Using points for DLParis family rooms

ClaireW

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used points to stay in a larger room at Disneyland Paris? We are a family of 5, and I can see on the DLP site that their family rooms would work for us, but I can't see anything on the points chart that suggests whether I could book one or not using points. We've just cancelled our August trip to WDW and have banked points that we need to find a way to use up!

Shelly F - Ohio

Disney Extraordinaire
Here is the points chart. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/europe/disneyland-hotel-paris/booking/
Its part of the disney collection system and have a different cancelation policy. Once the points are moved to the Collection system they can not be used for DVC rooms if you need to cancel your Paris trip. THey can only be used for another Disney Collection resort. Returned Reservation Points will be deposited into the Use Year in which the cancelled reservation falls. Returned Reservation Points may not be used for Disney Vacation Club Resort reservations or for World Collection exchanges and will expire at the end of your Use Year. Returned Reservation Points cannot be banked.

Jon84

wdwaddictuk
I think financially you'd be better off renting the points and using the cash for DLP

ClaireW

Mouseketeer
Thank you for your replies. First time we’ve ever had points that we might not be able to use so weighing up all the options, including renting and RCI as well as DLP.

DisneyBB

DIS Veteran
Its tricky I have 262 points needed to be used by sept 30th 2021. I would normally rent them out but been stung this year and don't want the hassle. So like the OP I am looking for other ways. DLP, RCI are all in the mix not the best usage but better than none.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.