Update on AMEX discount when using points

Dennis the WDW Menace

Mouseketeer
I just got a call from WDW about the concern I wrote to them about not getting the discount at DD when I used my AMEX card this past Jan. They said that I indeed was correct that if I used my AMEX card at check-in to cover room charges that I do get the discount. She is calling the head of DD and informing him that their mamagers are refusing some of the DVC guests when they ask for the discount. If you buy over $50 in murchandise at some DD stores and use your AMEX card and show your room key card you are to get a 15% discount. Check the AMEX booklet that you get when you check-in to find out which stores give the discount.

Thank you for following through Dennis and letting us know how it turned out!!!

Great! I count on that AMEX discount on every trip. :D Thank you!

We experienced the same problem at the World of Disney when we were there at Xmas.I actually had an argument with the manager,who wasn't very Disney-like. I did mention this problem to Guest Services and to Amex. When I went to Team Mickey and the Christmas store it wasn't a problem. Thanks for getting this settled.

I always take advantage of this discount! Didn't know anyone was having a problem....

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the THINKS you can think up, if only you try." Dr. Seuss

I used it on our Feb trip. Didn't ask about it just gave the cashier our resort key and AMEX card no problems at all.

Janette
WDW
daisy.gif

Offsite ? - 1976, Vistana - 1988
Vistana/Contemp - June 2000, OKW - Feb 2001
BWV - DIS Convention Nov 2001
Disneyland - 1998

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter