Unpopular Opinions?

Please no name calling!
Um, okay.

Disney CREATED the AP problem they had because THEY were greedy. Bottom line. No one told them to sell over a million of them. They added that stupid monthly payment option for the same reason car dealers issue 7 year car loans. They were behaving like sharks and taking advantage of people who really couldn't afford to go there normally.

What they SHOULD do, going forward, is CAP the number of Annual Pass sales and raise the prices across the board to weed out the people who don't spend anything when they get there. Those people are a liability for Disney. They realized too late that don't want those people, but up to this point, they have done nothing but ENCOURAGE that behavior. It's their own fault it got to be the way it was. You can't blame the guests for that.
The topic is Opinions. And yes, I do agree with yours and no it’s not necessary you agree with mine. You can’t blame a huge corporation for making money anymore than I can. I’m not blaming the AP guest for being an AP. I’m speaking disparagingly about their latest tantrum.
At some point you’d hope self awareness would kick in and they see their behavior is unattractive. To keep whining and kicking the seat in front of you until someone notices isn’t the answer to anything. Being upset that someone gets to go ahead of you and you now have to wait your turn is unseemly and ungrateful.
That was my point. And again. My unpopular opinion.

Last edited:

(I wish I could whisper mine...)

I don't like characters. Love the movies, love the rides, but adults dressed in floofy costumes just aren't for me or my family. We'll never do meet & greets or book a meal to see a character. Especially princesses.

I also don't like "gear." I think I would feel swindled if I ever bought it.

(I wish I could whisper mine...)

I don't like characters. Love the movies, love the rides, but adults dressed in floofy costumes just aren't for me or my family. We'll never do meet & greets or book a meal to see a character. Especially princesses.

I also don't like "gear." I think I would feel swindled if I ever bought it.

hahahaha. I tolerate characters for my little kids, who get excited, but I would have zero interest as an adult without kids. In fact I'll add to this and say when you're standing in a hot line for an hour to meet Elsa with your 5 year old daughter it's irritating and baffling to see a bunch of adults with no children in front of you to talk to characters who (plot twist!) are in fact adults dressed in floofy costumes 🤷‍♀️ haha

hahahaha. I tolerate characters for my little kids, who get excited, but I would have zero interest as an adult without kids. In fact I'll add to this and say when you're standing in a hot line for an hour to meet Elsa with your 5 year old daughter it's irritating and baffling to see a bunch of adults with no children in front of you to talk to characters who (plot twist!) are in fact adults dressed in floofy costumes 🤷‍♀️ haha
I love the characters but only due to my kids! It is weird to me to see adults waiting to meet them as well.

I also don’t quite understand the HUGE draw to Peter Pan. While I do love it and think it’s the best of the classic Fantasyland rides, there are times when it is literally the longest line in all of DL, which is just crazy to me. I’ve gone years without even riding Peter Pan because I just can’t justify waiting in that line...

I don’t like churros. They’re way too sweet and oily.

I actually like the small world song that everyone loves to hate.

I agree jumping jellyfish is fun! It’s a kids ride but it’s my limit for drop type rides. I hold on to the armrests and try not to panic and then feel proud for getting through it, lol.

For the same reason - I cannot do tower of terror. Firm no. The jumpin jellyfish is my tower of terror. 😂

I love the characters but only due to my kids! It is weird to me to see adults waiting to meet them as well.

When you've been to Disney parks hundreds of times, you've already been on the permanent rides and seen the permanent shows enough times. But they're always introducing new characters and you can have a slightly different experience with characters each time. I've never taken a picture with Raya but I have been on Smugglers Run plenty of times.

I also enjoy photography and character greetings are a great way to practice working with a model without actually paying a model.

I had fun meeting the characters at Minnie's Breakfast (?), I got excited for when they came over, I said hi and gave them a hug, but afterwards felt awkward because I wasn't sure what else I could say! But I can definitely see how kids could be in awe of seeing their fave characters in real life and being able to interact with them!

Just to be clear, I love meeting the characters!!! I see it through my kids and it is amazing!!! When they are grown I will be sad not meeting them (and may change my tune and meet them alone). Everyone does what makes them happy. After I stated my above I was reminded by my wife that before we had kids I had to meet Mickey and Minnie as well as Goofy so I guess I don't understand myself lol!!!

You haven’t heard people say that or post that when ticket prices go up or whenever something gets remodeled or changed? I have a lot.
its like another ‘’fingernails on the chalkboard’’. How the heck would you know what he wanted?

My fingernails in a chalkboard would be the use of the words ”magic” and “magical”.

Disneyland and WDW are getting worse as time goes on. They replace classic attractions and areas with garbage (Maelstrom to Frozen - Tower of Terror to GOTG - Jeremy Irons to Judi Dench), etc. etc. etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!