• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

Sounds like an amazing night!!
It really was!!!

Now I know how to pronounce Jaleo. :) The food sounds delicious. I love the idea of sharing small plates. I think that is why I like the festival food booths.
LOL! I think I still felt a little tipsy the next morning.

Enjoyed your Valentine's Day Shenanigans from FARTS to Jaleo. What a great day. It looks like y'all closed it down.
Thank you. I didn't realize we closed it down until Joe was editing the vlog, lol!

This morning was a bit rough. It took some of us (ok, me) a while to get out of bed and get going. I may have had a little too much to drink and I just didn't want to get up right away, thus the reason we were nearly 40 minutes late to our breakfast reservation. I believe the other ladies may have had a slow go at it too, if I remember correctly, lol. But, never fear, the Grand Floridian Cafe graciously let us in and seated us right away.

This has become our favorite sit-down breakfast at WDW. I think in the last year alone, we have dined here 4-5 times and each time has been fantastic.

We ordered coffee (for Joe) and tea (for me) and were given those delicious biscuits with citrus butter, one of my most favorite things to eat in all of Disney. Yep, it's that good!!! For our meals, Joe had the avocado toast and I had the fruit plate. Both of us enjoyed our meals immensely.

Since we had dined at the GF, we just walked right up to the monorail station and hopped over to the Magic Kingdom, our park of the day. And, guess who was greeting guests up there?!?! Goofy and Pluto!!!! It was such a surprise and so fun to see them hanging out there. I love these surprise character interactions and I hope Disney keeps them when all this Covid nonsense is over. Don't get me wrong, I still want the meet and greets but I also want the pop-up character surprises!!!

Next up, we meet our friends and enjoy a new to us snack at the Poly...

This looks so refreshing. I think this would be my dish of choice too.

Great videos and reports. There are TWO Jaleo restaurants in our area...so I may have to try to make a reservation at one in the future and see if it lives up to the hype of the DS one! We have a place in Baltimore that makes some WICKED good Sangria, very strong, one pitcher was more than enough for 3 of us to share, that we haven't been back to since last time all of the adults indulged and we weren't sure any of us should be driving after that. We want to go back and maybe have a non-drinking person with us.

We also really like Grand Floridian Cafe and those biscuits and the butter. YUM! May have to add that for our upcoming girls trip one morning. Although we did Ale and Compass our most recent trip and really enjoyed that one also.

We also really like Grand Floridian Cafe and those biscuits and the butter. YUM! May have to add that for our upcoming girls trip one morning. Although we did Ale and Compass our most recent trip and really enjoyed that one also.
We just ate at Ale and Compass too and really liked it. I went in with low expectations but was really happy with the outcome. Both service and food were incredible.

Kinda wished I"d made an ADR for a breakfast at GF on our MK morning. UGH! Now we'll have to fight the masses for an early morning start. I'd have gone with the Wave, but now you make me wanna try the Cafe!

Sounds like a wonderful start to the day! Look at cute Pluto and Goofy are!!
It was a good way to start the day. We just have never been rope drop people and taking the parks at a more leisurely pace has worked out nicely for us.

Kinda wished I"d made an ADR for a breakfast at GF on our MK morning. UGH! Now we'll have to fight the masses for an early morning start. I'd have gone with the Wave, but now you make me wanna try the Cafe!
I highly recommend it, Leisa! We have literally been here 4-5 times just this past year and have enjoyed it each time.

I’ve been very into fresh fruit for the past month, so your breakfast looks mouth watering my good!! I also hope they keep all those random appearances. I would love to be able to experience them and I don’t know exactly when I’ll be back...

We met up with Ariane and Steve in the latter part of the morning. We rode a few rides together and got to see the Rainy Day Parade (which was a first for me and Joe), then monorailed it over to the Poly for a very special snack. This is one I had been dying to try for a VERY long time and one I knew Ariane would be up for too. We got the pulled pork nachos which were everything Ariane said they would be. If you have not tried these and love the pineapple/pulled pork duo, then I highly recommend them. I told Joe that we will be making a special stop at the Poly on our next trip (to be discussed in a later update) for these delicious goodies. Honestly, I am currently salivating for them...Oh, and one of the servers noticed Ariane's birthday pin and brought her over the cutest, Valentine cupcake.

After our time together with the besties, Joe drove us all back to the resort. Ariane had some work to do and Joe and I wanted to spend some time at the pool. Spoiler alert, Joe fell asleep for a bit, so I met up with Melinda and R (who hadn't left the resort yet). We ordered us some food and drinks at the Dig Site pool bar. We took them over to one of the quiet pools because the main pool was beyond crowded and LOUD. Joe eventually met up with us and the 4 of us sat together, chatted, and just enjoyed each other's company. It was a really nice way to spend the afternoon. I think I ordered a Mule and I definitely had an order of chicken tenders with fries, which were delicious. I swear Disney makes the best tenders!!!

It was now time to head back to the room because we had dinner plans. Unfortunately, Ariane and Steve would not be joining us this night. Ariane had a ton of work to get through and had to cancel. But, we did meet up after dinner...

Stay tuned to find out where Joe and I had dinner and where we ended up after our meal...

We ordered coffee (for Joe) and tea (for me) and were given those delicious biscuits with citrus butter, one of my most favorite things to eat in all of Disney. Yep, it's that good!!! For our meals, Joe had the avocado toast and I had the fruit plate. Both of us enjoyed our meals immensely.
That breakfast looks so good. I would devour that avocado toast happily!
I love these surprise character interactions and I hope Disney keeps them when all this Covid nonsense is over. Don't get me wrong, I still want the meet and greets but I also want the pop-up character surprises!!!
I love the pop up character surprises. I hope they stay around too. :)
We met up with Ariane and Steve in the latter part of the morning. We rode a few rides together and got to see the Rainy Day Parade (which was a first for me and Joe), then monorailed it over to the Poly for a very special snack. This is one I had been dying to try for a VERY long time and one I knew Ariane would be up for too. We got the pulled pork nachos which were everything Ariane said they would be. If you have not tried these and love the pineapple/pulled pork duo, then I highly recommend them. I told Joe that we will be making a special stop at the Poly on our next trip (to be discussed in a later update) for these delicious goodies. Honestly, I am currently salivating for them...Oh, and one of the servers noticed Ariane's birthday pin and brought her over the cutest, Valentine cupcake.
Mmmmm, those pulled pork nachos are to die for. I tried them on my March Break solo trip in 2019 and loved them. So rich though, I really needed someone to split them with as I left half behind.

the Grand Floridian Cafe graciously let us in and seated us right away.

This has become our favorite sit-down breakfast at WDW.
This is such a nice place to have breakfast. Ale & Compass serves citrus butter, along with two other toppings, with the Parkerhouse roll appetizer. I wonder if the two citrus butters taste the same?
We got the pulled pork nachos which were everything Ariane said they would be.
I love these nachos but it is so hard to get over to the Poly for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter