Finally took the plunge, waaay deep this time! Not sure when I should give hubby the news :scared: Nordstrom has Burberry coats on sale and thankfully my size was available at Neiman Marcus and $223.98 cheaper. :rolleyes: I'll also be sure to tell him I got 10% cb at Rakuten to help soften the blow! :rotfl:

I'll remind him Valentine's Day is just around the corner too! :p

Has anyone seen princess cruise gift cards around in the northeast? I paid the $500 deposit with my amex that had a $100 cash back offer and am now looking for discounted gift cards to pay off the $3k balance. I have checked both stop and shop & price chopper. Neither carry them.
I have until October to pay it in full. My only option If I can’t find discounted gc’s Is to put it on my reserve card for a measly 3 points per dollar. 😒

I have that Amex deal on 2 cards but my cruise is so far away I don't know if I want to drop $1000 right now. I have 2 cruises happening before the Princess one and only 1 is paid off.

Raise sells the Princess gift cards, it is 6% and another 1% on Rakuten - but they only have small denominations eligible at the 6%. I have seen it go as high as 8% with $500 cards available but not right now. It might be worth watching though. I know I will be watching.

@Traveling on cc points I just went to Raise and you can choose the amount of the Princess card. I entered $1000.00 and it tells me I would get $60 CB. I don't see any mention of a CB limit. You could do a couple transactions and apply the CB to the next card. Worst case you'll have a cash back balance to buy another gift card.

And looking at this reminded me I have a CB balance to use from my last Walmart gift card purchase. Thanks. ;)

@Traveling on cc points I just went to Raise and you can choose the amount of the Princess card. I entered $1000.00 and it tells me I would get $60 CB. I don't see any mention of a CB limit. You could do a couple transactions and apply the CB to the next card. Worst case you'll have a cash back balance to buy another gift card.

And looking at this reminded me I have a CB balance to use from my last Walmart gift card purchase. Thanks. ;)
Thank you so much!! I will look into raise.

be careful with the amex offers, you use to be able to add the offers from each card and get credit for both but my understanding is that they now attach the offer to you social security number so you will only get credit Once per offer. From what I have read about it is if your spouse has the offer(even if it’s an AU card) you can get the offer twice.

be careful with the amex offers, you use to be able to add the offers from each card and get credit for both but my understanding is that they now attach the offer to you social security number so you will only get credit Once per offer. From what I have read about it is if your spouse has the offer(even if it’s an AU card) you can get the offer twice.
That is interesting. I did the Sam's $15 back of $30 on both cards 2 weeks ago. I know it was active on both cards but hubby's didn't post. I had actually double checked before making the purchase. I called and they said I didn't activate it even though I am 100% positive I did. So they pushed it through. 2 days later I did it on my card and it went through no issues.

But now I will call first before trying to double dip. Still debating if it is worth doing now or taking a chance that they do the offer again. This is the second time I have see that offer come through in the last year.

That is interesting. I did the Sam's $15 back of $30 on both cards 2 weeks ago. I know it was active on both cards but hubby's didn't post. I had actually double checked before making the purchase. I called and they said I didn't activate it even though I am 100% positive I did. So they pushed it through. 2 days later I did it on my card and it went through no issues.

But now I will call first before trying to double dip. Still debating if it is worth doing now or taking a chance that they do the offer again. This is the second time I have see that offer come through in the last year.
Totally up to you but I would at least do it once. 20% off is as good as it’s going to get as long as you have the cash to pay it off right away.
As long as one is in your name and one is in your husbands, you should be fine. The problem is when you have several amex cards in your name you will only be able to get the credit once.

I don’t think I am allowed to link other websites here but take a look at the points guy or one of the other travel bloggers and they have explained it way better that I did.

Raise sells the Princess gift cards, it is 6% and another 1% on Rakuten - but they only have small denominations eligible at the 6%. I have seen it go as high as 8% with $500 cards available but not right now. It might be worth watching though. I know I will be watching.
Just did the Raise for a $500 Delta ecard @ 8.1% off plus code SEVEN for an additional 7% (max $15) and Rakuten 1% for $440. Thank you.

Stores that have gift card kiosks. Most of know the obvious, the there have been some not so obvious one mentioned recently like Old Navy, JC Penney, Michaels. I stumbled across them at Cumberland Farms recently (convivence store/gas station). No Disney cards seen yet, but Amazon that may help with anyone needing to max their quarter spend on Chase Freedom.

Any other stores out there that may not be obvious places to look?

Stores that have gift card kiosks. Most of know the obvious, the there have been some not so obvious one mentioned recently like Old Navy, JC Penney, Michaels. I stumbled across them at Cumberland Farms recently (convivence store/gas station). No Disney cards seen yet, but Amazon that may help with anyone needing to max their quarter spend on Chase Freedom.

Any other stores out there that may not be obvious places to look?

I saw a lot of GCs (including Disney) at my Hallmark the other day. I had a 15% off coupon and tried to sneak 2 GCs in my order but (no surprise), the coupon didn’t work on the GCs.

Finally took the plunge, waaay deep this time! Not sure when I should give hubby the news :scared: Nordstrom has Burberry coats on sale and thankfully my size was available at Neiman Marcus and $223.98 cheaper. :rolleyes: I'll also be sure to tell him I got 10% cb at Rakuten to help soften the blow! :rotfl:

I'll remind him Valentine's Day is just around the corner too! :p

What you are supposed to do is wrap the coat up and on VDay open it up and front of him and thank him for the gift he didn't know he bought you. Tell him you took the pressure off him this year and it is just what you wanted. :D

My wife did something similar to me this past Christmas except she handed the stuff to me a few days before and told me I had to at least wrap it for her if she went through the trouble of getting the stuff.

be careful with the amex offers, you use to be able to add the offers from each card and get credit for both but my understanding is that they now attach the offer to you social security number so you will only get credit Once per offer.
That is interesting. I did the Sam's $15 back of $30 on both cards 2 weeks ago. I know it was active on both cards but hubby's didn't post.

I remember reading here with AMEX it used to be you needed a different online account for each card to be able to get it twice. I know once I added a Best Buy deal to one card it disappeared from being able to do it for my other card as I have both cards on the same online account.

I remember reading here with AMEX it used to be you needed a different online account for each card to be able to get it twice. I know once I added a Best Buy deal to one card it disappeared from being able to do it for my other card as I have both cards on the same online account.
That used to work but they stopped it awhile back and it's now linked to San, so even if you have separate accounts it doesnt work

We had the Sam's Amex offer on both our cards. Separate accounts. I used his to buy 2 - 24-Piece Member's Mark Glass Food Storage Set by Glasslock and mine to buy a $50 Disney e-gift card. We received $15 credit to our accounts.

We had the Sam's Amex offer on both our cards. Separate accounts. I used his to buy 2 - 24-Piece Member's Mark Glass Food Storage Set by Glasslock and mine to buy a $50 Disney e-gift card. We received $15 credit to our accounts.

Unrelated but I love the glass lock storage sets. I'm not a fan of storing anything acidic in plastic and I hate reheating in plastic. We use these and mason jars for almost all of our food storage. I use a dry erase marker to write the date on top too.

What you are supposed to do is wrap the coat up and on VDay open it up and front of him and thank him for the gift he didn't know he bought you.

:laughing: Many years ago Mom and I were vacationing in Japan for a month, two weeks after I returned home he finally broke down and showed me the motorcycle he bought while I was gone. He was so freaked out, pale in fact! He hid it in garage under layers of old blankets! :rotfl2: DH also showed me the new boots, safety helmet and gloves he bought and tried to convince me he got the best deal in town. Yeah, I was mad, I was mad because he didn't buy me a helmet! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Hello! I'm brand new to this gift card churning process, But my Husband and I are ready to pay $1000 for our WDW trip in September. He would like me to make the payment by next week. Would you recommend me doing the Raise-Wal Mart-Sams Club-DGC? Is there a better deal currently? Thanks in advance for the advice!
Do you have a Discover card? Right now grocery stores/Walgreen/CVS are the 5% cb (or even better if you have a newer Discover that matches at the end of your 1st year) - buy Walmart cards - get DGC at Sam's Club.
Next quarter Discover does have wholesale clubs at 5% so you could skip the Walmart cards

Do you have a Discover card? Right now grocery stores/Walgreen/CVS are the 5% cb (or even better if you have a newer Discover that matches at the end of your 1st year) - buy Walmart cards - get DGC at Sam's Club.
Next quarter Discover does have wholesale clubs at 5% so you could skip the Walmart cards
Who has Walmart GCs? I've not seen them outside of WM/SC and some online shops like resellers.

Or did I misunderstand your post?

Or just buy Disney GC from the grocery store.

Or just buy Disney GC from the grocery store.

The poster is looking for a double dip to say.....The discover cash back and then the discounted cards at Sams. But, like another said, it would only work if the stores sold Walmart gift cards.

Added Offers

Discount District
CVS: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 ExtraBucks Rewards.
Domino’s, Regal Cinemas, Spa & Wellness, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Lowe’s, The Children’s Place, Brinker.
Expires 2/15/20 Link
Note: Stack CVS Chase Offer/BankAmeriDeal if you were targeted, as well as the SimplyMiles deal.

Dollar General: Save 15% On Lowe’s Gift Cards & 10% On Select Other Brands
Applebee’s, Fandango, Krispy Kreme, IHOP, Wendy’s, Brinker, Spa & Wellness, AutoZone, Chili’s
Expires 9/15/20 Link

Giant Eagle: Two New Offers
  • Buy $50 Jiffy Lube & Spafinder eGift Cards & Save $10 Expires 2/26/20 Link
  • Earn 3x Fuelperks+ For Every $50 Spent On Select eGift Cards. Brinker, Chipotle, Darden & Fandango combo, Domino’s, Express & More.
    Expires 2/26/20 Link
Market Basket: Save 10% On Select Gift Cards
Happy Moments, Happy Her, Domino’s, Legal Sea Foods, AMC Theatres, Phantom Gourmet, Spafinder.
Expires 2/15/20 Link

Rite Aid: Earn 16-20% BonusCash On Select Gift Cards.
Netflix, Nike, Macy’s & More
Expires 2/15/20 Link
Stack with Chase Freedom card 10% off Rite Aid, max of $4 Expires 2/15/20 Post #213

Safeway/Albertsons: Three New Offers
  • Earn 10x Reward Points On Academy Gift Cards Expires 2/14/20 Link
  • Save Up To $25 On Visa Gift Cards Expires 2/22/20 Link
  • Buy 2 Select Gift Cards & Save $5. GameStop, Staples, Macy’s, Spa Finder, Happy Dining, Happy Bride. Expires 2/14/20 Link
DoC Notes: Remember to save the offer first to your card before use. You won’t get fuel points on Visa/MC gift cards. Make sure to use a card that earns at a high rate on grocery store purchases. This version of the offer does work on the variable cards.

Target RedCard Holders: $10 Off $100+ Expires 2/15/20 Link
Note, not on gift cards.

Walgreens: Buy 2 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Walgreens Gift Card Free
Brinker, Chili’s, Bass Pro Shop, Cabela’s, Spa & Wellness.
Expires 2/25/20 Link
Note: If the lowest denomination you can load to any of these cards is $25, you’re effectively getting 20% back in the form of a Walgreens gift card. One or more of these brands might be available on $15-$500 variable load cards; if so, that’ll be 33.3% back if buying two $15 cards which is a much better deal.

Warehouses
Sam's Club: Two New Offers
  • Save $25 On Even More Gift Card Brands. Golden Corral, Smokey Bones, Fuddruckers etc, for the full list use the link. Expires 2/12/20 Link
  • Save Extra On Select Gift Cards during their “Tech Savings” event. Over 50 brands available including; Bob Evans, Krispy Kreme, Steak n’ Shake. Expires 3/29/20 Link

Costco: Two New Offers
  • Buy $100 iTunes Gift Cards For $84.99, $25 For $21.49. Limit 2 per denomination. Expires 2/15/20 Link Note: 15%+ is usually the biggest deal you can get on iTunes.
  • Buy $500 Delta Gift Cards For $449.99 (Limit 3) Expiry Date Unknown Link Note: I have not been able to pull this offer up while signed into my account. Also this offer might be available in-store.
Credit Card Offers
Marriot Chase Offers/BofA: Save 10% On Marriott Longer Stays (Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites properties). Expires 3/06/20 Link

Interesting...
Bitmo:
Save 10% on the following gift card brands on Bitmo when using promo code OSCAR2020: Regal Cinemas, AMC Theatres
Expires 2/8/20 Link

Fandango: Save 15% On $50+ Gift Cards With Promo Code TREAT2020
Expires 2/29/20 Link

CardCash: Save Extra 2% On Target Gift Cards With Promo Code TARGETDEAL
Expiry Date Unknown Link
EXPIRED

Air France: Buy $180 Gift Card For $150 Limit 2, Expires 2/20/20 Link

Groupon: Buy $25 Outback Steakhouse Gift Cards For $20 Limit 10, Expiry Date Unknown Link
Note, 20% off Outback Steakhouse gift cards is a decent deal. You should also be able to pay with a Groupon gift card that’s been bought at a discount (e.g. from Staples or Lowe’s with their respective Amex Offers). If you buy the Groupon gift cards at 10% off, that’ll mean you’ll be buying these Outback Steakhouse gift cards for 28% off. Also use cashback website. YMMV.

Burger King: Bring In Photo Of Ex On Valentine’s Day & Get Free Whopper at one of these location ONLY :rolleyes:
  • New York City – 327 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036 (Valid from Feb. 14-16)
  • San Francisco – 35 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Valid Feb. 14)
  • Los Angeles – 545 North Victory Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91502 (Valid Feb. 14)
  • Boston – 150 Everett Avenue, Chelsea, MA 02150 (Valid Feb. 14)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter