Raise.com has an anniversary sale today and Applebees is an extra 7% off. Just in time for tonight as DH and dD have date night and that's where they are going. But how do you use a digital gift card from raise at a restaurant?

Also google play is part of the sale so could help with disney+ subs.

You can just write the digital gift card number on the back of the bill when the server brings it. They just punch in the numbers; no need to hand anyone your phone.

Edit to add, that I also always use the gift card in full and don't like to leave any balance when using a card from one of the third parties such as Raise, so writing the number on the back of the receipt isn't a security risk.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can use Gap Rewards (the reward certificates you earn for spending on their credit card) in store to buy third party gift cards?

@bernina
Rewards may not be redeemed at Intermix stores or intermixonline.com. When redeeming your Reward, the value of your purchase must be greater than the value of the Reward(s). Rewards cannot be credited to an account, redeemed for cash or cash equivalent, applied to past purchases, or used for purchasing gift cards. Link

You can just write the digital gift card number on the back of the bill when the server brings it. They just punch in the numbers; no need to hand anyone your phone.

Edit to add, that I also always use the gift card in full and don't like to leave any balance when using a card from one of the third parties such as Raise, so writing the number on the back of the receipt isn't a security risk.

Just adding... I print mine out and if I do have a balance remaining I write it on the printout. Idk, I find it easier to see what monies are available to me when traveling.

I have a new offer on a Chase personal card - $5 back on $50 Walmart Grocery purchase, expires 3/6.
I'll stack this with either Shopkick or Ibotta.
If you use the code “wowfresh” with Walmart grocery you get $10 off $50. We’ve been getting $10 off our groceries for over a year now and have saved a ton of money. The recent code was “triple10” but it expired. We used that one for at least 6 months. The new one is for a new account so you have to make a new email for each order but it’s worth saving 20% on our groceries

Other Ways to Save

I love saving money including on prescription drugs and there are a few sites we can compare prices while in the comfort of our home. This post is for the like minded, trying to save in other areas to add to our Vacation Account. Whether it's for us, our children and/or our parents, saving on prescription drugs should not be overlooked. Here are a few sites to compare your needs:
For more in depth information on how these sites work go: here

While on topic, there are a few grocery chain stores that offer Free Prescription Drugs;

Meijer
:
  • Certain antibiotics
  • Certain prenatal vitamins
  • Atorvastatin calcium
  • Metformin Immediate Release
Price Chopper:
  • Several diabetes medications — as well as diabetes supplies and a glucose meter
Publix:
  • Four antibiotics
  • Two diabetes medications
  • Two high-blood-pressure medications
Reasor's Foods
  • Certain antibiotics
  • Certain children’s vitamins
Other ways to get prescription drugs for free or for less, check out your local warehouse club, you may also be able to get free medications through it.

For example, if you have a Sam’s Plus membership at Sam’s Club, you are eligible for extra discounts on certain prescription drugs — including select medications you can get for free. MoneyTalkNews

Ways to Pay is another area to consider and using discounted GC's can save you plenty. Check out this article by MoneyTalksNews

Last edited:

If you use the code “wowfresh” with Walmart grocery you get $10 off $50. We’ve been getting $10 off our groceries for over a year now and have saved a ton of money. The recent code was “triple10” but it expired. We used that one for at least 6 months. The new one is for a new account so you have to make a new email for each order but it’s worth saving 20% on our groceries
Thanks. I use the same account each time. I like having my shopping history there since I only order certain items from WM that I can't get cheaper elsewhere.

Other Ways to Save

I love saving money including on prescription drugs and there are a few sites we can compare prices while in the comfort of our home. This post is for the like minded, trying to save in other areas to add to our Vacation Account. Whether it's for us, our children and/or our parents, saving on prescription drugs should not be overlooked. Here are a few sites to compare your needs:
For more in depth information on how these sites work go: here

While on topic, there are a few grocery chain stores that offer Free Prescription Drugs;

Meijer
:
  • Certain antibiotics
  • Atorvastatin calcium
  • Metformin Immediate Release
Price Chopper:
  • Several diabetes medications — as well as diabetes supplies and a glucose meter
Publix:
  • Four antibiotics
  • Two diabetes medications
  • Two high-blood-pressure medications
Reasor's Foods
  • Certain antibiotics
  • Certain children’s vitamins
Other ways to get prescription drugs for free or for less, check out your local warehouse club, you may also be able to get free medications through it.

For example, if you have a Sam’s Plus membership at Sam’s Club, you are eligible for extra discounts on certain prescription drugs — including select medications you can get for free. MoneyTalkNews

Ways to Pay is another area to consider and using discounted GC's can save you plenty. Check out this article by MoneyTalksNews

@FoxC63 you are amazing!! Thank you for all you do for this thread!! I'm not surprised though since you are from Michigan✋

Has anyone seen princess cruise gift cards around in the northeast? I paid the $500 deposit with my amex that had a $100 cash back offer and am now looking for discounted gift cards to pay off the $3k balance. I have checked both stop and shop & price chopper. Neither carry them.
I have until October to pay it in full. My only option If I can’t find discounted gc’s Is to put it on my reserve card for a measly 3 points per dollar. 😒

Hello! I'm brand new to this gift card churning process, But my Husband and I are ready to pay $1000 for our WDW trip in September. He would like me to make the payment by next week. Would you recommend me doing the Raise-Wal Mart-Sams Club-DGC? Is there a better deal currently? Thanks in advance for the advice!

I have done this several times, and bumped the discount even more by using Rakuten or RTMN to get an additional percentage in cash back on my Raise purchase, plus my BOA card allows me to choose my 3% bonus and I have it set to online purchases. So my last $2000 in gift cards was purchased at an overall discount of 9.87%. One purchase I even scored cash back on the Disney gift card purchase, but that was only once. They have all tracked at $0.00 since then.

Has anyone seen princess cruise gift cards around in the northeast? I paid the $500 deposit with my amex that had a $100 cash back offer and am now looking for discounted gift cards to pay off the $3k balance. I have checked both stop and shop & price chopper. Neither carry them.
I have until October to pay it in full. My only option If I can’t find discounted gc’s Is to put it on my reserve card for a measly 3 points per dollar. 😒

Nothing current. Are you near H.E.B. supermarket? They seem to have them on sale most often.

I have them in Target. Haven't read any restrictions for them, though. Are you familiar with using GC for Princess? I have heard some lines have language that they are only for new bookings/deposits and might not work as a regular payment. I don't think Princess is one of them, but I haven't actually looked into it yet.

I have them in Target. Haven't read any restrictions for them, though. Are you familiar with using GC for Princess? I have heard some lines have language that they are only for new bookings/deposits and might not work as a regular payment. I don't think Princess is one of them, but I haven't actually looked into it yet.
Thanks for the heads up. This will be our first cruise with princess but on the terms and conditions it says they can be used towards the price of the cruise. I will definitely double check to make sure if I find anyone around me that sells them at a decent discount. Thanks again.

Thanks. I use the same account each time. I like having my shopping history there since I only order certain items from WM that I can't get cheaper elsewhere.
I would use the same account but it won’t let you use the code more than once. I’d rather save the $10

Just wanted to give a big shout out to @Teal03 for posting photos of the gift card racks offered at several stores! :worship: I didn't want them to get buried as this thread moves along so I created a new home for them on Post #10 Stores & Photos of Third Party Gift Cards.

Gift card purchases do not earn Kohl's Cash. You can't use Kohl's Cash to purchase gift cards. Link
Thank you!

Gift card purchases does earn JCP bucks. I did buy a $3 towel with it. I’m sure you can’t use them on gift cards but it’s nice way to get some stuff you need for your trip or home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter