Vaping....much worse than cigarettes.

From the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2019/p0906-vaping-related-illness.html
"While many of the patients, but not all, reported recent use of THC-containing products, some reported using both THC- and nicotine-containing products. A smaller group reported using nicotine only.

it is too early to pinpoint a single product or substance common to all cases
, according to authors of articles published today in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) and the New England Journal of Medicine.

CDC, FDA, and state partners are combining information about e-cigarette exposures, results from FDA testing of product samples, and clinical testing results to identify a cause or causes of these illnesses.

FDA Commissioner Ned Sharpless, M.D. “Our laboratory is working closely with our federal and state partners to identify the products or substances that may be causing the illnesses and have received more than 120 samples from the states so far. The FDA is analyzing these for a broad range of chemicals but no one substance, including Vitamin E acetate, has been identified in all of the samples tested. Importantly, identifying any compounds present in the samples will be one piece of the puzzle but won’t necessarily answer questions about causality

more than 25 states have reported possible cases of lung illnesses associated with use of e-cigarette products (e.g., devices, liquids, refill pods, and cartridges).

At least two deaths have been reported to CDC. Additional cases of lung illness are being investigated to determine whether they are linked to e-cigarette use and have similar clinical features. This includes looking back for older cases based on CDC’s case definition. States are in the process of classifying possible cases, and this information will be reported next week.

While this investigation is ongoing, people should consider not using e-cigarette products.

Regardless of the ongoing investigation, people who use e-cigarette products should not buy these products off the street and should not modify e-cigarette products or add any substances that are not intended by the manufacturer. E-cigarette products should never be used by youth, young adults, pregnant women, or adults who do not currently use tobacco products.

Not meaning to dig up a dead thread, but this is best housed here...

My brother was a heavy smoker. Ech. Can't stand the stuff personally. But he quit and replaced it with vaping. No nicotine, no cannabis, just flavoured vapour. So far so good. He vouches for it.

But lately he's taken a bit of a nose dive and has become asthmatic. He's even on an inhaler. So this is my question - would have have been better off on the nicotine and tar? Or this new and perhaps unproven science?

Not meaning to dig up a dead thread, but this is best housed here...

My brother was a heavy smoker. Ech. Can't stand the stuff personally. But he quit and replaced it with vaping. No nicotine, no cannabis, just flavoured vapour. So far so good. He vouches for it.

But lately he's taken a bit of a nose dive and has become asthmatic. He's even on an inhaler. So this is my question - would have have been better off on the nicotine and tar? Or this new and perhaps unproven science?

Did you read the entire thread??

I must confess I didn't. I skimmed it but ultimately decided that the best way to get a succinct response would be to ask right out.

That's fine....I admit I don't always read an entire thread but this one might be helpful for you......Just saying. :goodvibes

Haven't read thread but the whole vaping panic is absolutely ridiculous. Vaping has been around for years. All of a sudden, weed is legalized in all these states, and illicit cartridges are being manufactured and sold for half the price of those being sold in dispensaries. That is where the problem is. As for breathing chemicals in, if you live in any major city, you may want to wear a mask. The amount of pollutions in the air people breath is as bad, if not worse, than vaping.

The genius here is that the tobacco companies have convinced people to vape instead of smoke. And folks believed them.

The genius here is that the tobacco companies have convinced people to vape instead of smoke. And folks believed them.

It's the tobacco company behind the panic. They've lost billions due to vaping.

Mark my words - When the ban is lifted (at least in Massachusetts), the end result will be that the cause of the sickness was Vitamin E Acetane in illicit THC cartridges. As a result, taxes will increase on cartridges purchased legally at dispensaries in order to "cover the cost of stricter regulations".

Again - The problem is not vaping. The problem is the ingredients in certain cartridges.

It's the tobacco company behind the panic. They've lost billions due to vaping.

Mark my words - When the ban is lifted (at least in Massachusetts), the end result will be that the cause of the sickness was Vitamin E Acetane in illicit THC cartridges. As a result, taxes will increase on cartridges purchased legally at dispensaries in order to "cover the cost of stricter regulations".

Again - The problem is not vaping. The problem is the ingredients in certain cartridges.

I invested in tobacco companies over the last decade. I have only been out over the last couple of years. They own a good chunk of the vaping space. Their margins are ridiculous. And their genius at spin.

Believe whatever makes you feel good. But I’ll stick to the CDC for health related info, not the tobacco companies. I was make 17% annualized returns in that space. We’re talking about a lot of money.

Believe whatever makes you feel good. But I’ll stick to the CDC for health related info, not the tobacco companies. I was make 17% annualized returns in that space. We’re talking about a lot of money.

I believe what the CDC has said. As well as the FDA. They "believe" it's primarily illicit THC-containing cartridges sold on the street. What's idiotic about states banning vape sales at legit, regulated shops is that now EVERYONE looking to vape THC will have to buy them off the street, thus causing the cases to skyrocket.

I believe what the CDC has said. As well as the FDA. They "believe" it's primarily illicit THC-containing cartridges sold on the street. What's idiotic about states banning vape sales at legit, regulated shops is that now EVERYONE looking to vape THC will have to buy them off the street, thus causing the cases to skyrocket.

That’s one for the Darwin awards.

That’s one for the Darwin awards.

I'm guessing that is supposed to be an insult, though I don't see why. It's kind of common knowledge (and has been since this all started) that the cause of these issues is the illegal THC cartridges being sold on the street. Are you denying that?

I'm guessing that is supposed to be an insult, though I don't see why. It's kind of common knowledge (and has been since this all started) that the cause of these issues is the illegal THC cartridges being sold on the street. Are you denying that?

If folks know that what causing the deaths, and then they go and buy it, that’s a level of stupid that I can’t wrap my head around.

If folks know that what causing the deaths, and then they go and buy it, that’s a level of stupid that I can’t wrap my head around.

How many people die in car crashes every day yet people still get in cars. Think of how tiny the percentage of people who have died versus how many people vape? It's like .001 percent. Not defending it. I stopped using cartridges myself, but when you're dealing with such low overall numbers, you're just not going to convince some people to stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter