Valentines, Vixens and Vodka!! 7/5/2021 COMPLETE! NEW TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED!

I’ve been very into fresh fruit for the past month, so your breakfast looks mouth watering my good!! I also hope they keep all those random appearances. I would love to be able to experience them and I don’t know exactly when I’ll be back...
It was totally unexpected and very cute.

Mmmmm, those pulled pork nachos are to die for. I tried them on my March Break solo trip in 2019 and loved them. So rich though, I really needed someone to split them with as I left half behind.
I could have seriously eaten them all without Joe's help, lol!!!

Those nachos look so good! Love that Ariane got a birthday cupcake too. Sometimes it's the little things that make the day so special.
The Rainy Day Cavalcade made me smile so much, I was even singing along. Thank your lucky stars you're far enough away not to have to endure my dulcet ( not a note in my head) tones :rotfl:

Those nachos look so good! Love that Ariane got a birthday cupcake too. Sometimes it's the little things that make the day so special.
The Rainy Day Cavalcade made me smile so much, I was even singing along. Thank your lucky stars you're far enough away not to have to endure my dulcet ( not a note in my head) tones :rotfl:
The Rainy Day Parade was adorable, and I find myself humming along all the time, lol!

Review of Amorette's Love is in the Air Petit "Up" Cake at Disney Springs!

This was such a delicious cake. It was so good, that we wanted to share it with you. There were so many amazing layers and the fondant was very light, which didn't take away from the taste at all. We bought this cake the day we arrived at Destino Towers but it sat in our fridge for 3 days before we tore into it. 😁

I Love the pulled pork nacho. My all time favorite quick service item.

I heard there was a 2 hour wait to use the Dig pool this past week, ugh!

Andi loves Disney’s chicken tenders.

I Love the pulled pork nacho. My all time favorite quick service item.

I heard there was a 2 hour wait to use the Dig pool this past week, ugh!

Andi loves Disney’s chicken tenders.
I heard that too. There was a waiting list at the pool, 3 Bridges and The Dahlia Bar in February. I’d have been very angry had we not been able to get in the pool as it’s one of the amenities that draw people to these resorts. I get the whole distancing thing but it’s outside and didn’t look nearly as crowded to warrant a wait list.

This was such a delicious cake. It was so good, that we wanted to share it with you. There were so many amazing layers and the fondant was very light, which didn't take away from the taste at all. We bought this cake the day we arrived at Destino Towers but it sat in our fridge for 3 days before we tore into it. 😁
That cake looked so good! You two check out so many cool spots at Disney Springs. That's one thing Bill and I want to do on our next couple's trip. Maybe we will stay at SSR for a few days and hang out at the pool and DS!

The Up cake looked really good. It is hard to tell how big it is from the video, but it looks like it would feed a few people.

I'm one of those people who scrape 90% of the frosting off the cake and just eat the cake part. All of those gorgeous cakes and cupcakes are wasted on me. ;)

That cake looked so good! You two check out so many cool spots at Disney Springs. That's one thing Bill and I want to do on our next couple's trip. Maybe we will stay at SSR for a few days and hang out at the pool and DS!
You definitely should. Just request a preferred room or it could be a loooooong walk. That's what we did and it was super convenient. But more on that a little later...

The Up cake looked really good. It is hard to tell how big it is from the video, but it looks like it would feed a few people.
It's considered a mini cake and it could easily feed four for about $20.

That breakfast looks amazing! And definitely want to try those pork nachos next trip! When we were there a few weeks ago, we had just had breakfast at Kona. Too early (and full) for nachos then!
We aren't fans of Kona. We've had too many bad experiences there, the latest this past September. But, I HIGHLY recommend GFC and those nachos at Capt Cooks are sooooo delicious!

Lots of good food shared. Someday I'm going to get me those nachos.
OMG! I can't thank Ariane enough!!!!

Happy Easter weekend everyone!!! I hope this holiday finds everyone happy, healthy, and with family and friends. It's been a looooong year and I'm hoping enough of you have been vaccinated to allow you to see loved ones and have an amazing day!!! I will be making a turkey breast with all the sides for my family and eating LOTS of Cadbury Eggs, lol! The weather is supposed to be beautiful so I'm hoping Joe and I can talk a walk at some point too.

Now, on with the show...Joe and I had dinner at Cali Grill this night. Ariane got tied up with work, so she and Steve met us at MK after dinner along with Melinda and her husband, R. It was so nice to finally be in the Magic Kingdom at night. It honestly brought tears to my eyes. But, I'm getting waaaay ahead of myself. First, dinner...

The food was delicious at Cali Grill as always but the service was a bit lacking again. There just didn't seem to be enough staff to adequately take care of the guests. That, and our server kept asking us if we wanted the souffle for dessert, to which we told him no less than 3 times, NO! I don't know what it is with this restaurant. The food is always amazing but the service is always hit or miss.

Let me start by saying our table location was crappy. My bad. I should've asked right away for a new table. We were to the very left of the restaurant by the cash registers. I missed not having a window view and I normally would have said something but decided not to this evening. BIG MISTAKE! We were in a heavily trafficked area (by wait staff) and our view was of said wait staff cashing guests out.

For drinks, I started with a blueberry martini and Joe had some kind of foo foo drink. Joe loved his. Mine was good too, but whoever made the drink didn't sugar the entire rim, only about 1/4 of it, which was just weird. For apps, I had the wedge and Joe had the strawberry salad. These were both great and Joe and I ate every bite. For our entrees, we both had sushi. I had the Cali Combo and Joe had the Dreamsicle roll (I think that's what it was called). Both of these rolls were fantastic. We skipped dessert because we were anxious to get back to MK.

I hate being so negative during a restaurant review. I just feel it's best, to keep things real and not everything is going to be great because it has Disney stamped on it. For the price to eat here, not only should the food be good but the service needs to be too. If one or both is off, it ruins the whole experience. This is how it was for us.

After paying the bill, Joe and I walked over to the MK. It was the first time being in a park at night in almost a year. I'm not going to lie, it made my heart flutter. All the lights and the Castle lit up just looked beautiful. We met up with our friends and rode BTMRR together and then ending up splitting up. They all wanted to get on 7DMT and I wanted to get on PotC. So we said our see you laters and Joe and I managed to not only ride Pirates, but JC and the Flying Carpets too. We were the last "flight" of the evening which made the end of our evening even more magical.

Next up, Joe, Ariane, Steve and I head to Animal Kingdom for the day...

We were sad to miss CG but I would have felt so stressed if I didn't get done what I got done! At least we missed a bad table lol.
We have family coming Sunday and we'll celebrate Ricky's birthday which is next Thursday since he's home for the weekend :)

Happy Easter everyone 🐣
The sun is out here in Ireland whoop whoop🎉🤣
We are having a socially distant bbq today with our daughter and son-in-law and wee grandson whom we will have hidden lots of mini Cadbury eggs around the garden for. My Easter Sunday sounds a lot like yours Jen. Turkey dinner and lots of Cadbury eggs. Yum 😋

Sorry CG wasn’t up to scratch service wise. Really at those pricier restaurants everything needs to be perfect but I’m glad that at least you enjoyed the food. Your evening at MK sounds perfect. I can’t wait to get back there someday and can totally get why you’d tear up at little. Glad your evening ended on a great note. Can’t imagine anything better than meeting up with great friends at MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter