VDH Opening

Got an email with Villas at the Disneyland Hotel in the subject line and got super excited until I opened it and realized it was just more marketing for cash stays. SIGH.

This is ridiculous at this point. How do they not have the points charts at least worked out??? If they're not ready to sell points bc not enough agents are licensed in CA that's one thing, but give us the points charts. I mean, what are the agents going to say to people at the kiosk? You can't buy, you can't even figure out how many points you need, but isn't the tower pretty?

This is ridiculous at this point. How do they not have the points charts at least worked out??? If they're not ready to sell points bc not enough agents are licensed in CA that's one thing, but give us the points charts. I mean, what are the agents going to say to people at the kiosk? You can't buy, you can't even figure out how many points you need, but isn't the tower pretty?

They are... planting seeds.

I think a lot of us who are already deep into the DVC = awesome bubble are already well past that "don't do anything unless you have researched this for at least a few months" stage and we just want the chart. I'm totally in that camp.

But for as many of us in that we want it now camp, there are many out there who are me and my family in early 2022 who are just finding out about DVC, doing our homework and trying to figure it out. It could take months (and it should before you jump into something this big). Many of the great YouTube DVC "experts" out there all say you should keep doing your homework and wait a few months before jumping into something like DVC. I'd agree and if one of my friends or family who are asking me about DVC jumps into the strongly considering it column, I immediately tell them to go watch/read as much as they can and don't jump in too quick. I'm guessing Disney/DVC knows this too and as many have said here before, they are usually great at playing the long game.

If I look back at the years now, I really wish I would have ran into a kiosk in the early-mid 2010s so I could have started this earlier. Might have saved me a small fortune on the VGC points :)

I do need the chart soon. I keep looking at and calculating the "deep value" in a OKW-E contract(s) and I'm very tempted to pass on VDH and just get OKW-E if I can get it at a great price.

They are... planting seeds.

I think a lot of us who are already deep into the DVC = awesome bubble are already well past that "don't do anything unless you have researched this for at least a few months" stage and we just want the chart. I'm totally in that camp.

But for as many of us in that we want it now camp, there are many out there who are me and my family in early 2022 who are just finding out about DVC, doing our homework and trying to figure it out. It could take months (and it should before you jump into something this big). Many of the great YouTube DVC "experts" out there all say you should keep doing your homework and wait a few months before jumping into something like DVC. I'd agree and if one of my friends or family who are asking me about DVC jumps into the strongly considering it column, I immediately tell them to go watch/read as much as they can and don't jump in too quick. I'm guessing Disney/DVC knows this too and as many have said here before, they are usually great at playing the long game.

If I look back at the years now, I really wish I would have ran into a kiosk in the early-mid 2010s so I could have started this earlier. Might have saved me a small fortune on the VGC points :)

I do need the chart soon. I keep looking at and calculating the "deep value" in a OKW-E contract(s) and I'm very tempted to pass on VDH and just get OKW-E if I can get it at a great price.
I buy far fewer points than you do, but I've grown my points total by 30% recently with OKWe as SAPs and reinforcing my WDW home resort points and trimmed from my VDH budget. (And now I'm shopping for a little more VGC with the rest.)

Honestly though, regretting OKWe a little even at 90pp. SSR would've been a better purchase even with a few less years as the dues are much cheaper.

So I have this ridiculous plan of doing a flight stopover of 2 nights on our way to Mexico in January. I mean, one way or the other (cash or points) it has to be bookable, right? I mean I guess they could not open it for DVC points bookings by then and keep this looney cash thing going. But if they do turn on points starting January is there any reason my grandfathered SSR wouldn't be able to book it? Or would they somehow keep it only VDH new points being able to book there initially? I have never tried to stay at a *brand new* resort so I don't know how the initial opening typically looks.

So I have this ridiculous plan of doing a flight stopover of 2 nights on our way to Mexico in January. I mean, one way or the other (cash or points) it has to be bookable, right? I mean I guess they could not open it for DVC points bookings by then and keep this looney cash thing going. But if they do turn on points starting January is there any reason my grandfathered SSR wouldn't be able to book it? Or would they somehow keep it only VDH new points being able to book there initially? I have never tried to stay at a *brand new* resort so I don't know how the initial opening typically looks.
I was listening to the *********** podcast and they talked about how new build resorts sometimes allow a “honeymoon period” for owners.

I have a random question - I will be with my friend who is not a DVC member. Can she go into the lounge with me or is members only?
I’m not 100% sure they released all the details - but if it’s like the Epcot lounge you can bring up to 5 guests per “blue card”. They do not need to be members.

I have a random question - I will be with my friend who is not a DVC member. Can she go into the lounge with me or is members only?

I would assume it would be like Epcot where you can bring up to 5 guests up with you. I have brought friends I ran into in the parks or with me into the Epcot lounge multiple times. At Epcot, they look at my ID and my digital membership, and then ask how many are in the party before sending me in. I mean if it was members only, family members like kids or grandparents staying on the reservation would be left out, and that just does not feel right.

I buy far fewer points than you do, but I've grown my points total by 30% recently with OKWe as SAPs and reinforcing my WDW home resort points and trimmed from my VDH budget. (And now I'm shopping for a little more VGC with the rest.)

Honestly though, regretting OKWe a little even at 90pp. SSR would've been a better purchase even with a few less years as the dues are much cheaper.

I think the big pull for me is the history and the great point chart on the 3BR GV units. Our WDW trips will usually have friends or family joining and the value of OKW GV seem crazy to me. I could see us making the trip every few years and really liking having the option to rotate in a few nights at OKW to save on overall point cost and OKW also seems ideal for the leg of the trip when the family wants to detour up the road to visit Mr. Potter and all the other madness at Universal Studios.

I still haven’t really crunched the numbers to see if it makes sense, but I think it will if you factor in the point chart for the 3BRs.

Give us the charts to save me from my madness…

So maybe I was confused and everyone already knows this - but I spoke to my guide today and asked if she could still help me with buying VDH points because of the CA rules. She said those rules only apply to CA residents. I live in Texas so she said she can still sell me points.
To sell CA real estate I'm pretty sure they have to be licensed to sell CA real estate. Where the buyer lives doesn't matter.

To sell CA real estate I'm pretty sure they have to be licensed to sell CA real estate. Where the buyer lives doesn't matter.
Maybe she was misinformed but it seems like something they would’ve been told (although sometimes it feels like I’m the last to know things at my job 😂 so you never know). Here’s an excerpt from her email to me:

“And yes, I can still help you with adding on points at the new Disneyland Tower. It's just if you lived in California, I couldn't help you unless I had a California license. But since you live in Texas, we're all good!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter