Vaping....much worse than cigarettes.

They do have to replace the constant death and natural erosion of their customer base as they die off from smoking. By default, the product they sell automatically creates a smaller future customer base.

Sad but true. We just lost my aunt earlier this year to cancer. She smoked for 20+ years.

Ground-glass opacity

In radiology, ground glass opacity is a nonspecific finding on computed tomography scans that indicates a partial filling of air spaces in the lungs by exudate or transudate, as well as interstitial thickening or partial collapse of lung alveoli

It's in Big Tobacco's best interest to get as many people as possible addicted to nicotine. It was quite convenient to that "vaping" came along, since most people now know smoking is very bad for your health. I think Big Tobacco is quite interested in having vaping succeed. The percentage of kids now addicted to nicotine is MUCH higher than it would have been without vaping. How lovely for them. And, if now "conveniently" vaping is removed from the marketplace, those nicotine addicts will have nowhere to turn, except tobacco.

I worked in a warehouse to sell resale items to gas stations. I used to talk to a few people who worked in three different big tobacco brands. (rep's who visit stores to make sure the stores are following contract's ie stocking, pricing, and signage.) I will tell you what they each said here about vaping..

Altria/ Phillip Morris (Marlboro/Copenhagen/Skoal) They partly own Jull and want to own more. Eventually they will stop making cigarettes to focus on vape (already happening in Europe). They bought Jull because they know it is their future.

RJ Reynolds (Camel/Newport/Grizzly) Makes Vuses. Make 4 different types of vapes within two years. Most of ad budget goes to vape. Most of promo budget goes to vape.

Winston Salem (Winston/Salem/Kool) makes blu. Almost all of promo budget goes to blu products. Reps focus more on Blu's in store than their cig's.

In conclusion, Big tobacco knows the future is in vape and wants the future to be in vape. That is where they are pouring all the money. They discount devices dirt cheap (like one or two dollars) to get you hooked. They do not do this with cigs or snuff.

Last edited:
It's in Big Tobacco's best interest to get as many people as possible addicted to nicotine. It was quite convenient to that "vaping" came along, since most people now know smoking is very bad for your health. I think Big Tobacco is quite interested in having vaping succeed. The percentage of kids now addicted to nicotine is MUCH higher than it would have been without vaping. How lovely for them. And, if now "conveniently" vaping is removed from the marketplace, those nicotine addicts will have nowhere to turn, except tobacco.
100% true.

Thought this was appropriate for this thread. First confirmed lung illness case in Colorado that’s been linked to vaping.

Confirmed Case

Just to bounce off my earlier comments related to the increase in young people starting vaping not as a means to stop smoking cigarettes but just starting with it:

The CEO of JUUL advised: "Don't vape. Don't use Juul," Juul CEO Kevin Burns said in an exclusive interview with Tony Dokoupil for "CBS This Morning." "Don't start using nicotine if you don't have a preexisting relationship with nicotine. Don't use the product. You're not our target consumer." He also advises that he doesn't know the long-term consequences but rather is using current definitions/standards for their product.

Unfortunately this is way too late to be doing this save face tactic but it does appear they are implementing some measures in the works with respects to trying to curb usage by those who are younger. The thing that gets me is I think if they were allowed to advertise to youth they would have. No their commercials don't have young people in them but they appeal to young people with how they are used IMO.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/juul-c...kers-not-to-vape-or-use-his-companys-product/
https://www.businessinsider.com/juul-ceo-dont-vape-long-term-effects-unknown-2019-8

The thing that gets me is I think if they were allowed to advertise to youth they would have. No their commercials don't have young people in them but they appeal to young people with how they are used IMO.
Also, commercials with adults, usually young adults, looking 'cool', having fun, appeals greatly to young kids who want to 'grow up' and be like the people in the ads/commercials. It's been that way back to the cigarette commercials I remember from the 50's and 60's.

Just to bounce off my earlier comments related to the increase in young people starting vaping not as a means to stop smoking cigarettes but just starting with it:

The CEO of JUUL advised: "Don't vape. Don't use Juul," Juul CEO Kevin Burns said in an exclusive interview with Tony Dokoupil for "CBS This Morning." "Don't start using nicotine if you don't have a preexisting relationship with nicotine. Don't use the product. You're not our target consumer." He also advises that he doesn't know the long-term consequences but rather is using current definitions/standards for their product.

Unfortunately this is way too late to be doing this save face tactic but it does appear they are implementing some measures in the works with respects to trying to curb usage by those who are younger. The thing that gets me is I think if they were allowed to advertise to youth they would have. No their commercials don't have young people in them but they appeal to young people with how they are used IMO.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/juul-c...kers-not-to-vape-or-use-his-companys-product/
https://www.businessinsider.com/juul-ceo-dont-vape-long-term-effects-unknown-2019-8

I believe the phrase is "lip service". Haven't there been leaked documents over the years where the tobacco companies had talked about how they would get children to eventually smoke while having public relations campaigns claiming they didn't want people (especially children) to start smoking?

I haven't seen anything to persuade me that vaping isn't a reasonably safe alternative for smokers who are trying to wean themselves off of cigarettes... but something needs to be done to rein in the use by younger people. I can't believe how many kids I know who would NEVER smoke a cigarette but have taken up vaping, mostly because they believe that as long as they stick to no-nic (zero nicotine) formulas that it isn't dangerous or addictive. A few even think that it is a "safe" way to get the mild rush/buzz of nicotine without "all the chemicals" that are in cigarettes. Makes me wonder what they think is in their vape juice! But with the flavors that are out there, and some of the social media marketing I've seen, I don't have any doubt that the vape companies are actively marketing to underage kids.

To be honest , the only reson im adamant about this thread is that it was the only allternative that worked for me to stop smoking. I get that vaping may not be good. I tryed the allternitives, the gum , patch , drugs etc. This can help people. If you never smoked, or was addicted to something , you really can't understand.
Look into the cold laser method of quitting.Worked for my husband and me 17 years ago.No cravings at all.

Look into the cold laser method of quitting.Worked for my husband and me 17 years ago.No cravings at all.
How long did you smoke for? And how much? Everyone is different. This is good in that we have individuality but bad in that not everyone can be helped by the same things. I will look it up. And good for you on quitting!

How long did you smoke for? And how much? Everyone is different. This is good in that we have individuality but bad in that not everyone can be helped by the same things. I will look it up. And good for you on quitting!
Smoked for more than 25 years.Just look into it.And thanks,we're proud of ourselves!

Ok, lets start with the smoke detector, it depends on the type. Typically it will not set off the school bathroom smokes. ( fyi , i do this for a living). I have no issues with anything ahowing up fasyer with smoking? Can you link your data? I atually get yearly lung x rays and a full work up for asbestos exposure. Lung capacity tests and the like. So far, my lung capacity tests have gotten better? I never said it was good for you, just that its beyyer then smoking. Like i said , post your articles stating it effects the lungs and is much faster progressing. I never have sceen anything conclusive but the news saying ot was so.

And your point is? You are still putting harmful chemicals into your body - just because they haven't shown the side effects yet doesn't mean that it's a good thing. Doctors used to push smoking as a good way to lose weight. We don't know if vaping is better for you than smoking. There's no conclusive evidence yet because vaping is relatively new. Give it a few decades and you might even be one of the case studies?

To be honest , the only reson im adamant about this thread is that it was the only allternative that worked for me to stop smoking. I get that vaping may not be good. I tryed the allternitives, the gum , patch , drugs etc. This can help people. If you never smoked, or was addicted to something , you really can't understand.

SO you've just changed your addiction from one thing to another. How about a psych eval to study the addictive personality? That could help.

Still not buying it. Ground glass , in one , metel shards in another. I don't think that was because of normal vape shop stuff. Had to be black market, drug ladden stuff. To blame all vaping , on something obtained illegally is not good. Nor is not looking to find the real cause behind the glass and metel It would be easy to test the fluid, and or vape smoke of the person effected. I think cursading for a cause is good , but you need to know the cause first and not guess!

LOL "normal" vape shop? Is there such a thing? Every convenience store is selling crap for vaping now.

My point is , as stated, vaping is better then smoking cigarettes. At no point did i say it was safe or harmless. Just better, for me at least. You said yourself the effects are unknown. Vaping has been around for a while now, and even with the few cases of people being hospitalized after vaping questionable stuff. It still pales in comparison to the smoking deaths each year. As for normal vape shop, I'll reiterate so you can understand. All the reports of people being hospitalized was from stuff that isnt sold by vape manufacturers, at least any ones that are tested and mass produced. So normal vape shop stuff , is sealed and tested by the manufacture. It does not contain the hemp or pot oils that the kids are smoking. And yes its sold at gas stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter