Val & Dan's PJ- Wedding Canceled

val, the hats can be made out of gumpaste, if you're so inclined to do that sort of thing! :thumbsup2

val, the hats can be made out of gumpaste, if you're so inclined to do that sort of thing! :thumbsup2

I had a feeling that's what they were made out of. Crafting with scissors and glue is easy. Crafting with food??? Terrifying!! :rotfl:

you're such a DIYer! that's awesome! I love your welcome package/newsletter stuff! Totally makes me wish I was having a bigger wedding so I could make fun stuff too... :)

Thank you!!!! You should totally do some! The less you have to do easier it is. And, everyone LOVED the newsletters. So many people told me how excited it got them for the wedding. That's the biggest reason I did it all. To build excitement. Like sneak previews for movies. :lmao:

Val, I just caught up with your TR - your dress is lovely & the food sounds delicious! You're very crafty, I love the welcome bags & newsletter idea - especially the opening paragraph about why you chose Disney. I hope it works to excite those you worry won't enjoy Disney as much! I may have to borrow that in the future for the non-disney-obsessors like myself :goodvibes

Everything looks wonderful!!!! Love the newsletters!!!! I really like the first necklace better.

Val, I just caught up with your TR - your dress is lovely & the food sounds delicious! You're very crafty, I love the welcome bags & newsletter idea - especially the opening paragraph about why you chose Disney. I hope it works to excite those you worry won't enjoy Disney as much! I may have to borrow that in the future for the non-disney-obsessors like myself :goodvibes

Oh it definantly got people excited for the wedding! Of course people also started asking me when the next one was coming! :rotfl: I hadn't figured on that!

Congratulations - sounds like you are planning a true fairy tale wedding!

Thank you! I can't wait until the big day but I also don't know what I'll do with myself when the planning is over. I now wonder what I did with myself before planning started! :hyper:

Everything looks wonderful!!!! Love the newsletters!!!! I really like the first necklace better.

Thank you! I think I like the first one better too! Perhaps I'll order it so I can try it on with my dress. Whenever that comes in.

First off I would like to apoligize for my spelling errors! My mother is hyper-aware of spelling errors in my PJ and points out every one of them! :rotfl2: It has to do with her sales woman career- that sort of thing matters. Not here on the Dis though! However, it would be nice if there were some sort of spell check on here.

I just ordered a sample of the scroll invitations that Crown Princess introduced me too! (Thanks by the way!) I can't wait for it to come in. I had wanted to do my own invitations but I haven't been able to come up with something that I like. I'm going to keep tinkering though. I didn't realize the scroll invitations were made in India or somewhere though until the website told me the final price was 215 rupees! :lmao: I was like WHAT?????? It made me a little afraid to order a sample, I'm not going to lie! Then they wanted me to do some weird thing with my debit card that I had never been asked to do. I'll post a pic of it when it comes in.

We got a fabulous engagement present from DF's Dad & Stepmom. They got us a grill which DF is over the moon about! We've had a countertop plug in thing that we use all the time but he feels the food tastes better on a real grill. I'm happy because he feels he is more knowledgable about grill cooking than me so I don't have to cook as often! :cool1:

Hey Val,

I just read through your journal (the whole thing, instead of working) and its great to see all you've done!

I'm having a Disneyland wedding one month and a day after you! I'm totally excited and I just started my journal over in the lgbt section, maybe we'll compare notes :goodvibes

Hey Val,

I just read through your journal (the whole thing, instead of working) and its great to see all you've done!

I'm having a Disneyland one month and a day after you! I'm totally excited and I just started my journal over in the lgbt section, maybe we'll compare notes :goodvibes

OMG!!!!!!!! Another Disneyland Wedding on these boards! We have to be best friends now! :rotfl2: I can't wait to read your PJ. I'm off to do just that!

our grooms have the same name !! dans are wonderful men, aren't they ?!?! i have just started reading your pj but i had to post that lol. :-) i'll just add comments to this post as i read your journal to save space. :-)

I have enought to post pictures! YAY!

Here is the outside of the Bridesmaid's cards...
MaidCards019.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is the inside: I know it's hard to see. I found some poems on the net and printed them on textured paper using Waltograph.
MaidCards018.jpg

And here is my mother and I working very hard on them! Took us about four hours to get them all done.
MaidCards017.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't know if I'm up to making the invitations to the wedding. I guess it all comes down to budget issues. (doens't everything? :) )

your invitations are beautiful ! i can't believe you and your mom made them !! you guys have talent in your family.

our grooms have the same name !! dans are wonderful men, aren't they ?!?! i have just started reading your pj but i had to post that lol. :-) i'll just add comments to this post as i read your journal to save space. :-)

I know! Isn't that fun? I always think it's me when I see your user name. :lmao: Thank you for your compliments on the cards we made. I still love them!

So not too much going on here. I did hear back from Cynthia about my dessert pary. She said I wouldn't be able to see the fireworks from that location. :( She did say however, that I would be able to use the spot for a site fee and a $50 ++ pp charge. I want to find out what sort of desserts that will be but I'm sort of leaning away from the dessert party. :worried: It would be different if there were some event going on. I read that they are looking to start some sort of water show in DCA and I might look into that IF it's happenig. I don't know when they plan to begin doing it but it doesn't sound like they are offering private areas to watch it. I just think for that money we can host a brunch the next morning or something. My mom of course thinks we will just save the money if we don't do a DP but I feel differently! ;)

I had decided to get my BM a 3 day park hopper for their gifts. I figured they can upgrade if they need to but since I don't know how long everyone is staying 3 day's would be safe. I made some gift certificates for them today since I didn't want them buying them early. Here's a pic. I'm not sure if I'm done yet. I might add a bit more but I'm not sure. It took me three trips to Michaels and I had to do one of them twice! So I might just leave them as it!

3dayparkhoppergc011.jpg

Also, FMIL has found a great place we might use for the rehearsal dinner. It's beautiful! I'm going to go check it out when we are there for the PS. They offer free limo service to and from hotels so we don't have to worry about transportation. Also, it's only a couple minutes away. My mom wasn't too thrilled because it's off property.:snooty: I think it's beautiful though! Here's the link.http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/

I also got a few flowers from Michaels to try with my hair. :flower3: I'm not sure how to fix it so it'll stay in my hair. I got a pack of the combs they use for veils and a pack of alligaotr clips. The flowers are pretty big though and it might not work. I'll have to work on it. I've started looking at veils. I can't decide which style to get or the lenght or anything. I think I'm going to go with an ivory veil to match the dress.

Also, FMIL has found a great place we might use for the rehearsal dinner. It's beautiful! I'm going to go check it out when we are there for the PS. They offer free limo service to and from hotels so we don't have to worry about transportation. Also, it's only a couple minutes away. My mom wasn't too thrilled because it's off property.:snooty: I think it's beautiful though! Here's the link.http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/

The restaurant looks really cool, but the way things are looking it looks like our rehearsal dinner may be around 20 people and thats one area where I was thinking of cutting costs. Maybe I'll just take them all to goofy's kitchen and have a silly time.

Well, after reading the menu, I have no problem at all!

Everything looks very good, and I looooove the fact that somebody else is paying for it! :lmao:

Yum Yum gimme some!

So, we are just under a month for my planning session at Disneyland. :scared1: I can't wait!!!!!!! Although, I am starting to worry about how much we have planned. I am talking to the DJ company I want to use and will have a meeting with one of their DJ's. I will have my trial for my hair and make up which I should be setting up my appointment this week. Plus- the planning and tasting session. AND I am going to try to sneak over to the resaurant we are looking to use for the rehearsal dinner! AGH! That is a lot to pack into three days. We get there very early- before the park opens on Tuesday and leave in the evening on Thursday. I've also never been to DL during July so I'm kinda worried about the lines and weather at the park.

I'm not going to be able to meet with the photographer because she doesn't travel for meetings and I don't have time to travel to her. Nor will I be able to meet with an officiant because I just haven't thought that far out. I've contacted three or four and all seemed surprised I was contacting them so early. :confused3 I like to be prepared is all! But, DF and I haven't really talked about the type of ceremony we want. He was raised Jewish and LOVES being Jewish but I don't think he wants to have a Jewish ceremony. So, there needs to be a conversation before I make any decisions about the officiant.
Anyhow- I have to get to work! I just realized what time it is! :moped:

I just wanted to say hi, I ran across your planning thread and really liked it. Sounds like you have a lot of great ideas.

Off topic, what does the Indy mean in your user name? At first I thought it was for Indianapolis, but I don't think so anymore. I know strange question but I live in Indiana so I have to ask. :rotfl2:

But, DF and I haven't really talked about the type of ceremony we want. He was raised Jewish and LOVES being Jewish but I don't think he wants to have a Jewish ceremony. So, there needs to be a conversation before I make any decisions about the officiant.
Anyhow- I have to get to work! I just realized what time it is! :moped:

I don't think it's odd you're contacting people early! Better than last minute! I'm Jewish and my df is Catholic so we're incorperating different aspects of both like a unity candle (or sand ceremony) and the breaking of the glass. I don't know if getting married under a chupah or some covering is possible on the beach but if we were getting married on land we'd have it for sure. I know that these days many weddings have chupahs that are decorated with flowers and such b/c they look pretty. Just some ideas if it helps!

OMGOMGOMG I LOVE the White house in anaheim!!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to use it!!!!!
It is so classy and the food....OMG!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter