Unpopular Opinions?

*Mission Breakout is way better than Tower of Terror
*Staying on property at Disneyland is a waste of time and money (used to be more worth but Disney keeps cuttings the perks).
*The food at Blue Bayou is meh and you are paying for the ambiance.
*Space mountain isn't worth waiting more than 30 mins for.
*Park hoppers are waste of money, one day at DCA is enough for a 3+ day trip.
*Galaxy's Edge isn't that great without the original trilogy theming and should have been Mos Eisley not Batuu.
*Soaring over the world is not that great and I would fine if I never got to ride it again.

*Mission Breakout is way better than Tower of Terror
I agree, the on-attraction RIDE experience is better.... could have been literally solved with a software update. Every other part of the attraction is lesser.

*Staying on property at Disneyland is a waste of time and money (used to be more worth but Disney keeps cuttings the perks).
Time? You get Extra Magic Hour... They are closer/more convenient/nicer/better amenities.

*The food at Blue Bayou is meh and you are paying for the ambiance.
Agree, however it used to be much better.

*Park hoppers are waste of money, one day at DCA is enough for a 3+ day trip.
I think the ability to move between parks is very much worth the money. I can't remember a single day where I stayed in a single gate.

Time? You get Extra Magic Hour... They are closer/more convenient/nicer/better amenities.

Actually they are NOT closer. The block of hotels on Harbor in front of Downtown Disney are closer to the park gates than all of the on property hotels; with the exception of the Grand Californian to DCA with their private entrance. And with Disney no longer offering free parking or free shuttles from the airports they are not any more convenient. Yes the DL Hotel and Grand California are very nice. Paradise pier is in bad need of a refresh and is not that nice. And you get extra magic hour when buying a block of 3 day tickets (before covid of course).

Last edited:
Actually they are NOT closer. The block of hotels on Harbor in front of Downtown Disney are closer to the park gates than all of the on property hotels; with the exception of the Grand Californian to DCA with their private entrance. And with Disney no longer offering free parking or free shuttles from the airports they are not any more convenient.
The Grand is closer unless you are in one of the far-flung wings. The fact you go through hotel-guest only checkpoints indeed makes them closer.

Yes the DL Hotel and Grand California are very nice. Paradise pier is in bad need of a refresh and is not that nice. And you get extra magic hour when buying a block of 3 day tickets (before covid of course).
PPH should be torn down.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Not into Dole Whips at all.

I've never made an ADR, and I've been totally happy

I also think it’s weird to use such stilted language like “touring” and “queue”

I agree with you on touring, but Disney themselves uses the term queue.

For me, I’m not a particular fan of DCA. Before the war, I’d maybe go there once or twice a year while I’d visit DL nearly every Sunday. DL has magic and history whereas DCA has... rides.

I'm Norcal and I don't love DCA either. While it's gotten better than it was I still think it's overall a waste. I'd love it if they made it part of Fantasyland and had a bridge to DCA.

For me it is character meet-and-greets.

I don't love the line and crowds these produce. Totally agree!

Disneyland is too overcrowded and treated like casual fun by too many folks. Disney should take some extreme measures to reduce the crowds including completely getting rid of annual passholders and greatly increasing prices. Like 2-3x. A Disneyland trip should be a unique and special thing for folks to do.

I agree with everything you just said. People are so entitled (some AP holders, ahem). DL should be a special event IMO. They should figure out the appropriate price that is enough of a deterent for people using it as their local hangout, but still within "reach" for people to save for an annual trip (or whatever) - and it will become a much more special place again. I would be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for admission to a park that wasn't crowded.

100% agree. The Disney ticket is the most expensive part of the trip for us, and I would pay double just to easily get into the restaurants I want to eat at and the rides I'd like to go on. I'd pay triple or more just to schedule the whole experience - set up every part of the trip before we went and get into every ride, restaurant, or shop without a wait.

If Disney offered "experience" days where they only let 10k people in who pay 5-10 times more I would jump at it. Or adult only days? Yes, please.

My unpopular opinions:

Tomorrowland should be overhauled, beyond Buzz, Space Mountain, and Autopia most of it is a waste of valuable space
Mr. Toads Wild Ride should be replaced
Disney should design space saver strollers and space efficient stroller parking and require their use in the park
There should be multiple locker locations
Pin Trading should have specifically dedicated kiosks with pin boards, instead of having the pin boards in shops
Scooters should not have alarms over a certain decibel count
and finally,
have Club 33 give back the blue stairs in New Orleans Square pretty please
- I used to take a picture on the stairs each trip (going back to 2000) and no longer can because it's now used for the club 😭

If Disney offered "experience" days where they only let 10k people in who pay 5-10 times more I would jump at it. Or adult only days? Yes, please.

As people on this board point out on a regular basis, Disneyland and Disney World are two very different experiences. I'm the early stages of planning a trip to Disney World (as in, thinking about going in a year or two). The Magic Kingdon at Disney World has nights where you pay extra money and you get to stay in the park for three hours beyond the regular closing time (I've never done it, I just came across it while researching the trip). These are not always themed events, just nights when you can pay for the privilage of spending extra time in the park. It was over $100 and they sell a set number of tickets, so that limits the number of people who attend. This seemed a like a scaled down version of the adults only days or the experience days you were propsing. I could see Disneyland doing some like this once a month.

...The Magic Kingdon at Disney World has nights where you pay extra money and you get to stay in the park for three hours beyond the regular closing time (I've never done it, I just came across it while researching the trip). These are not always themed events, just nights when you can pay for the privilage of spending extra time in the park. It was over $100 and they sell a set number of tickets, so that limits the number of people who attend. This seemed a like a scaled down version of the adults only days or the experience days you were propsing. I could see Disneyland doing some like this once a month.

I love that! And I didn't know about that aspect of WDW, so thank you! We've only been once (Christmas Eve 2019) but we adored Epcot. It made us dislike DCA even more XD

Dole whips....I don't get the infatuation.

Toon town. Only went into that area once and have never been back.

I’ve been thinking about posting this for a long time but felt embarrassed, but here goes.

1. I know people are die-hard fans for the Monte Cristo and Pomme Frites. I was so excited when I made reservations at Cafe Orleans but was SO disappointed by both.

Oh my goodness, same here. lol.

Unpopular opinion:

95% of the foodstuffs for sale at DLR is too sweet, I don’t understand why…are peoples’ taste buds broken/that desensitized to sugar?

(but I sure love the churros)

DCA is really only a half day park.

Hoping the addition of Avengers Campus changes that. I know we're already planning to visit that area a couple of times the day we spend there. Want to see what Avengers Campus looks like during the day and night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter