UP, UP, and Away A September 2018, 10th Anniversary TR *Completed 7/22*

Your evening out sounds lovely! I've only had one sub-par experience at the California Grill (due to an indifferent server - the food has always been fantastic!) - I'm so glad you enjoyed it! The views are always excellent.

I LOVE your A&A bracelet! Ah, Up... :goodvibes

I'm glad your boys enjoyed their evening, too!
Thanks it was a very special evening to celebrate and I’m glad we did it at Cali Grill

Awesome rainbow pics!

Such cute PP pics and selfies of you two :) Sounds like a nice time in MK!

Sounds like a perfect time watching HEA and having dinner at CG!
It was the perfect evening, I’m glad we got to do it

What a great night! We finally did a date night on our last visit...but it didn't go nearly so well! :rotfl2:
Oh no, maybe next you’ll get a good date night out. We were very fortunate to have such a magical evening.

What an amazing date night! My favorite part of the Disney Cruise is being able to send the kids to the Kids' Club and have some adult only time- sad that they took this option away at WDW!
That’s on my bucket list, I love getting rid of my kids for the evening :lmao:

Maybe I missed it, but how did you end up with so many anytime fast passes? It stinks that you lost 3 without getting to ride!
We got three extra for each of us for doing the DVC tour

I don't know... that might have worked out even better! :lmao:
I think you’re right, I quite liked what we ended up with.

I hear ya. I just can't get into waiting an hour plus for fireworks. You can find a decent vantage point later. Just not worth it.
It annoying because I feel like you need to be in the hub to fully enjoy it. I feel like witch Wishes you could show up 15 minutes before and still get a nice view, but it so limited now because you need to see the castle to enjoy the show.

I'm right there with you. HEA is a good show and I like what they do with the castle and everything. But as far as having that sentimental draw, I just can't even compare it to Wishes.
I’m so glad I’m not the only one, people are flipping obsessed with HEA and I don’t get it.

That's awesome! I'm glad that they were able to have a fun night while you guys had a nice date night!
Me too, just wish they’d have kept it.

This morning we woke up early once again. By this point we had a TON of counter service credits left, and only two full days to go. I had carefully planned out the use of all our credits, determined to not be one of the people with a million left over credits, and yet here I was. Had we gotten breakfast at the Island Markets, we would have, but after discovering they were so terrible at the beginning of the trip, we just skipped breakfast all together most days. This morning we went to the makeshift buffet area at CBR and got breakfast. I don’t remember much about this, but it was fast and it filled us up. We drove over to Epcot and were standing in front of Spaceship Earth before we knew it, waiting for rope drop. Joe took this picture of our magic bands for some reason.

IMG-1916.jpg

If you notice, my purple one if on my wrist, but in the background, you can see I am also wearing a red one. This one was N’s, we would frequently take it off in anger, and I just got used to wearing his (very small one) on my wrist towards the end of the trip.
Once the rope was dropped, our first ride of the day would be on Soarin’.

IMG-8027.jpg

We even got B1, which I have never gotten before. It really is amazing how the perfect seat placement can give you a markedly better ride experience.

Next up, we were finally able to use one of our fastpasses from the DVC tour at Test Track. They put two boys with one adult, and then one and one. C was disappointed he wouldn’t be able to design his own car, but I knew that since we were at the end of the line, there would be open stations in the back and there was, crisis averted

J’s car

IMG-8033.jpg

N’s car

IMG-8037.jpg

Once we were through the design center, we made it to the bottom on the ramp, and then we heard the announcement that there would be a delay. After about ten minutes, I was worried we wouldn’t be able to ride, but I felt stuck with no way out. In the end, I think the delay was only 15 minutes, so not the worst, plus we were still able to ride.

EPCOT-DPIRIDESYSGMTT-20180921-413373455838.jpg

N was very mad about this ride. We had warned him beforehand that he would design a car, but he would not be able to ride it, multiple warnings. You may be wondering why we even felt the need to warn him about this, but we had past experience. Back in 2014, C was about two months shy of 4, which is just slightly older than N was on this trip. I was pregnant with N, so I had taken J on the Three Cabelleros, but DH, my mom and dad, and C had ridden TT. Well I guess C was thought he too would ride in his own creation, and had a major meltdown after the ride. Not having experienced it myself, I think this story is funny, but we still wanted to avoid this happening again. Now N didn’t have a meltdown, but he was still not happy, despite our warnings. We cheered him up in the photobooth.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBECTRACK2_20180921_8267470245.jpg

IMG-8040.jpg

Moving right along, we had our first scheduled fastpass for Mission Space. This would be the all the boy’s first time on this ride. With the little guys, being too short, we had no choice but to do green. N got a badge for this booster seat.

IMG-8041.jpg

Once we got past the fastpass and standby merge point, we heard another announcement that the ride would be delayed. It really wasn’t bad though, just about five minutes. Being a party of five, I took C and J and DH and N got put with another party of two. I was sad to miss N’s reaction, but this was a huge crowd pleaser for all the boys. They all loved the buttons, and feeling like they were active in the attraction. I honestly can’t wait to experience Smuggler’s Run with them(if we can get on it). We had one more ride to hit before we left Future World.

IMG-8044.jpg

DH really does not like this ride, but the rest of us enjoy it for what it is, so he had to suck it up. We saw this Figment in line, which was adorable. His button says, I’m celebrating being the star of Epcot.

IMG-8052.jpg

I love that my boys know they have to cover their noses.

IMG-8055.jpg

IMG-8056.jpg

The boys played in Imageworks, while I went around to find a bathroom. By the time I had made it to the front of Figment, so maybe a minute after we got off, the ride had been closed. We were not good luck for Epcot rides that day.

It was time for some snacking around the world

IMG-8065.jpg

We got the boys some pretzels over in Future World, and then DH and I got the taste of Greece and we enjoyed our treats together.

IMG-1917.jpg

We had our next FP to use, but we had some time to kill. I wanted to take the boys to a Kidcot station, there was a group of women in the Norway one and they would not give the kids room to get in, so we skipped it. I did pick up another treat for our taste around the world at home.

IMG-1921.jpg

DH took J to the bathroom, so we wandered around.

IMG-8066.jpg

IMG-8071.jpg

IMG-8073.jpg

IMG-8074.jpg

IMG-8075.jpg

While we were looking around we spotted a very bored looking PP CM outside the Stave Church. We decided to relieve her of her boredom and ask for a picture.

Finally, it was time to use our FP. Someone is ready for some Frozen summer fun.

Our next F&W stop was in China. We were hungry and had a hard time choosing, so we got the Xi’an pancake, dumplings, and
black pepper shrimp with noodles, as well as a Happy Peach (peach liquor and dark rum). Everything was delicious, though I do remember the noodles being spicy, which I am not crazy about. It started to rain, so we took some time to explore the China pavilion and stop at our first Kidcot station.

As you can see C was really into the exploration/learning part of the World Showcase pavilions.
My favorite animal is a panda, so I love the panda section of the store.
Our next stop on our world tour of food was the India booth
Here we got the warm Indian bread with pickled garlic, mango salsa, and coriander pesto dips. We love the bread service at Sanaa, so this was a nice way to get a taste of this on this trip/
Our next stop was in Germany. DH ran to get our selections, while I took the boys to find a table. N, our family’s resident animal lover, made friends with a duck while we waited.

Dh had gotten the Schinkennudlen for us.
We were not a fan. It just tasted like bland mushy noodles. We went inside the pavilion to visit the kidcot table DH found his new favorite beer.

We had actually the Grapefruit beer before, but we found it much better this time. We even came home a brought some from Kroger. We were all getting pretty tired by this point, but we stopped at one more Kidcot station in Italy, before making our way quickly through the rest of World Showcase.
We stopped in France for a picture I feel like we get every trip.

N was pretty cranky, so he didn’t want to join us. Is anyone surprised by this?

Continued Below

Last edited:
I really wanted a picture in front of Spaceship Earth, because somehow we hadn’t gotten one all trip. The line was pretty long, and N fell sleep while we waited. DH, being the very sweet husband he is, knew how much I wanted a family picture so he held N so I could have it.

IMG_E8145.jpg

Since N was asleep, the other two got a whole separate photo shoot.

IMG_E8146.jpg

IMG_E8147.jpg

We had our final FP of the day for Spaceship Earth.

IMG-8108.jpg

You’ll never guess what happened…

IMG-8111.jpg

Not a great track record for the day. We got one final PP in Epcot, before saying goodbye to it for the trip.

IMG_8141_(2).jpg

We just relaxed in the room during our break. You may remember that on the first day of the trip, my shoe had been hurting the top of my foot and I had to change into sandals. I had been wearing my sandals for the rest of the trip and yet my foot kept hurting more and more with each passing day. I do not know what caused the pain, only that it stemmed from that first day and it was excruciating by this point. The top was pretty swollen, to I took the opportunity to ice it during the break.

IMG-8115.jpg

This actually helped quite a bit, while not perfect, I was able to make it the next couple of days and I continued to ice it when I could. Fully rested and caught up on homework, we headed out for our final trip to DHS for the trip. The stormtroopers were doing their march when we got there, so of course we had to stop and watch. DH had still not been on his favorite ride, RnR. He had been trying to convince C to ride it all trip and C had finally agreed to do it. They went off and I just hung out on Sunset with the other two. C was very nervous, but I think he just wanted to get DH to stop asking and I’ll let the their ride picture tell you what he thought of it.

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180921_413378812407.jpg

His bravery was rewarded, with an I conquered Rock’n’roller coaster pin. We had gotten a FP for ST earlier in the day. N had completely gotten over his fear by this point, thank goodness.

IMG-8118.jpg

Because we go to Disney every year, I use it as a way to mark passage in my kid’s lives. It’s a great way to see how they’ve grown both physically and emotionally from previous trips. In this particular trip, I noticed many ways in which my two oldest in particular was grown and the best way was their relationship with each other. They have never gotten along particularly well, expect when they were really little. But they really turned into best friends on the trip, which was truly amazing to see. I thought it might go away when we got home, but I am happy to say they are still tick as thieves. Now if only N would play nice. I feel like this picture captures their new BFF status.

IMG-8120.jpg

DH hadn’t bought any souvenirs at this point, so he wanted to look around the ST shop. He was so excited with the Galaxy’s Edge merch and had been looking for a new hat, so he ended up with this.

IMG-1931.jpg

He was very excited about this hat, just as he is about the new land. We had dinner at Backlot Express, which is just such a easy stop for us, so we end up there pretty much every time. We enjoyed our dinner of burgers and chicken nuggets very much, even though I have no photo evidence of it. We had pretty much done everything we wanted to in DHS by this point, so we decided to have our own characterpalooza and see how many we could meet. Our first stop was for Olaf.

IMG_E8148.jpg

C had a fun idea to pretend to pick up one for the beach balls in the sand and play a pretend game of volleyball with Olaf.

STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20180921_413379664017.jpg

We wanted to go to the Launch Bay, but saw Jake was out meeting so got in line for him first.

IMG_E8149.jpg

N was very excited to tell him all about how he became a pirate.

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_20180921_413380181460.jpg

Our priority meet at Launch Bay was BB8, as the boys have never met him.

IMG_E8150.jpg

This meet is so awkward, it makes a cute picture though. We then met our favorite wookie.

STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR2_20180921_413380102518.jpg

IMG_E8151.jpg

We got in line to meet Kylo Ren and we saw the dessert party going on in there with stormtroopers. Early in the trip N had told me he really wants to meet a stormtrooper. We had tried in DL, but they were mobbed while walking around. He was excited to just see them that close and then one came up to him. I of course, wanted to get a picture with him and the stormtrooper, so I told him to turn around for a picture and the stormtropper told me to calm down, and then walked away. So this was the best I got.

IMG-8123.jpg

I saw that the wait for TSM was only 20 minutes, so we decide to end our character hunt and ride it one last time. The wait went by pretty quick with Mr. Potato Head entertaining us all. Being the Disney dork I am, I was super excited when we were directed to the “new” third track. Even though it had been open awhile, I haven't been on it.

IMG-8124.jpg

I’d have to go back and check, but I think this is my best score ever.

IMG-8126.jpg

Better yet, I had beaten DH.

IMG-8128.jpg

Galactic hero and now this.

:cool1:

Slink Dog only had a 45 minute wait, and the park was closing soon anyway, so I asked if anyone wanted to ride. C and J jumped on the chance, but DH really wanted to ride ToT, another ride he hadn’t gotten to do yet. N really didn’t want to ride SDD again, so he chose ToT. I don’t think he fully realized what he had gotten himself into:rotfl:.

IMG_E8154.jpg

Face of pure terror

IMG_8274.jpg

He hated it, more than anything else that trip. DH felt pretty guilt about the whole ordeal, so he bought him a pin and a Mickey ice cream bar to make up for it.

Meanwhile. We were enjoying SDD.

IMG-8132.jpg

STUDIO_SLINKYDOGRIDE_20180922_413381023443.jpg

STUDIO_SLINKYDOGRIDE_20180922_413380881156.jpg

Right as the ride ended, the fireworks began, which was a pretty cool way to end our last ride.

We got our last few pictures before meeting up with DH and N.

IMG_E8153.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

We want back to our room and sadly started packing up to leave in two days.

Last edited:

What a fantastic day! You accomplished so many things and appeared to eat a ton of tasty food!

I love the pictures in front of Spaceship Earth. It's great that your older boys enjoyed being together on this trip - and even better that it continues today!

I love your run of character pictures! I love meeting characters, but it's a secondary priority so I've never met Olaf or Chewie. It looks like you had fun!

Nice work on TSMM! I love when I manage to get best in vehicle!

Poor N on Tower of Terror! :laughing: I'm glad everyone got to ride something great for their last DHS attraction of the trip.

Enjoyed your updates! Your boys are adorable. I have 2 sons and 2 grandsons so I have a real soft spot for little boys :love: I remember how nice it was seeing mine get along and actually act like friends. So many great PP pictures - love the sleeping one in front of SE. Your date night sounded great - just love your dress!

Sounds like a nice day in Epcot, even though you sure had bad luck with rides getting delayed/breaking down!

Such a fun night in DHS. Love all the character pics! And it's great to hear that your 2 oldest became so close!

If you notice, my purple one if on my wrist, but in the background, you can see I am also wearing a red one. This one was N’s, we would frequently take it off in anger, and I just got used to wearing his (very small one) on my wrist towards the end of the trip.
I'm kind of afraid of this. Actually, I'm more afraid that LG will get upset, rip it off and throw it down sometime when we aren't looking. I'm thinking about getting him another band just so we have a backup.
N was very mad about this ride. We had warned him beforehand that he would design a car, but he would not be able to ride it, multiple warnings. You may be wondering why we even felt the need to warn him about this, but we had past experience. Back in 2014, C was about two months shy of 4, which is just slightly older than N was on this trip. I was pregnant with N, so I had taken J on the Three Cabelleros, but DH, my mom and dad, and C had ridden TT. Well I guess C was thought he too would ride in his own creation, and had a major meltdown after the ride. Not having experienced it myself, I think this story is funny, but we still wanted to avoid this happening again. Now N didn’t have a meltdown, but he was still not happy, despite our warnings. We cheered him up in the photobooth.
I've never considered that angle... but I can totally see that reaction. We don't have to worry about it this trip though... LG is still too short and the other 2 have ridden it.
Once we got past the fastpass and standby merge point, we heard another announcement that the ride would be delayed. It really wasn’t bad though, just about five minutes.
Sounds like a protein spill...
We saw this Figment in line, which was adorable. His button says, I’m celebrating being the star of Epcot.
He is!
I really wanted a picture in front of Spaceship Earth, because somehow we hadn’t gotten one all trip. The line was pretty long, and N fell sleep while we waited. DH, being the very sweet husband he is, knew how much I wanted a family picture so he held N so I could have it.
That is a fantastic family picture!
We just relaxed in the room during our break. You may remember that on the first day of the trip, my shoe had been hurting the top of my foot and I had to change into sandals. I had been wearing my sandals for the rest of the trip and yet my foot kept hurting more and more with each passing day. I do not know what caused the pain, only that it stemmed from that first day and it was excruciating by this point. The top was pretty swollen, to I took the opportunity to ice it during the break.
I can relate... it's never easy getting pain in the foot/ankle area at Disney World. You're on your feet and walking so much that it is just hard to get relief and let it heal. I'm glad that ice helped enough to at least get you through the trip.
hey went off and I just hung out on Sunset with the other two. C was very nervous, but I think he just wanted to get DH to stop asking and I’ll let the their ride picture tell you what he thought of it.
Well, I give him credit for at least trying it! I hope he'll give it another shot next time now that he knows what to expect.
Because we go to Disney every year, I use it as a way to mark passage in my kid’s lives. It’s a great way to see how they’ve grown both physically and emotionally from previous trips. In this particular trip, I noticed many ways in which my two oldest in particular was grown and the best way was their relationship with each other. They have never gotten along particularly well, expect when they were really little. But they really turned into best friends on the trip, which was truly amazing to see. I thought it might go away when we got home, but I am happy to say they are still tick as thieves. Now if only N would play nice. I feel like this picture captures their new BFF status.
This is why we do it. It's fun, it's stressful, it isn't always sunshine and roses. But you get that family bonding time and a chance to build those bonds.
I saw that the wait for TSM was only 20 minutes, so we decide to end our character hunt and ride it one last time. The wait went by pretty quick with Mr. Potato Head entertaining us all. Being the Disney dork I am, I was super excited when we were directed to the “new” third track. Even though it had been open awhile, I haven't been on it.
I'd be excited about that too! I mean, I'm kind of hoping I'll get a chance to see it, myself. :rotfl2:
He hated it, more than anything else that trip. DH felt pretty guilt about the whole ordeal, so he bought him a pin and a Mickey ice cream bar to make up for it.
Mickey Ice cream bars will make about anything better. I hope he wasn't scarred too badly!

What a fantastic day! You accomplished so many things and appeared to eat a ton of tasty food!
Probably a ton and a half of food :rotfl2:

I love the pictures in front of Spaceship Earth. It's great that your older boys enjoyed being together on this trip - and even better that it continues today!
Well most days :rolleyes2

I love your run of character pictures! I love meeting characters, but it's a secondary priority so I've never met Olaf or Chewie. It looks like you had fun!
It's always secondary for us too, I am glad we had the time

Poor N on Tower of Terror! :laughing: I'm glad everyone got to ride something great for their last DHS attraction of the trip.
He keeps talking about wanting to back on it, so I guess we didn't scar him too bad.

Enjoyed your updates! Your boys are adorable. I have 2 sons and 2 grandsons so I have a real soft spot for little boys :love: I remember how nice it was seeing mine get along and actually act like friends. So many great PP pictures - love the sleeping one in front of SE. Your date night sounded great - just love your dress!
Thank you. I don't know if it gets much better than when your kids become friends.

Sounds like a nice day in Epcot, even though you sure had bad luck with rides getting delayed/breaking down!

Such a fun night in DHS. Love all the character pics! And it's great to hear that your 2 oldest became so close!
We did have bad luck, but it didn't put too much of a damper on our day.

I'm kind of afraid of this. Actually, I'm more afraid that LG will get upset, rip it off and throw it down sometime when we aren't looking. I'm thinking about getting him another band just so we have a backup.
A backup is a wise idea. At one point we thought it was lost for good, but I think it was found in the van. Actually on our last trip he ended up with three bands. One from the original reservation, one we bought in the parks, and one was given to us (for free) at the front desk. He threw a lot of tantrums that trip:sad2:.

Sounds like a protein spill...
:sick: I'm glad I didn't think of that before I got on.

That is a fantastic family picture!
Thank you

Well, I give him credit for at least trying it! I hope he'll give it another shot next time now that he knows what to expect.
Doubtful, my kids are not thrill seekers, hence why DH and I need to go without them :lmao:

This is why we do it. It's fun, it's stressful, it isn't always sunshine and roses. But you get that family bonding time and a chance to build those bonds.
Exactly, those bonding moments are what keeps us from ripping our hair out during the stressful bits

I'd be excited about that too! I mean, I'm kind of hoping I'll get a chance to see it, myself. :rotfl2:
Well on that day it seemed to be that the original two tracks were for fastpass and the "new" one was for standby, so hopefully that helps you. That is if you are willing to wait in standby :thumbsup2

The last full day is always so bitter sweet. You are excited to enjoy one more day at Disney, but it's clouded in sadness that it will soon be over. On our last day, we were heading to my favorite park, Animal Kingdom. We got there bright and early and were let in right away. Since we weren’t going to Pandora, we were held right at the entrance to Africa until the park officially opened. Our first ride was on the safari. Immediately being greeted by Mike, our driver, DH remember him from our November 2017 trip. This driver is amazing, he is always so enthusiastic about everything and really gets into the ride, so if you ever get him you’re lucky.

DSC-0177-3.jpg

DSC-0182-3.jpg

DSC-0205-3.jpg

We usually have pretty awesome luck on safaris in the morning, but this time we struck out. Most animals were still in hiding, and we didn’t get to see much. When we got to the lion section, they were just hanging out and we were about to drive off, but then a lioness jumps down from her rock and comes towards the vehicle. Logically I know they can’t get us but in the moment, it was a little scary because she came to where we were and started roaring at us. You may know from the safari that the roars from the lion king are actually from tigers, but I was still shocked to her an actual lion roar, which was not at all like I would have thought. Of course I was so stunned by everything the only picture I have is from before the lion came towards us :sad1:.

DSC-0211-3.jpg

DSC-0226-3.jpg

Even though we didn’t get to see many animals, including my safari favorite, the elephant, Mike and the lioness more than made up for it.

I think it had been announced the week we were there that Rafiki’s Planet Watch would be closing. Not knowing if it was going to reopen at the time, I snapped this picture.

DSC-0228-3.jpg

We obviously didn’t care enough to actually experience it one last time though :rotfl2:.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park for the totally immersive theming especially in Africa and Asia. I always go overboard on the pictures.

DSC-0231-3.jpg

DSC-0232-3.jpg

DSC-0233-3.jpg

DSC-0234-3.jpg

DSC-0235-3.jpg

DSC-0236-3.jpg

We wanted to see the new bird show, but never got around to it.

DSC-0239-2.jpg

DSC-0241-3.jpg

DSC-0244-3.jpg

We were walking to EE, so DH could try and ride

DSC-0245-3.jpg

DSC-0246-2.jpg

We dropped DH off to meet the yeti, while the boys and I had another destination in mind.

IMG-8158.jpg

DSC-0247-3.jpg

DSC-0249-3.jpg

DSC-0250-3.jpg

DSC-0251-3.jpg

DSC-0252-3.jpg

I’m surprised the boys like this as much as they do, but I think they would have ridden it all day if given the chance.

AK-DINOSAURRIDE-20180922-413382484074.jpg

Okay maybe this picture doesn't show that, but I promise they love it :lmao:

We met back up by the tree of life, ready to meet some characters.

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

AK-OUTFITTERSCHAR1-20180922-413383197555.jpg

AK-OUTFITTERSCHAR1-20180922-413383197569.jpg

AK-OUTFITTERSCHAR1-20180922-413383197586.jpg

Finding that my boys were much braver than I thought when I planned this trip, we decide to take them on something I have avoided for them to this point, it’s tough to be a bug. Surprisingly, they loved this too. We then walked back to Africa, to see FotLK.

N was trying to “read” the map while we waited.

IMG_8204.jpg

This is my favorite show at WDW, so I just enjoyed instead of taking a bunch of pictures. We had one more land to visit, before our Animal Kingdom was over.

Last edited:
I've also become a big fan of Animal Kingdom. It's really grown on me the last few trips!

It's a bummer your safari was a little sparse on animals, but I'm glad you got to hear the lion roar! Getting Mike as your tour guide was also a great surprise.

I had a fun time at Rafiki's Planet watch on my last trip (it only took me eight trips to get there!). I'm also glad to have seen the prior bird show - the Up! show doesn't seem to be getting rave reviews. I think it's okay that you missed it.

I'm glad you confirmed your kids enjoyed Dinosaur! It's a tough read from the picture! :laughing:

I really love It's Tough to be a Bug! I have to admit that one of my favorite parts is the people yelping with surprise when the bees sting and the bugs leave the theatre. :rotfl: I do have sympathy for the crying children, but NONE for the adults. :rolleyes:

Wow what a crazy experience with the lioness!

Sounds like a good start in AK.
I was, so cool we got to see the lioness roar.

I've also become a big fan of Animal Kingdom. It's really grown on me the last few trips!
It's just so beautiful and immersive .

I had a fun time at Rafiki's Planet watch on my last trip (it only took me eight trips to get there!). I'm also glad to have seen the prior bird show - the Up! show doesn't seem to be getting rave reviews. I think it's okay that you missed it.
Yeah, I heard it wasn't good, so we weren't super pumped to see it.

I'm glad you confirmed your kids enjoyed Dinosaur! It's a tough read from the picture! :laughing:
You never know with these kids :rotfl2:

I really love It's Tough to be a Bug! I have to admit that one of my favorite parts is the people yelping with surprise when the bees sting and the bugs leave the theatre. :rotfl: I do have sympathy for the crying children, but NONE for the adults. :rolleyes:
That is the best part for sure.

It was time for our first FPs of the day so walk walked to Pandora.

DH and J had FPs for FoP, and we got a rider swap for C and myself. The rest of us had a FP for NRJ, but it wasn’t open yet, so we explored some.

N was very excited for NRJ again, and this was C’s first time.

They both loved it, though I think C even noticed it was slightly lacking. We still had to wait, so we got some PP pictures. N didn’t want to participate.

The PP CM snuck this, which I think is pretty funny

We met back up for lunch. We did the mobile order at Satu’li Canteen. DH got the beef bowl.

He really enjoyed this a lot. It was very flavorful and filling. I tried some too and will definitely be getting this next time. I got the cheeseburger pods, which I think are good.

It tastes exactly like a cheeseburger, but I think the bowl is more exotic. The boys all got the hot dogs and we finished out meal splitting the blueberry and chocolate dessert.

DH was blown away by this place. He particularly enjoyed the real plates and silverware and the outstanding food. This is now a must do QS location for us.

We split up once again, DH took N for a night blossom.

DH was also kind enough to go to the Starbucks and pick up the last You Are Here mug ornament for my collection. They decided to surprise me with PP pictures of it. :rotfl2:

Meanwhile, C, J and I were enjoying FoP one more time. Afterwards, I wanted a Night Blossom myself, we got in line at Pongu Pongu.

I ended up with a Rum Blossom in a souvenir cup and C and J split the regular.

We then walked out to meet DH and N in the car. By the time we got to the parking lot, the Night Blossom was completely melted.

We enjoyed our last afternoon at the hotel in the pool. Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy were out at the pool when we got there dancing with the kids. The boys enjoyed dancing and swimming, and it was a really awesome way to end the trip. I only wished I had gotten some pictures.

Around 4:30, it was time to head to our final dinner location for the trip.

Last edited:
Your time in Pandora sounded delightful! I'm quite excited to try Satu'li Canteen - everyone seems to love it! Thanks to so many reviews (I think!) I know what I'm going to put in my bowl... but perhaps it will change! :laughing:

I've also heard the Night Blossom mentioned in several reports... with you mentioning that it melted, is it an ice cream drink? It seems so popular perhaps I'll have to try that, too!

Wow, you had characters at the pool?! I didn't know any of the resorts did that! How fun!

Your time in Pandora sounded delightful! I'm quite excited to try Satu'li Canteen - everyone seems to love it! Thanks to so many reviews (I think!) I know what I'm going to put in my bowl... but perhaps it will change! :laughing:
I like that you think ahead like me :rotfl:

I've also heard the Night Blossom mentioned in several reports... with you mentioning that it melted, is it an ice cream drink? It seems so popular perhaps I'll have to try that, too!
It's like a slushie. So good, but very sweet, I suggest sharing.

Wow, you had characters at the pool?! I didn't know any of the resorts did that! How fun!
I didn't either it was a fun suprise, but those poor CMs, it was so hot.

Sounds like a great time in Pandora!!
::yes::
Very cool about the characters at the pool!
I thought so, I hadn't seen or heard of them doing that before.

Joining in very late but loving it . I can’t believe how big the boys have gotten!!!
haha, no worries. Thanks for joining. I know, I wish they would stop growing :sad:

I've never seen those walking robots in Pandora before! How cool! I really need just a whole day in that area! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter