Vow Renewal Thread !!!

myprincessgirlisa

DFTW 12/4/97
This is a thread for all of us who are planning or want to plan a vow renewal at a Disney resort,Park,cruise or at home Disney themed ceremony.:cheer2:

Feel free to post anything pertaining to a vow renewal here, including pics:thumbsup2

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating?

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal?

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash?

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony?

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it?

Will you be including children in your ceremony?

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?

Where will you be having your dinner/reception?

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself?

feel free to add to these questions.:idea:

I hope this will excite & assist some of you with your vow renewal planning/dreaming.:wishgoal

Dont ever stop dreaming!!!!!!!:bride:

oops...forgot to answer my own thread & start it off

I will be celebrating my 10yr anniversary on Dec 4 2007

We plan on doing an intimate ceremony at the YC Gazebo

We had an Intimate ceremony there in 1997 & this year we are happy to have DH parents and possibly my dad & his wife along with my DD present.

We would love to do something extra special that week, but are unsure of what

Dinner has not been decided since its so hard to choose;)

I would love to have my DD as a flower girl

I am looking for a new gown, but if i cant find one I plan to wear my original...since it was so fabulous;)

I choose Disney cause we had such a blast the first time that it was no question on where to do the renewal.

I cant wait & it makes me excited everytime I come to the boards & read/post.

If any DISers are in WDW the 1st week of Dec 2007, let me know,,,,,id love to have you as guests & meet you:thumbsup2

Oh MAN! I'm going home on Dec. 2 - I totally wanted to come to your vow renewal!! :sad2:

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 10th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? Our family loves WDW!

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? That depends entirely on how many people are willing to travel to WDW. Hopefully a custom!

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? November 20, 2008

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Yacht Club Gazebo. DH stayed at the YC last fall and really liked it.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes! Maybe a sand ceremony?

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? My original attire was a borrowed dress for a city hall ceremony! Definitely a new dress! But it will not be a wedding gown.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Hoping to have a small reception at the UK upper terrace and then watch Illuminations.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? I'd love to, but I don't if there's $ for that.

:) Michele

This is a thread for all of us who are planning or want to plan a vow renewal at a Disney resort,Park,cruise or at home Disney themed ceremony.:cheer2:

Feel free to post anything pertaining to a vow renewal here, including pics:thumbsup2

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 11.5 (can't make it in June, so December will have to do)

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? My DW always wishes she could have had a disney wedding, so I am going to try and give her the next best thing.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Very small and intimate

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? Not sure yet, just decided today to do it.

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Not sure what my options are.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes, our DD who will be 5

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? I am thinking VERY casual...This is going to be a total suprise for her and since we are very casual people, I see no way of even getting dressed up, let alone into a wedding gown.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Over the course of the next 6 days at all the parks! :banana:

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Not as of yet

I could use some advice if anyone has it to give:

How much does something like this cost and how far out do I have to reserve a site? What are some good places for a casual but romantic renewal of vows? The big one is...we are not christians and as such I can't see having a "religious" ceremony. I simply want to reafirm our love, commitment and devotion to one another. That being said, does WDW have someone who could "officiate" that or do I need to get in touch with the local UU church? Should I just forget about trying to surprise her and plan it together? :confused3 As I get answers, I'm sure I will have more questions, but it is a start.

oops...forgot to answer my own thread & start it off

If any DISers are in WDW the 1st week of Dec 2007, let me know,,,,,id love to have you as guests & meet you:thumbsup2

OH MY Goodness. I replied to the questions before reading your second post. That is the same week we are planning our trip. Are you going to have the ceremony on the 4th? I would love for us (DW & DD) to be there...but how to explain to my DW how I know about it without ruining my surprise...:rolleyes1 I'll have to work on that one. In any extent best wishes with the planning, and maybe we will see you there.

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 5th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We got married there and plan to renew our vows every 5 years there. Of course at a different place.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Custom full blown bash

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? 17 March 2010

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Sea Breeze Point because we want to see the water as we renew the vows.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Undecided

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? I am buying a new one

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Planning on the Living seas for dinner / reception

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Wishes cruise, Ohanas dinner followed by a beach party, Fantasmic dessert party and Illuminations party prefer a light meal.

Great idea for a thread BTW!

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? Fifth

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We are Disney people (CM/DVC/12+ visits a year)

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Intimate with a small bash ;)

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? July 2008

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Still a toss up between Yacht Club or Seabreeze.. or move date to do WP

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes, my 3 year old DD

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? No original so starting from scratch... and it's gonna be a GOWN!

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Not a clue, toss up between Citricos, CG private rooms, etc etc

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Poss. tea at GF for the girls, poss fishing trip for guys, thinking about Hoop De Doo for everyone

I hope this will excite & assist some of you with your vow renewal planning/dreaming.:wishgoal

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 11.5 (can't make it in June, so December will have to do)

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? My DW always wishes she could have had a disney wedding, so I am going to try and give her the next best thing.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Very small and intimate

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? Not sure yet, just decided today to do it.

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Not sure what my options are.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes, our DD who will be 5

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? I am thinking VERY casual...This is going to be a total suprise for her and since we are very casual people, I see no way of even getting dressed up, let alone into a wedding gown.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Over the course of the next 6 days at all the parks! :banana:

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Not as of yet

I could use some advice if anyone has it to give:

How much does something like this cost and how far out do I have to reserve a site? What are some good places for a casual but romantic renewal of vows? The big one is...we are not christians and as such I can't see having a "religious" ceremony. I simply want to reafirm our love, commitment and devotion to one another. That being said, does WDW have someone who could "officiate" that or do I need to get in touch with the local UU church? Should I just forget about trying to surprise her and plan it together? :confused3 As I get answers, I'm sure I will have more questions, but it is a start.

welcome aboard briarwolf

if you want info on WDW vow renewal here is the link to the site
http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/gate/index.jsp

its a great place to start

I think its great you want to surprise your DW..thats so sweet!!

check out the site & open a wishbook & come back with all your questions:thumbsup2

good to have you join

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? Had to "settle" for Disneymoon and have always wanted to do this.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Custom full blown bash for our parents, siblings and nieces and nephews (who haven't been to Disney!)

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? Thursday July 12th 2007

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? The Wedding Pavilion because I have always looked over from our stays at the GF and Poly and known it was the place---besides didn't have an extra half mil for the MK!!

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes our 2 sons (8,5) and our daughter (2 ---born on 5/5/05--my little happiest celebration on earth!)

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? Actually finally purchased my dress today from David's Bridal after too many trips and too many hours looking online. Came up with one yesterday that I never would've looked at in the catalog--style ct 203 in white. A little over the top, but where else can you do the whole over the top princess thing?!

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Grand Floridian Whitehall Room followed by Epcot Lower UK Illuminations Dessert Party

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? We are doing a Mad Hatter Welcome Brunch the day before (right after we finish with our MK photo shoot). We are staying for 13 days and treating our family members to a week with various overlapping days. Kind of a grand gathering/vow renewal/try to let the family see what's so special about Disney trip.

What a great thread! I hope I can help people with their questions as they are planning as the people here have been so kind in helping me so far!

Lisaprincess:

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 10 years

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We wanted to have a DFTW, but a lot of my family would not have been able to attend. We had met w/DFTW and everything....after we got home, and a few months later, a lot of talking, we decided to have a disney wedding at home and to renew our vows at 10 years at WDW.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Custom...too many people

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? none, yet. Want 12/09.

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? I am still up in the air on sites for ceremony, reception I want great movie ride. If that doesn't work out, I'd like an epcot location and living seas. When I go to WDW in March..I'm going to pay more attn to the locations at Epcot!!

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Absolutely. I have 2 sons!!

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? My originaly attire is way too much for what I want...plus I'll hopefully weigh a lot less than I did then (I do now and am still working on it). I plan on wearing an offwhite wedding dress, but different from my wedding. BTW I loved (and still love) my wedding dress, but I think it's too much for what I want for my renewal.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? see above.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Hopefully MVMCP will still be going on!!

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 5th (planning a VR for 2010)

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We always wanted one, everyone complained about the price so we chose otherwise the first time.

The full blown custom bash of the century!
What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony?
Hopefully the first 2 weeks in December
What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it?
We definitely want the wedding pavilion, its dreamy!
Will you be including children in your ceremony? My dh's kids will be attendants

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?
New one! I want one of the cinderella dresses!
Where will you be having your dinner/reception? We want a reception in Epcot and a dessert party for illuminations

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? We want a welcome party at the GF summerhouse and a farewell brunch the morning after, I'm thinking a mad hatter brunch

Great thread idea!
Does anyone have any suggestions for ceremony wording since its a renewal instead of an actual wedding?

This is a thread for all of us who are planning or want to plan a vow renewal at a Disney resort,Park,cruise or at home Disney themed ceremony.

Feel free to post anything pertaining to a vow renewal here, including pics

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 25

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We love going to WDW. Can't imagine a better place to spend an anniversary.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? intimate

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? Nivember 7, 2007

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Yacht Club, because I love Victorian feel of the place

Will you be including children in your ceremony? no

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? the original is soooo 80's and we want a more relaxed feel to the vow renewal. Simple but elegant - sort of a garden party feel.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Boma

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? I'm not yet sure.

Great thread! Thanks for starting it.

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating?25th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We honeymooned there and I can't think of anywhere more magical/romantic

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash?small intimate

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony?aiming for Nov 07

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it?hopefully SBP

Will you be including children in your ceremony?yes, our 3 teens and our toddler

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?buy a new one not a gown though

Where will you be having your dinner/reception?hopefully, Yachtsman

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself?would like to pedi an mani for DD and myself, maybe massage for the guys.

All is depending on how quick DH gets a new job.

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? Our 15th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? Our family loves WDW! Seeing the Wedding Pavilion from the monorail caught my interest and the rest is history!

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Initmate--my best friend and her family are joining us along with another very close friend.

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? 4/2/07 at 5:00pm (I can now say that we leave for Disney THIS month!)

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Wedding Pavilion. The photos look beautiful, and I couldn't take the uncertainty of an outdoor location.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes! Oldest son (13) will read First Corinthians, younger son (10) is in charge of rings, and daughter (9) is our flower girl.

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? New wedding gown.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Cake and champagne reception at the Commander's Terrace, followed by dinner at O'Hanas. With 5kids attending, O'Hanas seemed like a fun choice. Then we're planning to watch the fireworks and lagoon show from the Polynesian beach.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Randy Chapman is handling our photography so we were able to use the photography credit from the intimate package for a family photo shoot in the rose garden at the Magic Kingdom.

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 5th

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? I'm a Disney fanatic and wanted to get married at Disney

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? small intimate

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? August 2008

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Disney Cruise - we are taking a repositioning cruise on our 5th anniversary and seeing as I wanted a Disney wedding, this will be a close second ;)

Will you be including children in your ceremony? not this time, probably for our 10th

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? I wish I could fit into my original dress

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? on the ship or maybe on our deck ;)

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? being able to say "I do" to my husband is an "extra"

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? No, renewing off property at the Royal Chapel

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? April 23,2007

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Chose for price

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Yes, we have 6 children

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? No, I bought a new one. http://www.edressme.com/dresses044804610.html
This is it, but off white with gold beading.

Where will you be having your dinner/reception?1900 Park Fare, I wanted a fun place for the children.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Just ourselves.

We are having dinner at the Coral Reef the day before and this is how my husband is finding out about the big surprise. I arranged for a diver to bring down a 10th Anniversary sign. He will then flip it over and it will ask him to marry me again. He better say yes!!!:rotfl:

The girls are getting their hair done at the BBB in the morning. Our ceremony is at 12pm. I think we will take a break before dinner?? Dinner is at 4:30pm. I think we will take the monorail to the Polynesian to take pictures and have a Lapu Lapu before our Wishes cruise. Hopefully everything turns out as planned.

Happy Planning!
Kim
momofdbsdca

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 10 years

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? We wanted to have a WDW wedding when we got married and let everyone talk us out of it. Bad idea.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash? Intimate but I am hoping some close friends and maybe family will choose to attend.

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony? It will be November 2010.

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it? Not sure yet, possibly Seabreeze Point.

Will you be including children in your ceremony? Of course! Our son will be almost 8 years old and our daughter will be 5. They'll be freaking adorable in wedding attire.

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one? A new one. My original is too first wedding-ish!

Where will you be having your dinner/reception? Not sure yet.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself? Illuminations cruise and definitely Randy Chapman pics.

Question for all you VR's who are inviting people. We had an impossible time trying to get people to agree to go to a WDW wedding which is why we didn't end up having it there - which like I said was a bad choice. It was my day and I should have had what I wanted. But with a VR, I think people would be even less inclined to travel to just celebrate a VR and wedding anniversary. Are your close family & friends willing to spend the money for a VR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter