Virgin River

Full transparency: I have not read through this thread and I just started season 1, so I'm only two episodes or so in. With that said, my initial impression is that this and the show Hart of Dixie are nearly identical and this is primarily because of the character played by Tim Matheson.

In Hart of Dixie he plays a curmudgeon-y doctor who is upset when a young doctor comes to join his practice.
In Virgin River.... he plays a curmudgeon-y doctor who is upset when a young nurse practitioner comes to join his practice.

Full transparency: I have not read through this thread and I just started season 1, so I'm only two episodes or so in. With that said, my initial impression is that this and the show Hart of Dixie are nearly identical and this is primarily because of the character played by Tim Matheson.

In Hart of Dixie he plays a curmudgeon-y doctor who is upset when a young doctor comes to join his practice.
In Virgin River.... he plays a curmudgeon-y doctor who is upset when a young nurse practitioner comes to join his practice.

I thought the same thing. Sometimes I even think he slips into his Hart Of Dixie thick southern accent. I do like Virgin River better, though.

I thought the same thing. Sometimes I even think he slips into his Hart Of Dixie thick southern accent. I do like Virgin River better, though.
Virgin River seems more grown up. Hart of Dixie was on the cw so definitely aimed for teens.

I read the whole book series and after reading some of the storylines for the show I refuse to watch. I don’t know why tv people have to ruin the way the books are written. It also puts a sour taste in my mouth when an author sells their works and doesn’t give a fig for the readers that made them.

"readers that made them"? Like you have any say what the author does? Rather pompous, IMO, and if Nora Roberts heard you, she'd put you in your place :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I watched S3E1 last night. I thought it was good and am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Finished season 3. It picked up around episode 6 and this season is definitely setting things up for an eventful season 4. Storylines were very predictable though and it was dragging a bit. Almost threw in the towel. Finale has lots of cliffhangers and the last few seconds ended exactly like Netflix’s revival of Gilmore Girls.

We watched episode 1&2 last night, not thrilled with those 2 episodes. They were very down in our opinion. If the first season had been that way we probably wouldn't have watched. We will continue to watch to see if things get any better. I'm hopeful...

I'm going to start season 3 tonight. I read that Hope is not in this season very much, which I'm excited about. She's so annoying.

Having read the series after watching the first two seasons, I'm having a difficult time getting into season 3. I think it's because the lack of continuity of the characters.

I must say it was very predictable this season.

DH and I finished watching season 3 last night and I have to revise my original opinion of this season. It ended with me wanting more! I'm hoping there is a season 4, unfortunately if there is a season 4 it will probably take another year before we can see it. I do have to say these people really do have issues.

Anyone else addicted to this train wreck? The acting is mediocre at best and the story is far-fetched but I binge-watched season 2 in the last three nights. Hopefully, there is a season three to tell us what happens after that cliffhanger at the end.

Annette O'Toole as Hope is the worst out of the bunch. Those awkward facial expressions and lip pursing! Yikes.

I really like Annette OToole and her character, her character is suppose to be annoying lol. Hope they did not or will not take her out of the show. I always liked her, haven't seen her in anything in a long time so was happy to see her in this show.

Haven’t started season three but man, the first two were a total hate watch for me. I mildly enjoyed the books but found none of the show characters to be likable, the chemistry between them to be non-existent, and the situations just silly and melodramatic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter