Vow Renewal Thread !!!

Mean Queen,
Thanks for the info. We are DVC members so thats the only thing we would not have to pay for, hotels. Your info is so helpful. I have to wait until 2010 for our ten year. :eek: How will I make it?

We're DVC also, but we got the GF room as a present. Plus, we've already dipped into next years points. :rolleyes1 Hopefully Disney doesn't keep raising the cost 1k each year, or you'll be celebrating your 10 year a few years early. :rotfl:

Here's DH and me at the reception.
IMGP1716.jpg

We're DVC also, but we got the GF room as a present. Plus, we've already dipped into next years points. :rolleyes1 Hopefully Disney doesn't keep raising the cost 1k each year, or you'll be celebrating your 10 year a few years early. :rotfl:

Here's DH and me at the reception.
IMGP1716.jpg

Mean Queen, that is such a beautiful VR picture! You look so beautiful!Where did you take it? Was it by Disney photography? Were all those flowers already there?... or have you already made a trip report that I should just look up?;)

Jil

You DO look beautiful Mean Queen! I love the dress. I don't doubt Disney will be raising those prices every year! :laughing: I need to hold out at least one more year so my daughter can be a flower girl. She's almost two now. And by two, I do mean terrible two. I'd like to wait until the ten year anniversary so both my kids remember it.

Mean Queen,
I have to wait until 2010 for our ten year. :eek: How will I make it?

I have waited almost 11 years for mine - and I can't believe it's now less than 6 months away! When we got married (11 years in Aug) I wanted a Disney wedding, but Nigel wanted to get married at home with his family (they are quite close, and a good few of them) so we made a compromise, and agreed that for my 40th birthday, I could have my dream 'wedding' at Disney by renewing our vows. Well, that time has almost come, and it's a wonderful feeling :cloud9:

Mean Queen, that is such a beautiful VR picture! You look so beautiful!Where did you take it? Was it by Disney photography? Were all those flowers already there?... or have you already made a trip report that I should just look up?;)

Jil

We had the ceremony at the Wedding Pavillion and the cake cutting is held in the Commander's Terrace at the Grand Floridian. It's all part of the basic package. That picture was taken by a friend of mine. Disney's photos aren't ready until 14 days after the ceremony. That's my bouquet on the table, the WC sat it there when we walked in. I picked the hand-tied French bouquet with bright pink and yellow roses. Again, all part of the basic package. I did get the double floral wand for my DD for an extra $35. You can just see it in the picture, it's the pink rose with the white ribbon all around it. I also ordered the custom M&M's. BTW, not sure if this special gift is every year, but we got a nice pair of watches with the castle on it. I told my friends it's our $5,000 watch. :rotfl:

Im so glad to see all these VR girls

Its kinda funny....i started this thread & things have changed & now im not doin one this year....but maybe in the future.....im still here for you girls!!

Just cause we are VR's doesnt mean we dont want to see PJs & TRs...so make sure you all start one....we live for that stuff

congrats to you all & keep this thread alive!!!!!!

Debbie - when is your VR? Where are you having it? I am thinking Seabreeze point because Boardwalk has become so near and dear to my heart. Plus, nice pics on the beach at Beach Club. Are you having a reception or sit down at a restaurant?[/QUOTE]

Our VR is 12-6-07, 5PM at the WP. The cocktail hour and reception is at the Isola Terrace across from Italy at Epcot so we can watch Illuminations. We haven't decided on whether to have a sit down meal or buffet yet since I need to get in touch with our wedding planner and ask more questions.

Hi All -

We are thinking of doing a VR in 2008 (It will be our 20th!) - can anyone point me to some links of Trip reports of Vow Renewals? We are going to be at DW in a few days and we are going to meet with someone at Franck's so that I can figure out what I want to do.

Look for Janet2K, she wrote a VR planning trip report that was amazing!

Hey all you vow-renewers, did you or are you going to wear Bride and Groom ears? I was going to get everyone in our party Mickey and Minnie ears as a wedding favor, and I'm wondering if I should get me and DH regular ears or the wedding ears? We're not newlyweds entering into a new life together, so I'm not sure if people will feel scammed saying congratulations to us since we've already "been there done that".

I was thinking of getting the wedding ears and having "Renewing Vows" or something personalized on it. Or else pinning a red flower on the front to differentiate us from the innocent newly-weds ;) .

Any thoughts?

we're wearing the wedding ears - in fact we've got them already:) We're gonna wear them on the plane, unless we chicken out!

Dee - isn't your VR coming up this month? :cool1: ETA: Whoops, just noticed its in Dec! Sorry.

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating?
We were married on August 3, 2007. We have been together for 11 years and have a 9 year old daughter..we just decided that we needed to make it "official"..I know...doesn't sound romantic, but our life is a romance everyday!

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal?
We are going on a B2B Wonder cruise with about 30 Dis'ers that we met on a 2005 Disney Halloween cruise. Since these are my dear friends that I would have wanted at my wedding but live in California, I decided to have a small, civil service then make the VR my bash with wedding dress and such

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash?
We are having a small, intimate vr on the Secret Deck 7
What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony?
July 25, 2008
What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it?
Secret Deck 7 - only about 15 of our closest Dis friends and my mother will be at the ceremony
Will you be including children in your ceremony?
yes
Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?
I have a new one that I want...My original dress I found at Target the morning of my wedding because it was so much better that what I had!
Where will you be having your dinner/reception?
We are planning a PALO dinner with our friends

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself?
Cruising and having a good time!
Wedding Pics
Our Knot Page

**A dis'r tnkrbell did my hair for the ceremony..it was sooo pretty!:love:

Just saw that you live in RPB. I was looking at your photo album and your daughter looks really familiar. I teach at Cypress Trails - could that possibly be her school?
By the way - your photos are beautiful. We did a VR on the Magic in 12/04 with some Dis friends. It was wonderful!

Just saw that you live in RPB. I was looking at your photo album and your daughter looks really familiar. I teach at Cypress Trails - could that possibly be her school?
By the way - your photos are beautiful. We did a VR on the Magic in 12/04 with some Dis friends. It was wonderful!

Yes...she goes to CT! I will PM you! Small World!

Morning VR's!

Thanks for the info stingfan! i am so excited!

Start by telling us what anniversary you are/will be celebrating? 15th Wedding Annivesary

Why did choose a WDFTW for your vow renewal? Because when we got married we had a Disney Themed reception because we were Disney obsessed. Disney had just started making weddings at Disney a big deal.

Do you plan on a small intimate ceremony or a custom full blown bash?It'll be a small intimate ordeal. When we got married we had a HUGE bash for about 215 guest and although it was fun and we got some awesome gifts, we missed out on a lot trying to cater to that many people.

What is the date of your vow renewal ceremony?May 2012. We just celebrated 10 yr in May and couldn't swing it then (we're DEBT FREE now) so we'll start saving now for what we want in 5 yrs!

What is your ceremony site location & why did you choose it?Haven't decided yet as it's 5 yrs away but it will be outside if the weather is good.

Will you be including children in your ceremony?Yup our own.

Will you be wearing your original wedding attire or buying a new one?Not original. As much as I love my dress I don't want to take it out of it's packaging. Plus I'll be in my late 30's and it's not quite the style I would want to wear at that age!

Where will you be having your dinner/reception?Not sure yet.

Will you be doing anything extra for the week for guests/yourself?Probably but haven't decided.

Here are some photos of our Disney themed reception in 1997. We had a very formal church ceremony and then when we got to the reception site the guys changed into black & white Mickey Mouse vests. The entire bridal party had Mouse Ears with their names embroidered as place cards. We had Mickey & Minnie on the cake. It was a fabulous bash!

wedding3.jpg

wedding2.jpg

wedding1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter