UPDATED 11/17/02 We are all going to WDW during 2002 DISCON-II A Gathering of Friends

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Ray, I love checking back with this thread! It keeps the momentum going! Thanks. :) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Those that are doing DATW, why don't we all purchase the Epcot passport? I think that ive read about it somewhere :confused: & then if you get a drink in that Country you can get it stamped, that way we can see at the end of the night (or not see in some peoples case:D ) who has actually drunk themselves around the world the most.

Just an idea for a little bit of fun, i know these are meant for children, but hey arent we all kids when we visit Disney.

Emma

What a great idea, Emma. Thank you.

I just got off work and I'm going to try and go to sleep.

Ray :)

Guess what, Emma?!?! I'm way ahead of you!! :D I already bought my EPCOT passport for DIS-CON II!!!!! I thought I would get the country stamps while we walked around. I love the idea of incorporating with DATW!!!! That would be fun!! :D :D

SLeep tight, Ray!! :D

LOL Barb - Great minds think alike :D Where can I order one from do you know or should I wait until I get there??

Good Night Ray.

Emma

Emma, I just bought mine while I was in EPCOT. I don't know if you can order these by mail. They always have plenty for sale. :D :D :D

Just poing in to see if registration is up yet.

Remember last year, when I was so sure that I wouldn't be able to sign up in time because registration was limited.

I am so glad that the registration was left open this year so we won't have to worry about staying up all day waiting to sign up.

But,I am still very excited about signing up.

Everyone is so nice to help each other out with tables for MVMCP nights, etc..

I am so excited.

I can't wait for the official registration and the offical itinerary.

I think that I will change the color of the official events to green, like Patrick did last year.

We only have "40" possible DIS mini-meets listed...lol.

Do any of you have any other ideas, like going to the midnight New Years Eve celebration at Pleasure Island mini-meet...or...Sprint boat racing on the lake DIS min-meet...or...a Sunday morning Gospel Brunch at the Downtown Disney House of Blues...or...an old-fashioned hay ride and marshmellow cooking over a fire amd making "Smores" and watching an outdoor Disney movie one evening at Disney's Camp Wilderness DIS mini-meet..or...a Beaches and Cream Soda Shop banana split or hot fudge sundae ice cream DIS mini-meet...or...a Disney spa DIS mini-meet with foot massages and frozen margaritas or....or.......O.K., I'm getting sleepy now. I just got off work and I'm going to sleep.

Ray :)

YUMMY! I think a Beaches and Cream meet would be a great idea! Sign me up!!

(Time to go on another diet......) :D

Hi Rya,

I love the idea of a midnight New Years Eve celebration at Pleasure Island mini-mmet, ive been to PI a few times but Ive never made it to midnight so this would be great.

Also an old-fashioned hay ride and marshmellow cooking over a fire amd making "Smores" and watching an outdoor Disney movie one evening at Disney's Camp Wilderness DIS mini-meet, again , something ive never done. I havent even eaten a Smore before.

Oh, they all sound so good, sign me up Ray :bounce:

Emma

Hi Ray(and everyone else:))...I'll be there Dec 2-15 and would like to take part in some of the Dis meets. Right now the plan is 4 nights offsite and 9 nights at ASSp. That may change but I'll be there nonetheless and probably solo for the 1st time. I can't wait!!!!!:D

Cheers:)

Hi...I think my dates are set.:p Put me down for the following and I'll do the ones I can if I'm there. Once firm dates start coming out I'll know more about what I can do. I'll also help host some of the meets if need be, but only on a co-host basis.:D I have'nt been in 8 yrs and things would probably get ugly in a hurry;) if I tried to host an event by myself. Especially DATW...lol. It's looking like this will be a solo trip and I'd love to have people to meet when I get there. I'm not sure I'd go solo without Dis-Con II.

Adventurer's Club (never been, one of the few MUST-DO'S on my list)
Drink Around the World-DATW...scary scary thought;) SIGN ME UP!
Fantasmic:MGM
50's PrimeTime Cafe
MVMCP and/or Character Dinner
Thrill Ride Mini Meet
Universal Studios Day
WDW Day at MK, MGM, EPCOT, AK

I'll be offsite Dec 2-5 and ASSp Dec 6-15:D WOOHOO!!!!!
I can't wait.

Cheers:) :) :) :)

Hi, Barry. I'll be glad to add your name to the unofficial lists.

But Mackey Mouse "Marshaa", the moderator of this board and the coordinator for DIS-CON is happy to accept any co-host or host requests for the 2002 DIS-CONvention by sending her an e-mail. I'll send you a pm of this post and a link to her thread about letting her know if you or anyone would like to host a DIS mini-meet.

Here is Mackey Mouse's link to her thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189171

I hope that this helps.

RaySharpton

Ray, I will be at the Dolphin Dec. 29 - Dec. 8 now, added 2 more days for a total of 9 days at the Dolphin....I feel like Pandy Paws.:D Got cheap plane fare....I am ready! Got mvmcp! :D

Hi Ray

Well I'm planning on being at the Dolphin from the 3rd December to 10th December.

Please can you show my interest in :

DATW
Ride the Mountains
The Karaoke - I'll go to Emma's thread as well
Spa DIS Mini Meet
Tea at the Grand Floridian
A Day at Universal Studios

I'm very much looking forward to coming along although somewhat nervous at the prospect of being solo traveller - my other half can't take any more holiday but is very kindly giving me free reign of his AMEX card - silly man;)

For those of you first timer's that are nervous or anxious about going solo, you have nothing to worry about. We made a rule last year that anyone who is solo will only be as alone as they want to be. We are a big group of solo DIS-CON attendees and we hung around together the whole time! We had a blast!! We formed a very unigue bond in that short period of time and have formed fast friendships that have lasted well beyone DIS-CON. Some of us have met up again at many of the more localized DIS meets that have happened (or will happen) since the convention. You'll be fine. :D :D

Hi, Fantasia Sam! Barb is so right. There were a lot of solo DISers at DIS-CON of all ages. There were single DISers, families, couples, wives as solo without their husbands and/or kids at home, and husbands as solo with their wives and/or kids at home.

We are all Disney crazy people and the wonderful Mr. Pete Werner and all of his wonderful moderators, webmasters, staff etc. have given us a common place to share our Disney passion. Thank you Pete and everyone that makes the DIS a wonderful place to visit.

By the way, Fantasia Sam, catrule, BarryCF and everyone that sent me a P.M., I have finally updated your information.

I have also, finally finished updating everything, like links, etc..

I could still use some links from the DIS, specifially on 1. Fantasmic, and 2. miniture golf, if any of you know any.

I have looked everywhere. And it is very difficult for me to search the DIS's new front page with my webtv computer with that new menu blocking my page...lol.

Also, I have tried doing a regular google and Disney search on "turkey Legs" and I can't find anything.

Can anyone help?

Also, this is an unofficial list and the only way that I know what to put on it is what you pm me...so feel free to contact me if you want me to change anything.

Thank you in advance.

RaySharpton :)

Well, the prospects are getting brighter that Linda and I will get to attend DIS-CON II! We already had 3 other trips planned this year, so we didn't think we could squeeze in another one. But, Linda has the opportunity to attend a convention at Coronado Springs the same weekend DIS-CON II takes place. So, put us down as tentatively attending the convention!
Dates: Dec. 3-9, 2002
Resort: Coronado Springs

We are interested in the following activities for sure:
Pin Trading
WWTBAM (host)
DATW
MVMCP (Dec.8)
Thrill Ride Tour
Candlelight Processional
Illuminations Cruise
Pleasure Island

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing everyone again!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter