Unpopular Opinions?

CharleneTheDM

Mouseketeer
I’ve been thinking about posting this for a long time but felt embarrassed, but here goes.
  1. I actually find Jumping Jellyfish fun -- it’s tame but the height does give you a tiny bit of butterflies but the ride length is too short. The lines are fast though!
  2. I know people are die-hard fans for the Monte Cristo and Pomme Frites. I was so excited when I made reservations at Cafe Orleans but was SO disappointed by both.
  3. I find the Paradise Garden Grill area in DCA criminally underused.
  4. I actually enjoy the Golden Zephyr.
  5. I wish more of the Star Wars theming was with the original trilogy for nostalgia’s sake.
What are some of your unpopular opinions? This is a no judgement zone!

Agreed. And I hate to say it, but I felt the same about dole whip. It was too much pineapple for me after a couple bites. Maybe I'll have to try the float or one of the swirls.

I also am not gaga over Dole Whips. We had them here in Victoria, BC since the mid-80s (at a shopping mall hotdog stand), and I never saw a big deal about them here either. I don't "hate" them, but I wouldn't go out of my way for one really.

* Fireworks have to been seen from Castle Hub= on my last trip I was not on my own "nickel" so had to tag along. I saw them from Main street, middle ways down and the holiday overlay was fantastic on the store fronts during fireworks. will never watch from hub again.

* Spontaneous is the best way to go . No t a firm believer ...yet. WhenI had to tend to other folks...I did see pearly band, parade while in line for Small World and longer wait in Snow White...which was great because i had to look at the all the detail in stead of the 3 morning rushed boardings.

don't leave the park in high season to rest. = I will tell everyone that when visiting high season for even two days. leave the resort for a noon break. There is so much to see at night and being fresh, hydrated and fueled and fresh socks/sweater make all the difference.

does not make a difference on which tunnel to enter Disneyland. =right tunnel is the best way to enter Disneyland. For sure, no city hall, no folks leaning to the right as they exit out, no folks running to catch the train, your view is not hampered by the Castle, you can focus more on the Main street hub.

Splash mountain sealed plastic bags....nah...who needs them?!!!!.....I was looking in one scrap book and sure enough I saved one

I wish more of the Star Wars theming was with the original trilogy for nostalgia’s sake.!
Totally on board with this one.

For me, I’m not a particular fan of DCA. Before the war, I’d maybe go there once or twice a year while I’d visit DL nearly every Sunday. DL has magic and history whereas DCA has... rides.

Last edited:
For me it is character meet-and-greets. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the characters in parades or shows or walking around the parks. It makes me giggle and wave hello. Yet I would never, never spend time waiting in a line to get a photo with one or to chat one up. I am glad this is offered for other who value it. It keeps them out of the lines for attractions.

For me it is character meet-and-greets. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the characters in parades or shows or walking around the parks. It makes me giggle and wave hello. Yet I would never, never spend time waiting in a line to get a photo with one or to chat one up. I am glad this is offered for other who value it. It keeps them out of the lines for attractions.

I'm with you. I'll let others waste their time on that if it keeps the line shorter for me to get on rides. I don't care about parades, etc, either. I'll sort of enjoy the atmosphere/catch a little bit (from afar) while heading from one ride to another - but I'm not camping out for hours for a perfect spot.

My last trip was Nov. 2019, and I saw the Christmas decor for the first time. While the castle was beautiful, I was kind of underwhelmed with the decorations. I’m not even a Halloween person, but I think the Halloween decor is better themed. Also, I hated the Christmas parade, the only parades that I’ve ever really loved are the Electrical Parade (for nostalgic reasons) and Paint the Night. **covers head and cowers**

I don't get why people get excited about Mickey ice cream bars. I agree that it's cute and festive, but there's nothing special about the taste.
cute and festive 💄💄💄🐷 indeed....but for our family...it was the only reasonable item to purchase that was not going to disapoint anyone in the group. We always buy ours as we leave NBC and stand for group photos. No line, easy place to sit and the worse bathrooms at Disneyland are just around the corner to clean up any mess....but then I am the fellow that loves messes.....I always buy a slice of watermelon from the cattle tub full of fresh fruit as you enter critter coutnry,...now that is not a reasonable price for something to dribble down your arm....Gatorade with rind.🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍗

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter