he would just stick it out.

The Yeti was still passed out from the night before.

CIMG3713.jpg

I was glad, because he was so much trouble the day before.

We waited for a little while and it was time for our ride.

CIMG3715.jpg

Our ride was good as always. Our next stop after this was.

CIMG3716.jpg

Jason hadn't seen this in forever, so he was ready. He said that after he watched it, he had actually remembered the whole thing from before, so he said it was fun for a blast from the past.

At this point, I realized that I had also forgotten my sunglasses in the room, and it was getting really sunny (and let's say that this was the only really sunny day we had). Jason still wasn't feeling well, so I made the executive decision that we walk back to the room, get his medication, and I could get my sunglasses. Not what I had planned, but oh well. We got back to the hotel, and picked up everything we needed. We figured that at this time, we would start heading to our next destination.

Up Next: Aaron Rodgers. *sigh* :love:

Great post Danielle.

Beer. You are always there when I need you.
Beer. You are always there when I don't.
Beer. You sometimes make me feel like doo doo.
But give you up? I know I won't.
That is classic. :rotfl2:

The fact that you were able to get moving so early after the previous night is a marvel.

This had me laughing out loud
So I pull the receipt for the ESPN Club out of my wallet, and look at it. I mean, really look at it this time, instead of signing something that looks like heiroglyphic characters.

I agree you were not going to come across well on that pitcher conundrum. too funny. It was a no win situation but I thought there were three of you there doing the damage not two. The Yeti seemed to be hurting the next day so he must have helped :)

Great post Danielle.

That is classic. :rotfl2:

The fact that you were able to get moving so early after the previous night is a marvel.

This had me laughing out loud

I agree you were not going to come across well on that pitcher conundrum. too funny. It was a no win situation but I thought there were three of you there doing the damage not two. The Yeti seemed to be hurting the next day so he must have helped :)

Thanks! I've kind of set myself up as being funny, so I feel like I have to keep the momentum going somehow....

I'm not kidding when I say that I always get up early when I've been drinking. 6am, 7am, somewhere along there.

You know, you're right. I completely forgot about the Yeti! I think that I was obviously drinking too much if I forgot that. Little bugger! :laughing:

The beginning of your new post had me laughing out loud aswell! Also wow on being able to get up so early after you had those pitchers the night before...would not be able to do that on a normal day!

The same thought came into my head...there were three of you at the Superbowl so my guess is that the yeti had the fifth pitcher whilst you and your brother were not looking, hence the reason he was still passed out in the morning!

You will have to make sure to leave the Yeti home next time. What a sneaky one to drink a whole fifth pitcher and not let you know. Good thing you didn't go back and complain. Would have been very embarrassing to be told that the Yeti ordered the fifth one :rotfl:

This is what I like to call my ode to beer.

There is definitely something wrong with me. I attribute it to the fact that I'm 1/2 Belgian, and that beer is supposed to be our lifesource. I mean, Belgian's drink beer with every meal. If you can't get up in the morning after drinking the night before, you are not worthy of being called Belgian.

I made sure to raise you as Belgian as possible:drinking1. It is kind of hard when you have a dad who is a heinz 57 :rotfl::laughing::laughing:

The beginning of your new post had me laughing out loud aswell! Also wow on being able to get up so early after you had those pitchers the night before...would not be able to do that on a normal day!

The same thought came into my head...there were three of you at the Superbowl so my guess is that the yeti had the fifth pitcher whilst you and your brother were not looking, hence the reason he was still passed out in the morning!

See? This is why I am leaving the Yeti at home the next trip!

You will have to make sure to leave the Yeti home next time. What a sneaky one to drink a whole fifth pitcher and not let you know. Good thing you didn't go back and complain. Would have been very embarrassing to be told that the Yeti ordered the fifth one :rotfl:

Thta must have been it. How would you explain that to a restaurant? No wonder he passed out. That's a lot of beer for a little Yeti.

I made sure to raise you as Belgian as possible:drinking1. It is kind of hard when you have a dad who is a heinz 57 :rotfl::laughing::laughing:

I am very appreciative of that. As for the other 1/2, well, you can't have everything.....

Love your TR. :dance3:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

LOL, great update! I don't think I could ever drink that much in Disney, if I'm hungover, there's no way I'm going to a park and I'd be SO mad missing out on park time because of that! :rotfl:

That's so weird, people fishing in WS Lagoon...:confused3 Never seen that before! :rotfl2:

Im getting caught up! I don't know how I missed your Super Bowl post but holy cow!! Sounds like a fun time for sure! I bet you were super duper glad you were staying at BWI!

Sounds like a good start to the day! When the Steelers won in 2009, we were at the Poly and went to MK the next day to see the parade!!

WHAT??? I can't believe I never knew you had a PTR/TR going!

Well, Danielle, I'm here and ready to rock! Brb while I catch up!

LOL, great update! I don't think I could ever drink that much in Disney, if I'm hungover, there's no way I'm going to a park and I'd be SO mad missing out on park time because of that! :rotfl:

That's so weird, people fishing in WS Lagoon...:confused3 Never seen that before! :rotfl2:

LOL. Yeah, being hungover at Disney is a little bit of a drag, but we were still riding high from the Pack winning the Superbowl, so we were okay.

Im getting caught up! I don't know how I missed your Super Bowl post but holy cow!! Sounds like a fun time for sure! I bet you were super duper glad you were staying at BWI!

Sounds like a good start to the day! When the Steelers won in 2009, we were at the Poly and went to MK the next day to see the parade!!

We were so fortunate to be at the Boardwalk. Made things much easier for sure!

WHAT??? I can't believe I never knew you had a PTR/TR going!

Well, Danielle, I'm here and ready to rock! Brb while I catch up!

:welcome:

Thanks for joining Yuki!

So we last left us having to take a trip back to the hotel to pick up things left behind.

I'm like a pseudo-mom. When mom isn't around, all of the men in my family suddenly want me to remember everything for them. Every day, the conversation between Jason and I went something like this...

"Do you have your medication?"

"Um...."

"Do you have your inhaler?"

"Errr......"

"Do you have your brain?"

"........."

Seriously! If I wasn't there to remember things, everything would be left behind and forgotten. And shame on me if I actually forget to remind you to bring something along!

So, I bite my tongue, we turn around, and we pick up the medication that Jason needs. After grabbing everything, we figured now would be the time to head to the Magic Kingdom. The parade was supposed to begin at 2:15pm, and it was around noon at this time (I think). I wanted to make sure we got a good seat.

We managed to walk through the Magic Kingdom's gates at about 12:30pm.

DSCN1225.jpg

We wandered around for a minute, before I decided that it was time for Jason's ego to take a beating! So where better to bruise someone's ego, than to beat them at Buzz Lightyear!

So while we're waiting in the very short line, Jason is telling me that I'm going down. I beg to differ Jason......I beg to differ.

Me
CIMG3718.jpg

Jason
CIMG3719.jpg

Hmmmm...........Let the excuses begin! Jason starts saying to me:

"Oh, the car wasn't working the way I wanted it to."

"I couldn't figure out which laser beam was mine!"

"Did you see that elephant in there!? He TOTALLY got in my way!"

:laughing:

As we left Buzz Lightyear, the CM at the entrance noted our Packer gear and told us he would suggest us getting to Main Street to pick some seats, so we had good ones. I thought that was a good idea. Normally, I'm not one to wait for parades. But, this is something that doesn't happen too often, so.....

We found a good seat on Main Street that ended up being a great choice. I got a seat on the curb. By now it was around 1:15pm. We were seated next to a bunch of Packer fans.

Including that guy.....
CIMG3720.jpg

There was a really nice guy next to me that I ended up chatting with for most of the time. His wife was an executive at Disney, which is how he had the inside scoop about the parade. He said that he picked this spot based on information he had. We apparently were right by the media area, where the car was going to stop so they could take pictures. See what I mean about picking a good spot?!

I was getting thirsty at this point, so Jason did what any good brother would do.......stay sitting on the curb while I got up to get us both drinks.

"Mom?.....mommy?.....I firsty!"

I ran into the bakery, and got us both iced teas and I got myself a chocolate croissant (just because I wanted one!). We then sat and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

The parade was..........delayed!

Breathe, Danielle, breathe. Aaron Rodgers now was not going to appear until 3:45pm. I just spent an entire day waiting for the Superbowl, and now I'm waiting for the MVP. I had better get some good pictures!

I was bored
CIMG3721.jpg

But at least we still had this guy......to entertain us
CIMG3720.jpg

We waited it out. After moss had begun to grow under my butt, the parade finally began. Woo hoo! It was the normal parade first. Never had pictures this close before!

Love the detail on the tires!
CIMG3722.jpg

CIMG3723.jpg

I love you Donald!
CIMG3725.jpg

CIMG3726.jpg

CIMG3727.jpg

DSCN1229.jpg

CIMG3737.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

CIMG3742.jpg

The moment was coming!

This guy was sooooo excited!!!!!!!
CIMG3720.jpg

Continued in next post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter