Vow Renewal Thread !!!

You can do a VR for as little as $2900, if you do the Escape or Intimate VR. That one allows for up to 18 guests and includes the site, a limo, flowers for bride and groom, 20 photos in an album (and photographer), violinist, cake and champagne. If you want more than 18 guests, you have to go up to the custom wedding which requires 10k minimum. All weddings/VR seem to require a 4 night stay at a Disney resort also.

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 10th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? I've always planned on doing a 10 year VR with our children as our wedding party. First we were going to do Vegas with an Elvis impersonator, then last year I just realized that our kids would totally love Disney World. I haven't been there since I was 10 years old.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Since I was a little girl I used to say that the requirement for coming to my wedding was that everyone there had to love me:flower3: But instead I had a monster bash with 750 guests (our parents friends). To this day I'll say "Nice to meet you." to a new person and they'll respond with "I was at your wedding.":confused3 Our VR was originally just going to me, DH and the three kids. When my mom started talking about doing a big family vacation I thought our VR would be a good opportunity to get both families together. There's going to be 17 of us total. And they ALL LOVE ME!:yay: I got a DVC membership just so we could accomodate everyone.

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? Hopefully June 4, 2008. Still waiting for the one year deadline to book it.

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? I loved the idea of a beach ceremony but it wasn't available in the summer. So I thought SeaBreeze was at least on the water.

Will you be including children in your ceremony?Yes. Our son will be 7 and the best man, 5 yo DD will be the maid of honor and 21/2 yo DD will be the flower girl.

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? Actually we were all going with a Disney theme. 7 yo wants to be Jack Sparrow, 5 yo as Cinderella, 2 yo as Tinkerbell. I'm getting a puffy skirted dress that could be a wedding dress except it's yellow. DH will wear a white traditional Indian fancy men's outfit and turban (kinda like Alladin).

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Don't know yet. Looking for private rooms that accomodate 17 and aren't outrageously expensive. Main contenders are Victoria & Alberts and Narcooses (sp?).

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? I just bought all the ladies Swarovski Belle cuffs cuz I heard about a great sale on this board! We might also get them all Mickey/Minnie ears. We're providing accomodations and the dining plan for all of them.

My husband and I will celebrate 20 years in 2010. when we got married went went to wdw for the first time on our honeymoon and many times since. WDW is a big part of out lives and our families( my dds think everyone goes there) when I first started thinking about something special for our 20th the first place that came to mind was wdw. Just starting to gather info etc but by that time our house will be paid off etc. and I really do want something special for 20 years of marriage plus.....:grouphug:

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? Our 10th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We love WDW and can't imagine doing it anywhere else.
Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Initmate--maybe 5-8 people

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? 12/05/2008
What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Sunset Pointe at the Polynesian. My husband loves the beach and island feel.
Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes! Our 12 year old daughter
Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? Since we eloped the first time, we are going really formal for this and I just bought my dress. I have never worn a wedding gown and want to and this one was perfect for me.
306941802F_LL-med.jpg

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? After the ceremony we are going to have dinner for everyone at O'hana's and then watch the fireworks on the beach.
Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? We are doing the Magic Kingdom photo shoot.

Sounds beautiful.our 20th will be 2010 and would like to do vow renewal at WDW(went on our honeymoon). would like to keep it small just us and our daughters maybe few other family. not ot formal but fun. Enjoy yours!

I am so excited to see this thread! I always wanted to be a disney bride, but didn't work out that way. DH and I decided not to wait for the 10th anniv. we are just going to do it for our 7th (lucky number 7 I guess?).

I have a few questions because I am still waiting on the materials to be sent to me, but how far in advance can you book?
I really want to have an evening ceremony so what are some really good locations to do this?
Since our Annv. is so close to Halloween I really want to try to do some photo shots near HM, but don't even have an idea how to do that.

Btw MzEeyore I love that dress! That is the style I'm looking for classic elegant style. If you don't mind me asking who is the designer?

7 is lucky. i got married on 7/7 and my birthday is the same. this year will be 17 years for us. we are looking a vow reneal for our 20th.

Welcome ladies...im so glad to see some new faces here.....now just because your doing a vow renewal doesnt mean we dont want to see a planning journal.....make sure you all start one , just like the wedding ones....we love to hear all about the planning!!!

Hope to see your PJ soon & congrats on all the anniversaries!!!:goodvibes

Very early yet for anything definite but seeing so many wonderful ideas which spark even more. Disney has and is such a big part of our lives( my girls just see it as annual vacation spot) that it will be a challenge to narrow things down. The possibilities as you well know seem endless. But I am going to give it my best.

After giving this more thought, I have some questions for the Vow Renewal ladies! Is anyone else trying to decide whether to invite people to the VR or not? One day, I just want it to be DH and our 2 kids. Then another day, I want some close friends and family to be there. However, most people we'd invite don't understand and/or share our love for Disney and I am not sure they'd want to be part of it. Also, I don't want to take the focus off what the day is really about. You can see where I am going with this?? I am guessing either way, we'll be having an intimate renewal for our ten year. Its still 3 years away but its hard NOT to plan! Our kids will be 5 and 7 at the time...what is everyone else planning on doing?
And if it will just be the family (meaning us and the kids) do we just go for a special dinner someplace special?

we would be celebrating our 20th and yes I want our two DDs (they will be 17 and 16 in 2010) involved and maybe some other family etc. but very limited. as for afterwards, maybe a dinner someplace nice to celebrate. It would be small.

After giving this more thought, I have some questions for the Vow Renewal ladies! Is anyone else trying to decide whether to invite people to the VR or not? One day, I just want it to be DH and our 2 kids. Then another day, I want some close friends and family to be there. However, most people we'd invite don't understand and/or share our love for Disney and I am not sure they'd want to be part of it. Also, I don't want to take the focus off what the day is really about. You can see where I am going with this?? I am guessing either way, we'll be having an intimate renewal for our ten year. Its still 3 years away but its hard NOT to plan! Our kids will be 5 and 7 at the time...what is everyone else planning on doing?
And if it will just be the family (meaning us and the kids) do we just go for a special dinner someplace special?

well, originally our VR was just for the 2 of us which we were both happy with. Out of politeness I guess, we invited all our family, not really expecting them to come over from England - but they are! We now have my mum, my step-mum, my dad, Nigel's mum and dad plus his sister, partner and young son - that's 8 guests all travelling to share it with us! We planned to have dinner at 1900 Park Fare (character dining with Cinders etc) and now all the family are joining us, and also (hopefully if we get a reservation) on the Wishes cruise after. To be totally honest, I'm not bothered either way, but it's rather nice that our family are prepared to have a 9 hour flight to be with us for a relatively short time.

We just had our VR! :banana: It was very nice. It was last Thursday at the WP. We had 13 guests, our 2 DD's and us. DD7 was our flower girl and did a reading. We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare. princess: It was fun for the kids and the adults. Plus, the food was good. We decided to invite friends only because family can be too much of a pain. We did just the basic Escape plan. The only add ons were flowers for DD and 2 bottles of cider for the kids. We had a chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse. The cake is good, but I agree with what others have said about the frosting. It's not sweet enough for butter cream, it tasted a bit lardy rather than sweet and creamy. Also, because we were staying and eating at the GF, we didn't get enough use out of the limo and we couldn't find another time to use it while there. Other than that, it was absolute Disney perfect. :wizard:

Hi Zalansky,
When we first started planning our VR we thought it would just be us, our kids and my mother. Then as family and friends found out what we were doing they asked if they could come also. What started as a group of 10 has now blossomed into a group of 52 (although I'm sure as the dates get nearer the number will be closer to 35). We are thrilled that so many of our family and friends want to be with us!

Good luck with your planning and I'm sure that whatever you decide to do will be perfect.

Debbie B.

Mean Queen - Congrats! How many years were you celebrating? This is very nosy but can you give me a ballpark figure of what we can plan on spending for something similar? Not exact figures, but a rough amount. Just need to know what to set aside. :thumbsup2

Debbie - when is your VR? Where are you having it? I am thinking Seabreeze point because Boardwalk has become so near and dear to my heart. Plus, nice pics on the beach at Beach Club. Are you having a reception or sit down at a restaurant?

We celebrated our 10th anniversary. We got the very basic Escape ceremony at the Wedding Pavillion. That was just under 4,000 plus $175 for the officiant. I know prices are going up in 2008 and I'm sure each year after. We had wanted to do Seabreeze but the limit was 10 guests and it was already booked for the time we wanted. Though, being June, it was probably better to be indoors at the WP. For 17 people (8 adults, 8 kids, 1 infant) to eat at Park Fare, it was around $400 with the DDE discount. We stayed at the GF, for about $450 a night for 2 nights. Most times they require a 4 night stay, but they made an exception as long as we gave them our guests info that were staying on property to count towards our 4 nights. So in all, we spent under 6k for everything. Add another thousand for next years totals, and that can give you a ball park.

Maybe someone can help me with this I am looking into the escape vr and wanted to do Seabreeze point. Do they do evening times there? I would really rather have it at dusk if possible. Also I have heard it is very windy and a little worried about that. I have such fine thin hair that if I sigh wrong it will fall and mess up.:rotfl: Thanks for any help.

Also still wondering does anyone know if it is possible to have your pictures taken near the HM before the park opens. I know it sounds wierd, but our Annv being near Halloween I think it would be a perfect choice for us.

Hi All -

We are thinking of doing a VR in 2008 (It will be our 20th!) - can anyone point me to some links of Trip reports of Vow Renewals? We are going to be at DW in a few days and we are going to meet with someone at Franck's so that I can figure out what I want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter