I have an AmEx offer for Hilton's Doubletree and Tapestry hotels, spend at least $250 and get $40 back, with an expiration date of 6/30. It's on my personal Platinum.

Totally up to you but I would at least do it once. 20% off is as good as it’s going to get as long as you have the cash to pay it off right away.
As long as one is in your name and one is in your husbands, you should be fine. The problem is when you have several amex cards in your name you will only be able to get the credit once.

I don’t think I am allowed to link other websites here but take a look at the points guy or one of the other travel bloggers and they have explained it way better that I did.

I started reading the fine print & I don't know if I can take advantage of it because I used a TA. I will have to call Amex to see if it will work if my travel agent pays princess direct using my card and my TA to verify that is what she does. (That is how she pays Disney - direct to the source).

Somewhat related question: we were gifted a visa gift/debit card and we would like to use this toward WDW tickets for our next trip. Would we be able to purchase Disney gift cards with this type of card at Shop Disney? Kroger? Target?

Added Offer

Credit Card Offers
I have an AmEx offer for Hilton's Doubletree and Tapestry hotels, spend at least $250 and get $40 back, with an expiration date of 6/30. It's on my personal Platinum.

Interesting but....
Best Buy:
Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Best Buy Gift Card Free
Uber, Uber Eats, StubHub & Harry’s
Expiry date unknown

We've seen better deals

@sandam1 there's only one place selling discounted Uber and that's at Best Buy.

Raise is another option $100 Discount 5.50% Off, your cost $94.50, a promo code would be nice so keep an eye on that!

@Traveling on cc points are you still looking for Princess Cruise or did you buy at Raise?

I havent seen any mention of the Best Buy / Swagbucks deal recently. I just wanted to say I was able to successfully get my SB and Bonus SB recently.
2 SB per $1 spent
Spent $100 & earned 750 Bonus SB.
I also earned Best buy rewards. I bought DGC outright with no fillers.

Interesting. Big fat zero for me in August. Is it hit or miss or just the only time you've tried lately?

For several months (a year? Can't remember when it first died) it was consistently not eligible so I suspect that's why it hasn't been mentioned. Curious if you got a one off or if maybe it slips through.

Datapoint on this. On 2/5 I purchased $100 Disney gift card in store using the Swagbucks QR code. Offer was for 2 SB per $1 spent and $750 bonus for purchase of $100. This morning the activity showed up in my shop log with a big fat zero and ineligible listed to the side.

The same day I used RMN link (7% cash back) to purchase $300 online for in store pick up. I got notice the cash back was pending on 2/8.

Got two Chase offers:

Disney CC 10% Cashback on Groupon expires 2/20 (sometimes they have those 2 for 1 gift card deals)

Disney debit card: 10% Cashback at Starbucks works when you reload the starbucks gift card in the app expires 3/12

Also maybe not a gift card deal but Papyrus stores are going out of business and all of them seem to have deals from 50-80% off so now would be a good time to stock up on birthday/holiday cards.

@FoxC63 Thanks for the head's up on this one!

Does anyone know if you get the BB gift card right away? Can I then turn around and use it to purchase something right away? I just got a new laptop and the external optical drive that I've been eyeing is on sale at BB this week. Pairing the gift card with the sale would give me a REALLY good deal.

Datapoint on this. On 2/5 I purchased $100 Disney gift card in store using the Swagbucks QR code. Offer was for 2 SB per $1 spent and $750 bonus for purchase of $100. This morning the activity showed up in my shop log with a big fat zero and ineligible listed to the side.

The same day I used RMN link (7% cash back) to purchase $300 online for in store pick up. I got notice the cash back was pending on 2/8.
well my purchase now shows ineligible. The only thing I did previously was it was paid via chase pay this time was straight CC no 3rd party involved. I wont try again via chase pay just because my trip is soon and I need to stock up quick with the best discount I can for sure get. My sincere apologies. In the future I wont post until I know its 100% currently working not just working a couple weeks ago and Ill edit my post so others see it.

well my purchase now shows ineligible. The only thing I did previously was it was paid via chase pay this time was straight CC no 3rd party involved. I wont try again via chase pay just because my trip is soon and I need to stock up quick with the best discount I can for sure get. My sincere apologies. In the future I wont post until I know its 100% currently working not just working a couple weeks ago and Ill edit my post so others see it.

I purchased a $100 DGC from Best Buy on Saturday. No activity has shown up on Swagbucks yet. For Best Buy reward points, it shows up as pending (with the normal points listed instead of "0"). For comparison, I bought an iTunes GC in January, and Best Buy issued 0 reward points (*edit* it's because in the terms, iTunes is an apple product, and you only earn points if you buy using BB GC). I also bought a Shell GC in January and that earned Best Buy points. We'll see if Swagbucks transaction actually shows up (though not hopeful).

Last edited:
@FoxC63 Thanks for the head's up on this one!

Does anyone know if you get the BB gift card right away? Can I then turn around and use it to purchase something right away? I just got a new laptop and the external optical drive that I've been eyeing is on sale at BB this week. Pairing the gift card with the sale would give me a REALLY good deal.

Not according to the terms: Best Buy gift card will ship separately and is not available for Store Pickup.
Which I find weird, why can't you get one in-store? Here's the link Best Buy
Also if you plan on purchasing something other than GC's be sure to use Swagbucks QR code and are a BB Reward Member. :thumbsup2

Added Offers

Credit Card Offers
Groupon Disney CC: 10% Cashback on Groupon (sometimes they have those 2 for 1 gift card deals). Expires 2/20/20

Starbucks Disney debit card:
10% Cashback at Starbucks works when you reload the starbucks gift card in the app. Expires 3/12/20

I wonder if you can buy a Groupon gift card with this Chase offer, then do this deal:

Groupon: Buy $25 Outback Steakhouse Gift Cards For $20 Limit 10, Expiry Date Unknown Link
Note, 20% off Outback Steakhouse gift cards is a decent deal. You should also be able to pay with a Groupon gift card that’s been bought at a discount (e.g. from Staples or Lowe’s with their respective Amex Offers). If you buy the Groupon gift cards at 10% off, that’ll mean you’ll be buying these Outback Steakhouse gift cards for 28% off. Also use cashback website. YMMV.

Also note Rakuten is 6% cashback Link

Raise is another option $100 Discount 5.50% Off, your cost $94.50, a promo code would be nice so keep an eye on that!

@Traveling on cc points are you still looking for Princess Cruise or did you buy at Raise?
Nope. Not yet. Unless a good coupon comes out, the percentage off isn’t worth the hassle vs just paying with my travel CC. My plan is to check the last grocery store in my area to see if they carry them. Thanks for checking!!

More Offers Added

Credit Card Offers
Amazon: Two Offers
  • Save 20% On Gift Cards For Grubhub, Seamless, TGI Fridays, Match.com & Shoney’s. The Shoney’s deal expires today (February 10). The others will likely end once Amazon sells out of however many of them they’ve allocated for this promotion. Link
  • Amazon: Save 20% On Aeropostale, Krispy Kreme & Cold Stone Creamery Gift Cards. Limit 1 per brand. Expires 2/10/20. Link
  • Be sure to check out "Complete Guide To Saving Money On Amazon (Save 8% – 27%+)" for additional savings. Link

Interesting...
Best Buy: Buy $30 Audible Gift Card & Get $5 Best Buy Gift Card Free
If you had two or more Audible gift cards to your cart, only one $5 Best Buy gift card is automatically added. It might be possible to do this deal more than once in separate transactions, but I think these types of deals usually have a limit of one and so that’s doubtful.
Expiry date unknown.

eGifter:
Buy $25 Regal Cinemas Gift Cards For $20 With Promo Code MOVIE220 (Limit 5) Expires 2/18/20? Link

MyGiftCardsPlus: Two Offers
  • Earn 20% Cashback On Fandango Gift Cards (Limit $500 Per Household) Use in conjunction with Swagbucks. Limit $500 per household. Expiry date unknown. Link
  • Earn 100 Bonus Swagbucks On All $50+ Gift Cards. Expiry date unknown. Link
PayPal Digital Gifts: Buy $50 Uber Gift Cards For $45 Link

Last edited:
Update, so I bought my coat on Friday and received an email from Rakuten that my credit is pending. I was thinking it capped off at $50 but I'm getting back $165.90 for this purchase.
View attachment 472562

Didn't it use to be capped? Not complaining, but am I remembering wrong?

I did remember wrong, it's Retailmenot that has a $50 cap not Rakuten! Woohoo! :goodvibes

:blush: Don't mind me, I'm just talking to myself... again! :laughing:

Interesting...

CardCash: Save 5% Off Select Brands With Promo Code KATIEROCKS

• Expires 2/12/20 at 11:59pm EST.
  • Maximum $3,000 per customer.
  • Direct Link
Newegg: Buy $25 Regal Cinemas E-Gift Card For $20 (Limit 3)
  • Expires 2/11/20.
  • Limit 3.
  • Direct Link
  • egifter is offering the same deal but with a limit of 5.
Amazon Gift Card Lightening Deals:
T-Mobile Tuesday: Free T-Mobile:
  • T-Mobile: Free T-Mobile Drink Tumbler
  • Atom Tickets: $4 Ticket to Sonic
  • Soothe: $40 massage credit
  • Shell: 10¢ off
  • Begins at 5 am ET on 02/11/20; Claim by 02/12/2020 at 4:59 am ET

Last edited:
Apparently Disney has increased Park tickets today, soon to follow is Universal. Last year we bought AP's from Sam's at a lower price than Disney's. All I see at Sam's are tickets not AP's, do they no longer sell WDW AP's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter