Val & Dan's PJ- Wedding Canceled

I just wanted to say hi, I ran across your planning thread and really liked it. Sounds like you have a lot of great ideas.

Off topic, what does the Indy mean in your user name? At first I thought it was for Indianapolis, but I don't think so anymore. I know strange question but I live in Indiana so I have to ask. :rotfl2:

Thanks! Indy is my dog's name. :dogdance: She is named after Indiana Jones the Ride at Disneyland. I know it's weird but that my favorite ride. Her full name is Indiana but I'm a big nickname user. In fact- I hardly call her Indy anymore. I've been calling her Pish lately. It's a long story and I could go on for days about my sweet little pup! And- I always wonder about UserNames if they aren't self explanatory!

I don't think it's odd you're contacting people early! Better than last minute! I'm Jewish and my df is Catholic so we're incorperating different aspects of both like a unity candle (or sand ceremony) and the breaking of the glass. I don't know if getting married under a chupah or some covering is possible on the beach but if we were getting married on land we'd have it for sure. I know that these days many weddings have chupahs that are decorated with flowers and such b/c they look pretty. Just some ideas if it helps!

Thank you for your ideas! I'm not sure if he wants to do anything religious at all. But, I think it might be nice for his family. My family prior to my generation were all raised catholic but as we all know catholic and Disney don't mix! ;) Chupahs do look pretty. I'm gonna have to look into a bit more. Maybe talk to him about it.

OMGOMGOMG I LOVE the White house in anaheim!!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to use it!!!!!
It is so classy and the food....OMG!

Good! I'm glad to know someone who enjoys it. I've read really mixed reviews about it. But- DF told his mom that's where he wants it so she's basically stopped looking. It looks really pretty.

Thanks! Indy is my dog's name. :dogdance: She is named after Indiana Jones the Ride at Disneyland. I know it's weird but that my favorite ride. Her full name is Indiana but I'm a big nickname user. In fact- I hardly call her Indy anymore. I've been calling her Pish lately. It's a long story and I could go on for days about my sweet little pup! And- I always wonder about UserNames if they aren't self explanatory!

Ahh OK I got it now. How cute, we have nick names for our doggies too, so I totally understand.

My avatar is a pic of Val's Indy.

First she was Indiana, after the best ride at Disneyland. Then she started being known as Indelicious. Then as Indelicious Pishus. Now she is Pish or Pishy.

We had a doggy named Holly because we got her around Christmas. But she loved green beans, and ended up being known as Beanie.

Maybe we shouldn't name our animals until we have had them for a while!

Well, I suppose you summed up my long story very well! Only 18 days until my planning session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My avatar is a pic of Val's Indy.

First she was Indiana, after the best ride at Disneyland. Then she started being known as Indelicious. Then as Indelicious Pishus. Now she is Pish or Pishy.

We had a doggy named Holly because we got her around Christmas. But she loved green beans, and ended up being known as Beanie.

Maybe we shouldn't name our animals until we have had them for a while!

:rotfl2: Those poor doggies never know what name to listen for. I think our Puggle, Oscar, thinks his name is NO NO Bad Dog! :eek:

Well, I suppose you summed up my long story very well! Only 18 days until my planning session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: You will have to let us know how that goes

This weekend my Mom finished some shirts she made everyone to wear while we are at the PS. I only have pics of the one's she made for Dan and myself because I got a horrible headache yesterday when she was finished. She spent many hours working on them and they turned out really well! I'm very excited to wear them. She also has one for herself that says Disney MOB. I decided if people don't know what a MOB is they don't matter to me! Also, she made my sister a Disney Maid of Honor shirt with a hidden pluto (My sis's fav). They all look like my Disney Bride shirt. Here they are...
PSShirts001.jpg

PSShirts002.jpg

PSShirts003.jpg

That's all I really have right now... Next time I'm at my Mom's (which is this Thursday) I'll take pics of the other shirts.

Oh- I didn't realize those pictures would be so large! I was using the old photobucket uploader to do multiple pics at the same time. Oh well. Next time

Val -- The shirts are absolutely wonderful! :thumbsup2 What a dear your Mom is to have done all that work for all of you. :love: Can't wait to see pix of you all wearing them!

GRRrR!! :mad:

I knew I didn't trim the Disney Bride one down enough.

I must have trimmed it after cocktail hour...

Now that I see it again I am sad...I may have to make another!

Whaaaat??? I see nothing wrong!??

Are you coming off a cocktail hour now? Perhaps your vision is impaired NOW! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

I can't believe I never made it over to your journal until now! You have done so many wonderful crafts from your bridesmaids cards to your newsletters. I love the shirts your mom made for you too. The pictures of the two of you working on things are so cute :goodvibes

Everything is amazing; I can't wait to see how everything comes together at Disneyland. I've seen a Fantasmic dessert party right inside the parks, but would love to see how they do things at the hotels. Your food options sound great, I bet you can't wait to try everything at your planning session.

I'm hooked, I can't wait to read more!

Val -- The shirts are absolutely wonderful! :thumbsup2 What a dear your Mom is to have done all that work for all of you. :love: Can't wait to see pix of you all wearing them!

Thank you! Yes, my Mother can be fabulous when she wants too!!! :lmao:

The shirt looks great!!! And- the canvas iron was a LOT harder to cut than the one we used for the other shirts. Plus- Express doesn't have that shirt anymore and I HAVE to be twinsies with Goose.

Whaaaat??? I see nothing wrong!??

Are you coming off a cocktail hour now? Perhaps your vision is impaired NOW! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

She probably was! :rotfl:

:rotfl: The shirts look great! You did a great job!

She did do a fabulous job!

I can't believe I never made it over to your journal until now! You have done so many wonderful crafts from your bridesmaids cards to your newsletters. I love the shirts your mom made for you too. The pictures of the two of you working on things are so cute :goodvibes

Everything is amazing; I can't wait to see how everything comes together at Disneyland. I've seen a Fantasmic dessert party right inside the parks, but would love to see how they do things at the hotels. Your food options sound great, I bet you can't wait to try everything at your planning session.

:goodvibes Thank you Vanessa!!! I'm counting down and planning my PS trip everyday packing one more thing into the very short trip every day!

Hmmm...I wonder where I got the Disney Bride image from?

Thank You Vanessa! :worship:

I modified it for Val's sister and myself, we will be probably a little obvious at Disneyland only 2 weeks away!

Can't wait!

Hi Val - I saw you on the GCH question and replied to you there and then decided to read your PS! You've come a long way in the planning!

I live in Burbank - the other side of Los Angeles from DL - and got married at the GCH on 12/23/2001 - one of the first year's group of brides to be married in the GCH wedding courtyard. If it's the same woman, Cynthia actually manned my wedding on the day of! Everyone was so wonderful during the process, especially considering what happened at the last minute - my husband's mother died the day before the wedding (she was living out of state and terminally ill, so it was expected)!

We had a noon wedding with reception after and ended up with 85 guests in the Trillium room. (At Christmas, we couldn't do an evening reception with all of the corporate parties reserving the rooms). Disney did our flowers, string trio, DJ, food, and cake (with groom's cake, too). We chose to have a dinner meal instead of lunch and brought in our own wines for dinner. I had the same initial shock about the room size - they seem so small when they are empty, but you would be surprised at what they look like filled. Simply beautiful! We went with the standard hotel place setting (with the green and gold brocade) to save money and it was extremely elegant. The DL DJ was pretty much the cost of local DJs and he did exactly what we needed and wanted him to do. We also provided a small stack of our own music, too. The string trio was perfect. The cake was extremely tasty and the top layer held up VERY well for our first anniversary! We had chocolate and gran marnier cream, I think. I would have to look!:rolleyes1

I saw you had some indecision on the officiant for the ceremony. If I can share, I went off the recommended vendor list, and chose Reverend Sara for our officiant. She is a reformed Catholic priest, a grandmother to a ton of kids, and was just the warmest and most wonderful person for the job! I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I still have her email with my wedding ceremony. When we informed her of my MIL dying, she was the ultimate in compassionate and worked it into the ceremony at our request. She even said a few words to honor our deceased fathers and stepfather. (My mom did actually get to attend...) I don't know if she still is out there, but I have her email.

We also had the best photographer - Bob Ortiz www.bobortiz.com
I need to scan them in, but we had the most amazing album. (We weren't digital back then!) He was so professional and he work was just incredible. I really have never looked better in my life! If you aren't locked in to your choice, look him up. You have plenty of time! I know you're going to be down here in another week or two, but if you would like to see it, we seem to be at the park a lot lately! ;) Bob had a video team in his office, too, as well as a hair and make-up team. I think it might have been one of the two that you had mentioned. Bob costs a bit more, but we have never regretted it.

As far as dinner goes, we can't say enough about the food - bur we never got to have a tasting session! Lucky you! I'm assuming you are going with the "Be Our Guest" bread and butter entry with the servers - do they still offer that? It's very fun and was the talk of our relatives!

Well, I guess I overshared enough about what we did, but I saw that you wanted to hear about the experiences of other DL brides, so I thought I would post. I am still happy about the experience they provided us and still recommend them.

Best wishes on your upcoming experiences - the time will definitely go fast!!!
Nancy

Nancy! Thank You!

You are so sweet to share your information, and I don't know about Val, but I don't remember hearing anything from Cynthia about "Be our Guest"

That sounds like such fun, what is it? Do they play that music while serving the bread and butter?

Oh I love that song!

Did you have Mickey and Minnie?

I am sure I will cry when Val and Dan get their picture taken with Mickey and Minnie in all their pretty formal clothes!

The Be Our Guest option had the music start and the servers entered in somewhat of choreographed parade across the dance floor with the bread and butter, before distributing it to the tables! It was really fun - and free! (If you didn't want a "Disneyfied" wedding, you could opt out.) It was actually the only Disney reference we had in the whole reception, but made it special! After everything was all said and done, we couldn't afford to have Mickey and Minnie stop by!

I wish you guys all of the best. Val is so lucky to have her mom be able to help. Mine lived out of state in a nursing home, so I was simply thrilled and lucky to be able to bring her out (with a nursing aide) to attend! We miss having family close by all the time!

My only other peice of advice - don't forget the guestbook - they are harder to get once you are on property than you think. Candles - you can replace candles (thanks to the Illuminations shop)! We had to get a memorial candle at the last minute for his mother....

We did, however, have a special friend in a high place that pulled in a favor with gate security and allowed us to get through the turnstiles at DL in our wedding clothes - that isn't allowed to happen! We have a very dark photo of ourselves - that we had to take very quickly - in from of the castle in my gown and his tux. I had a black leather jacket that I had to keep on while we were in the park (it was really cold that night , so I didn't mind), but that didn't stop folks from putting 2 and 2 together!

Nancy

I love the shirts. I came out of lurkdom just to let you know I have enjoyed reading a fellow arizonan's (is that a word???) PJ. I wish I had even thought about getting married at Disney. Oh well, at least we honeymooned at WDW. Maybe it is time to start thinking about a VR...

I would love to see any other T-shirts you have. I have plenty of designs I have gotten from the wonderful designers on these boards, but have yet to get the courage to try them out.

Thank you ponchos! Funny, we are trying to decide if we should buy some ahead of time for Val's welcome bags. What does anybody think? I know sometimes I don't want to get wet on Grizzly Rapids!

C4alymom, I may have asked you this elsewhere on the board, but if I did I don't remember, so forgive me!

What part of Arizona are you from?

There are a few of us here, we need to plan a meet!

After Val's planning session, which is now less than 2 weeks away!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Nancy,

Thank you so much for your experience, it is always fun reading about DL Brides weddings! The be your guest bread and butter thing does sound like a fun time. Also, thanks for the vendor referrals. I will look into them. I can't believe you got to wear your dress in the park! That must have been thrilling! How long were you in the park with it on? Sounds like a bit of time if people were suspicous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter